Nichols going to Memphis madness

Not trying to be "that guy", but there are no less than three current threads aside from this one that exclusively discuss Austin Nichols. This has been addressed in at least one of them.

If you're a Vol fan, just be confident.

Reactions: 4 people
Well he may be coming but they not even say he has made a official visit to Knoxville.

Not trying to be "that guy", but there are no less than three current threads aside from this one that exclusively discuss Austin Nichols. This has been addressed in at least one of them.

If you're a Vol fan, just be confident.

Does these threads say anything about him sat attending Memphis this weekend? Btw they say Memphis has the number 2 class right now.

That is not good, but not surprising. Tigers are building a recruiting class of epic proportions. Then it could be another courtesy call by Nichols.

That is not good, but not surprising. Tigers are building a recruiting class of epic proportions. Then it could be another courtesy call by Nichols.

Memphis is putting together 1 hell of a class no doubt but you are spot on, it is a courtesy call..

He lives in Memphis. He will know plenty of people attending. Its free and its something to do on a Friday night. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 1 person
He is going to Memphis madness. Why does Tennessee not have a madness. It sure helps Kentucky. Coach Martin might just have to start it.

It had been tried at Tenneseee and has had underwhelming participation from fans. Sometimes it is worse to have an event with paltry attendance than to not have an event at all.

At Kentucky, fans camp out for tickets.

Big difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Our "Madness" event to host basketball recruits is major home football games against the likes of Florida and Bama. If Memphis didn't have a "Madness" basketball practice, they would have nothing decent to take a basketball recruit to in the Fall. UK probably takes basketball recruits to football games, but I doubt it's the point of emphasis that it is at UT.

It had been tried at Tenneseee and has had underwhelming participation from fans. Sometimes it is worse to have an event with paltry attendance than to not have an event at all.

At Kentucky, fans camp out for tickets.

Big difference.

How long ago was it tried here?

Fwiw, Quinn said he's planning on asking Martin about this soon, so maybe well get an answer.

With such a big arena its hard to pack 22k for any midnight madness, and you dont want it looking empty. Maybe put up the curtains for it, what does that make it, about 15k?

Well he may be coming but they not even say he has made a official visit to Knoxville.

He is making his official visit during the Alabama game then announcing his decision Sunday morning I heard it will be televised on ESPNU but dont hold those words against me not positive it will be televised and heard it from a lame talk show lol

How long ago was it tried here?

Fwiw, Quinn said he's planning on asking Martin about this soon, so maybe well get an answer.

With such a big arena its hard to pack 22k for any midnight madness, and you dont want it looking empty. Maybe put up the curtains for it, what does that make it, about 15k?

I have been to march madness at ut before and attendance was pitiful......curtains would not have helped.....of course we are a lot better program now so who knows what the turn out might be now.

We also need a better coordinator...kentuckys is very exciting while ours seemed very very cheesy and lame.

I have been to march madness at ut before and attendance was pitiful......curtains would not have helped.....of course we are a lot better program now so who knows what the turn out might be now.

We also need a better coordinator...kentuckys is very exciting while ours seemed very very cheesy and lame.

That's why I asked when this was?

No point in an event like this during buzz ball, I'd expect attendance to suck, but I'm pretty confident we never had one during pearls era when interest was way up...

Obviously we aren't having one this year...but if this team goes sweet 16, jarnell returns, we being in hubbs and Nichols...I think interest and anticipation is at an all time high. I think we'd have no problem putting 12-15k in attendance for an event like this.

Agree it needs a good coordinator/promoter as well. Brian Tate would be perfect for an event like this, and adding a well known performer also helps...definitely a big part of getting maximum attendance.

That's why I asked when this was?

No point in an event like this during buzz ball, I'd expect attendance to suck, but I'm pretty confident we never had one during pearls era when interest was way up...

Obviously we aren't having one this year...but if this team goes sweet 16, jarnell returns, we being in hubbs and Nichols...I think interest and anticipation is at an all time high. I think we'd have no problem putting 12-15k in attendance for an event like this.

Agree it needs a good coordinator/promoter as well. Brian Tate would be perfect for an event like this, and adding a well known performer also helps...definitely a big part of getting maximum attendance.

I don't remember when it was but we were a bad team......definitely before pearl......it wouldn't matter how good we were bc it sucked.....I do remember a pretty intense mascot basketball game if that tells you anything LOL

I don't remember when it was but we were a bad team......definitely before pearl......it wouldn't matter how good we were bc it sucked.....I do remember a pretty intense mascot basketball game if that tells you anything LOL

So bad team + bad coordinator/promoter....never good result.

Personally I think if done right it could be big here, and a nice recruiting tool.

VN Store

Back