Tennessee appears to have parted with Foster...

bleedingTNorange

The staff was trying to get him to keep pushing back his visit, and now appears to be no date set.

This tells me one thing, the staff either has a silent from Nichols or feels VERY confident in their chances to part with foster.

For those that don't know, Alex foster is a 6'8" forward with a very similar game to Nichols. He was being recruited basically as a backup plan to Nichols, and possibly the 5th signee although that part was never clear. The fact Tennessee had set an official visit with him, and has since cancelled it and decided not to reschedule...that says a lot IMO.

TIFWIW GBO VFL JMO IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
The staff was trying to get him to keep pushing back his visit, and now appears to be no date set.

This tells me one thing, the staff either has a silent from Nichols or feels VERY confident in their chances to part with foster.

For those that don't know, Alex foster is a 6'8" forward with a very similar game to Nichols. He was being recruited basically as a backup plan to Nichols, and possibly the 5th signee although that part was never clear. The fact Tennessee had set an official visit with him, and has since cancelled it and decided not to reschedule...that says a lot IMO.

TIFWIW GBO VFL JMO IMHO

Could it mean we are confident that we are getting AN and JWIII?

TIFWIW GBO VFL JMO IMHO

Thanks for all the info you give.

If Freak is taking votes on making anyone a basketball guru, I'd like to nominate bleedingTNorange.

Reactions: 4 people
Where is J3 going?

Forgive my ignorance. I do not follow roundball recruiting closely. Where is J3 likely to sign? I do appreciate what you bring to the board BTNO. I pretty much get all my bball recruiting info from your threads.

Oh no ignorance, not how I meant it. Many keep asking about him or thinking there's a chance, I just don't see it. J3 isn't too fond of Hubbs and doesn't want to play with Nichols, kind of a problem obviously.

Most likely Georgetown bound, Mizzou and Michigan state are 2&3 IMO.

Thanks for all the info you give.

If Freak is taking votes on making anyone a basketball guru, I'd like to nominate bleedingTNorange.

I wouldn't argue it, but I don't think I've seen any gurus with less than 6 stars.

I think they are awarded more for dedication and longevity than knowledge or contributions. We have some pretty questionable gurus, lol.

Oh no ignorance, not how I meant it. Many keep asking about him or thinking there's a chance, I just don't see it. J3 isn't too fond of Hubbs and doesn't want to play with Nichols, kind of a problem obviously.

Most likely Georgetown bound, Mizzou and Michigan state are 2&3 IMO.

Can't do much about Georgetown this year if that's where JW3 signs, but I'd rather him go there or Meeshigin than Mizzou so we don't have to play against him multiple times during his collegiate career.

No inside dope whatsoever, but Foster always looked like a backup plan to me. I suspect he's a backup for several of the schools at which he has looked. If Harvard is still interested, I suspect that would be his best option all the way around.

TIFWIW GBO VFL JMO IMHO

No inside dope whatsoever, but Foster always looked like a backup plan to me. I suspect he's a backup for several of the schools at which he has looked. If Harvard is still interested, I suspect that would be his best option all the way around.

Harvard is no longer interested, he may not have scored high enough, that was gonna be the question.

But yea he was a backup plan to Nichols....if we are parting with him, you have to think the staff either received some news, or is very confident.

If the visit was connected to Nichols wouldn't it have been planned for later this month after his visit? Having it planned for before would tell me they aren't connected

No. It tells me that they were continuing to try and string him along. He was gonna visit way back, it got delayed to the other day, now it gets delayed again...he was a backup plan to Nichols. We could've had him visit the other day and if he tried to committ inform him we need him to wait, but instead the staff has parted ways and cancelled visits with him to my understanding...seems like they're done stringing him along.

No. It tells me that they were continuing to try and string him along. He was gonna visit way back, it got delayed to the other day, now it gets delayed again...he was a backup plan to Nichols. We could've had him visit the other day and if he tried to committ inform him we need him to wait, but instead the staff has parted ways and cancelled visits with him to my understanding...seems like they're done stringing him along.

If they were stringing him along they would have set up his visit the weekend after Nichols IMO if he was the backup plan. Thats why I ask when it was scheduled. It seems to me they are unrelated

If they were stringing him along they would have set up his visit the weekend after Nichols IMO if he was the backup plan. Thats why I ask when it was scheduled. It seems to me they are unrelated

Maybe foster told them the 9th is when he could make it...also, I'm pretty positive foster set his date before Nichols set his. Not sure if you know this, but it was originally thought Nichols would visit September 15th...thus, the October 9th visit of foster would've made sense.

Maybe foster told them the 9th is when he could make it...also, I'm pretty positive foster set his date before Nichols set his. Not sure if you know this, but it was originally thought Nichols would visit September 15th...thus, the October 9th visit of foster would've made sense.

I dont know any of the specifics only giving an opinion but with that being said the Nichols visit for the Bama weekend has been set for months it seems. That would have been plenty of time to adjust the Foster visit if they were connected.

I dont know any of the specifics only giving an opinion but with that being said the Nichols visit for the Bama weekend has been set for months it seems. That would have been plenty of time to adjust the Foster visit if they were connected.

No it hasn't, Nichols visit has been set for a month, maybe a couple days longer.

As of an article August 27th, he still hadn't set a date for his OV to Tennessee.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back