Excitement

zestyzoo23

In VOLS We Trust
I haven't gave up on our football program just yet but my patience, just like everyone else's its running low. I am sooo excited about the upcoming basketball season and to see what Coach Martin has done with a season under his belt. I already like what he has done from a recruiting aspect but I really wanna see how much more disciplined this team will be. Stokes is an absolute beast. We have one coach that is perfect for our program and that is Martin. Our players play their asses off for him and that staff.

On a diff note does anyone else think Lane Kiffin knows voodoo and put a spell on our football program?

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are just as excited about bball season as UK fans it seems. A rabid fan base like this deserves successful seasons. CCM looks to be the guy to give you guys many in the upcoming future.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys are just as excited about bball season as UK fans it seems. A rabid fan base like this deserves successful seasons. CCM looks to be the guy to give you guys many in the upcoming future.

This. You my friend are one of the more balanced Blue Bloods we have on this forum. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't gave up on our football program just yet but my patience, just like everyone else's its running low. I am sooo excited about the upcoming basketball season and to see what Coach Martin has done with a season under his belt. I already like what he has done from a recruiting aspect but I really wanna see how much more disciplined this team will be. Stokes is an absolute beast. We have one coach that is perfect for our program and that is Martin. Our players play their asses off for him and that staff.

On a diff note does anyone else think Lane Kiffin knows voodoo and put a spell on our football program?

No need to bring Kiffin into this part of volnation lol.

Reactions: 3 people
Hahaha. Kiffin included in the basketball forum now, too? And yes. I am quite excited about this upcoming season as well!

This is the most excited I've been for a season since the season that we went to the Elite 8. I think seeing Jarnell and Jeronne for a full season together in the post and seeing how Golden and McRae matured is what has me the most excited.

I'm really Stoked that Martin has gained some much needed support....BUT we have to keep in mind that he has only coached one season so far. Yes, I'm extremely excited and extremely optimistic about this season, but you have to consider that we actually don't have the best idea as to how he's going to perform this season.

You guys know that I have Martinini IVs hooked up between my toes 24/7 (don't want to leave track marks on my arms), but just wanted to keep it in perspective...

I'm really Stoked that Martin has gained some much needed support....BUT we have to keep in mind that he has only coached one season so far. Yes, I'm extremely excited and extremely optimistic about this season, but you have to consider that we actually don't have the best idea as to how he's going to perform this season.

You guys know that I have Martinini IVs hooked up between my toes 24/7 (don't want to leave track marks on my arms), but just wanted to keep it in perspective...

Tempered enthusiasm should be banned. That is all.

Was about to say the same thing. It's great to have support, optimism, but we need to be sure that all of that, plus excitement, doesn't turn into expectations.

I agree, Martin needs to show he can make the dance.

If he makes the dance this year, there should be no more questions, and he should get a fat raise.

You are exactly right. I personally want all the SEC teams to be very successful. This helps SEC teams prepare for the NCAA's and helps the conference overall. CCM is old school and he will be compared to the Knight's and Chaney's of the world. Defend and rebound. Championships will come.

I can't wait for us to lose a game so the football crowd can push the panic button.

I agree, Martin needs to show he can make the dance.

If he makes the dance this year, there should be no more questions, and he should get a fat raise.

So, different rules for Pastner and Martin; CCM just has to get there, but Pastner has to win ?

CBSSports has UT as #9 seed; ESPN as a #10.

Expectations are already there --- good news!

Bad news --- as Memphis learned, don't want to be in that 8-9-10+ range; guaranteed tough opposition.

So, different rules for Pastner and Martin; CCM just has to get there, but Pastner has to win ?

CBSSports has UT as #9 seed; ESPN as a #10.

Expectations are already there --- good news!

Bad news --- as Memphis learned, don't want to be in that 8-9-10+ range; guaranteed tough opposition.

How many years has pastner been there, how many has CCM been there?

Who has the more talented roster?

Which team is widely considered top 15?

Which team has been to the tourney twice and knocked out first round?

Answer these and you should be able to answer your question.

As far as the seed...I don't see UT being worse than a 6/7 seed, if we are a 9/10 see that'd be a dissapointment IMO.

I'm just being real. You know it will happen.

We're not going to see losses like AP and Oakland this season.
Those were the causes of implosion last season and it was our bb fans.
I was very concerned about the AP loss as were many.
We'll have losses of course, but they won't be for lack of effort or bad defense.

How many years has pastner been there, how many has CCM been there?

Who has the more talented roster?

Which team is widely considered top 15?

Which team has been to the tourney twice and knocked out first round?

Answer these and you should be able to answer your question.

As far as the seed...I don't see UT being worse than a 6/7 seed, if we are a 9/10 see that'd be a dissapointment IMO.

Wow. Going all in for this season. That is a bold prediction. I like it.

I'm sorry should I be unrealistic and say 1/2 seed at worst?

It's much more than anything pasty has accomplished, and given what CCM walked into, quite an accomplishment by him.

#trollfail

I mean this with all respect, but thats a pretty big jump for the UT team. UT doesn't necessarily lose anyone from last year's team, but they didn't add any impact players either. This is in essence the same team that dropped two of its last three to Ole Miss and MTSU (at home, in a postseason, single-elimination tournament).

The SEC should be a little softer than last season. UK and Vandy will be down, Vandy down A LOT. Florida is tougher, Arkansas is way tougher. I honestly don't know who Bama returns from a really solid team last season.

It's hard to argue that UT won't be better, but a 6 seed is a rather large jump for what should be Martin's first visit to the dance. I know I'll get flamed for this because I'm not technically a vol fan, but this isn't meant to be a slight against Martin or his team.

Last edited:
I mean this with all respect, but thats a pretty big jump for the UT team. UT doesn't necessarily lose anyone from last year's team, but they didn't add any impact players either. This is in essence the same team that dropped two of it's last three to Ole Miss and MTSU (at home, in a postseason, single-elimination tournament).

The SEC should be a little softer than last season. UK and Vandy will be down, Vandy down A LOT. Florida is tougher, Arkansas is way tougher. I honestly don't know who Bama returns from a really solid team last season.

It's hard to argue that UT won't be better, but a 6 seed is a rather large jump for what should be Martin's first visit to the dance. I know I'll get flamed for this because I'm not technically a vol fan, but this isn't meant to be a slight against Martin or his team.

They don't add any impact players? Technically true, but I don't think the jarnell stokes you saw last year is the same guy you'll see this year. Also, we only had him for half a season, you include him the first half of the year and Tennessee was dancing last year.

I also personally think dmontre will be an impact guy. Not anyone who will blow you away, but a good defender, great rebounder and someone who probably is going to get you 8&6 from the 3 spot every night.

Yes this is the same team that lost to those teams, its also the same team that beat Florida twice, curb stomped vandy, and handled UCONN pretty easily.

The things that hurt Tennessee were that bad losses early on, you take away AP and Oakland losses and swap those to wins and this team was in the tourney.

Bama IMO is probably about the same, lost some gained some, see the around the same. Florida is tougher, but we also only play them once now, at TBA this year. Our OOC schedule is much easier than last years, not cupcakes, but good teams who we should be favored against(not Memphis).

I said 6/7 seed, many have vols in the top 25, those that don't have them very close. A 6/7 seed is 20-28 best teams(I'm aware it doesn't work that way). So I don't think it's really that unrealistic all things considered.

VN Store

Back