In four weeks........

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Tennessee starts one of the best seasons in program history, and the starting point of UT becoming an annual top 15 program under Coach Cuonzo Martin.

I am such an unashamed sunshine pumping MARTINi drinking fan.

Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee starts one of the best seasons in program history, and the starting point of UT becoming an annual top 15 program under Coach Cuonzo Martin.

i see what you did there.

Go Vols!!!

Hopefully no more Austin Peay/Oakland/nc whatever type performances this year.

Hopefully no more Austin Peay/Oakland/nc whatever type performances this year.

I can promise you it won't happen unless something really drastic happens. The team has bought into Coach Martin.

REAL GOOD !!!!! i wish we could play unc and whoop them till roy williams has a heart attack j/k since unc got us in football and basketball the last couple of times it has been pure hell living on tobacco road!

Its hard not to get excited about this team's potential.... :toast: Here's to an elite 8 run!

I'm excited about the season too but I do not see this being one of the best seasons in UT history. This is the same team that had some really bad losses last year, made a nice run at the end of the year but still fell short of the NCAA tournament, and lost at home to MTSU in the NIT (consequently, MTSU brings nearly everyone back this year as well). I think UT makes significant strides this year and is a NCAA tournament team. I think UT is capable of a second round or even Sweet Sixteen performance. Elite Eight, etc., I think is still a year or two away. Also, compared to the Pearl team that reached #1 and the other Pearl team that reached the Elite Eight--not including Bernie and Ernie era teams--will be tough to match this year. Now, if Stokes comes back next year and Hubbs and Nichols both sign and live up to their billing, that is a potential Final Four caliber team. I am excited about the future of UT basketball and think we are getting close but Elite Eight this year and having one of the best years in program history both, while I hope they happen, seem like a bit of a stretch this year. CCM will have UT there soon enough though.

I think CCM is doing a great job. However, I am not going to go crazy with my expectations. We still do not have a point guard! That's the most important position on the court. Golden is good sometimes, and awful sometimes as well. We also have to prove that we can hit the outside jump shot. There is no doublt we are good down low, but last year teams would beat us by packing it in and saying "beat us with the 3 ball".

I think CCM is doing a great job. However, I am not going to go crazy with my expectations. We still do not have a point guard! That's the most important position on the court. Golden is good sometimes, and awful sometimes as well. We also have to prove that we can hit the outside jump shot. There is no doublt we are good down low, but last year teams would beat us by packing it in and saying "beat us with the 3 ball".
Golden lead the SEC in assist last year as a Sophomore. Don't see how as a Junior he can't improve on that and do the same? Especially since he has been putting in the extra work at night/am according to him on titter/Martin.

Bring back Pearl! Bring back the excitment!:hi:

We actually have an excellent PG. Golden did pretty damn well for a sophomore playing a new position in a new offense with a new coach. No reason to not expect him to be a top 3 SEC PG this season....like he was last season.

There isn't many point guards in the SEC that I would ahead of Golden. He had to do a lot for a first year point guard and for the most part succeeded. I think he can only get better. Keep his assist to turnover ratio down and he will be just fine.

VN Store

Back