No news is great news!!!

bleedingTNorange

Didn't want to start a thread on this yesterday...didn't want to create the tension or uneasiness...however...this has been a HUGE 72 hours for Tennessee that seems to be coming to an end.

From what I heard...if duke was going to pull Nichols, it was likely he was going to be convinced on his visit, and committ while on his visit. The fact we have heard nothing and his visit should be over, no news means great news for Tennessee fans.

Duke and K pulled out all the stops on this visit for Nichols...he was given red carpet treatment and no matter what anyone says...Nichols was Duke's NUMBER ONE post priority in this class, which is a big concern for them. Let that sink in for a minute...this is a guy DUKE WANTS BAD!!!

It looks like Cuonzo is going to hang on and we will be getting some great news sometime between October 20-22...

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Didn't want to start a thread on this yesterday...didn't want to create the tension or uneasiness...however...this has been a HUGE 72 hours for Tennessee that seems to be coming to an end.

From what I heard...if duke was going to pull Nichols, it was likely he was going to be convinced on his visit, and committ while on his visit. The fact we have heard nothing and his visit should be over, no news means great news for Tennessee fans.

Duke and K pulled out all the stops on this visit for Nichols...he was given red carpet treatment and no matter what anyone says...Nichols was Duke's NUMBER ONE post priority in this class, which is a big concern for them. Let that sink in for a minute...this is a guy DUKE WANTS BAD!!!

It looks like Cuonzo is going to hang on and we will be getting some great news sometime between October 20-22...

GBO!!!

i'm praying your right, just hoping it's not 1 of those deals that he goes home, sleeps on it for a night and commits to duke on monday

@CuonzoMartin: Twitter / CuonzoMartin: Vol fans, I need help with ...

A4crTPbCAAAQsFt.jpg

*Weights

Reactions: 1 person
Mark Nichols is in charge.
He's stated repeatedly that they wouldn't announce until after their last visit.
The more I read of his interviews, the more I'm convinced, he's already a vol.
Very religious kid. Stokes and Richardson influence will be be big there.
Sees himself as a 3/4 in college. Duke recruiting him as a 5.
Austin's a Vol.

Trying not to get my hopes.

Fear the worst, hope for the best. That way there is no disappointment.

If I let myself believe it's a done deal and he picks another school, I might fall into a deep dark depression. lol

Apparently he had a really good visit.

Just how good is the question, now.

Ya think??? Now I cant imagine a scenario where a big time basketball player goes on an official visit to DUKE!!!! and had a mediorce visit....I mean...really...Just messing with u on stating the OBVIOUS!!! In fact I would have been shocked and frankly a little disappointed if he had said..."WOW...what a horrible visit to DUKE!!!! that was!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Hoping to get this text in the same fashion I got my Hubbs commitment, out of the blue!

Anytime dUKe losses out on a recruit is good news. Losing someone to UT would be a big milestone for UT. Not to mention it will be healthy for the SEC. Between Counzo, Billy D, and Cal we're on our way to having the best recruiters in one conference.

Ya think??? Now I cant imagine a scenario where a big time basketball player goes on an official visit to DUKE!!!! and had a mediorce visit....I mean...really...Just messing with u on stating the OBVIOUS!!! In fact I would have been shocked and frankly a little disappointed if he had said..."WOW...what a horrible visit to DUKE!!!! that was!!!!

EDIT: nevermind.

Last edited:
Apparently he had a really good visit.

Just how good is the question, now.

How do you say no to Duke? That's the question. If somehow Coach Zo can win this battle over who get's Nichols, it speaks volumes on his ability to go head to head with the best.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back