Vols unranked in first coaches poll

I am with you this team of player combined with this group of coaches will finish top 15 this year.

Missouri will take care of Louisville, and either dook or memphis (whichever makes it to the championship game in the Battle 4 Atlantis). Louisville is overrated and has little offensive game, memphis is, well, memphis. It would be similar to our NCAA game last time with them. all in all, KY, Mizzou, FLo 'rida, Tennessee, and Alabama will be ranked by December.

I got no problem starting the season unranked. We didn't make the tournament and only proved we belonged for half of the season. We are clearly better than a lot of those teams ahead of us.

It's fine for pre season. But I think our Vols will move up steadily in the polls. With every significant player coming back, I think both the coaching staff and our team will have a hard nose, never quit personality. I just hope Maymon's knees hold up.

Great news for Martin lovers. He breaks the polls for the first time in his career and somehow that becomes an overachiever move since they're picked to finish outside the top 25 before the season starts.

Great news for Martin lovers. He breaks the polls for the first time in his career and somehow that becomes an overachiever move since they're picked to finish outside the top 25 before the season starts.

Can I get a definitive answer from you...

What does it take from CCM this year for you to fully back him?

Not joking, not being sarcastic...dead serious.

Reactions: 1 person

If you don't want Martin here. Then who do you want? I really want to know.

Reactions: 1 person
He has answered this, Izzo.

Yes the guy who turned down 6mill a year NBA job, and is king of a perennial basketball power school, was gonna come here instead.

As much as I would take Izzo. His age would concern me. Martin is moving in the right direction fast than most coaches that are in their 2nd year at a big school. Of course he has to prove it on the court but how can you not be pleased with him?

As much as I would take Izzo. His age would concern me. Martin is moving in the right direction fast than most coaches that are in their 2nd year at a big school. Of course he has to prove it on the court but how can you not be pleased with him?

I'd have taken Izzo too, but it's comical to think he'd come here.

Tom Izzo coming to our basketball program is almost as funny as Jon Gruden coming to our football program. :D

Reactions: 2 people
Can I get a definitive answer from you...

What does it take from CCM this year for you to fully back him?

Not joking, not being sarcastic...dead serious.

Compete for 40 mins/gm. Look back after the final buzzer and say they did the best they could all year.

Tom Izzo coming to our basketball program is almost as funny as Jon Gruden coming to our football program. :D

Why would Saban go to Alabama? They were mired in mediocrity with sanctions and penalty's looming large.

Why would Calipari go to Kentucky? They have an unrealistic fan base and had just fired a coach that did his best to submarine the program.

Why are your expectations for UT so low?

They're not, I'd have liked K, but I'm also realistic.

When you're turned down by guys like wright, Marshall, Dixon, Lawrence etc...what makes you think a guy who dwarfs all of them would even listen to us, especially after he just turned down a $6 million/year job???

Compete for 40 mins/gm. Look back after the final buzzer and say they did the best they could all year.

Name me one college coach who can say that about their team last year?

That's unrealistic, and you're setting him up for failure already in your mind.

VN Store

Back