2014 Kentucky PF Shane Hall

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'9/210
Paintsville, KY
Johnson Central High School

Staff recently just visited Hall. Only offer is Butler at this point, but has drawn interest from Tennessee, Alabama, Purdue, Louisville, Indiana, and Cincinnati.

Shane is a consensus top 150 player. Not much info on him at this moment. A big junior year could vault him into higher up in the rankings.

ESPN Scouting Report

Strengths:
Hall is a tough and highly competitive forward who plays with great energy and urgency. His motor never stops running. He has a good basketball IQ. Hall understands what he excels at and is very productive. He is sneaky athletic and can finish above the rim with a clear path. Hall is terrific at attacking the basket from short distances where he displayed good touch, body control and was crafty. He is an excellent finisher and when he didn't finish he seemed to draw the foul. It is safe to say that driving the ball and attacking defender along with rebounding is what hall does best.

Weaknesses:
Hall is long and thin and must work to add strength. He also must work on his perimeter shooting and build his back to basket moves which could be solved with individual skill development because this kid seems to be a worker.

Bottom Line:
Hall is a rim attacker and rebounder with a great motor. He knows how to play and is a blue collar player that simply gets the job done. He must add strength and work on his shooting and back to the basket moves but this kid does things to help bwin games. Once he adds the perimeter jumper think Matt Howard.

I was watching his highlight tape and I was like "he's skinny, and all has no shooting game" then realized it was his freshman tape :/. He's impressive.

“It’s pretty awesome to be one of the top players in the country like that,” he said after being in Knoxville for*Tennessee’s recent intense-skill camp. “It’s a pretty big deal back home because they usually don’t have many players get in the top 100.”

“I’m trying to go inside more since I’m tall,” he said. “I’ve been trying to work on my inside game a lot more than I was before.”

“I feel like I’ve improved my jump shot a lot since last year,” he said. “I think my post moves have gotten better, too.”

“I’m looking for somewhere I can come in and play,” he said. “I’m looking for somewhere kind of close to home where I can get a good education.”

“I think Tennessee is one of the best schools I could end up at,” he said. “They’re one of the big-time schools that will be in the NCAA Tournament.”

Hall hopes to commit in September or October, then sign scholarship papers in November. Until then, he wants to continue refining his game and maximizing his potential.

-scout

Thanks again wutang!

Sounds like hall is pretty high on the Vols. at 6'9" you could likeky get away with him playing center if he adds some weight. Take hall and add him to Cofer, and hopefully we can land London.

That gives you Cornish, London, Cofer and Hall and makes waiting on Hurt a bit easier. Also lets the staff focus on a PG.

“It’s pretty awesome to be one of the top players in the country like that,” he said after being in Knoxville for*Tennessee’s recent intense-skill camp. “It’s a pretty big deal back home because they usually don’t have many players get in the top 100.”

“I’m trying to go inside more since I’m tall,” he said. “I’ve been trying to work on my inside game a lot more than I was before.”

“I feel like I’ve improved my jump shot a lot since last year,” he said. “I think my post moves have gotten better, too.”

“I’m looking for somewhere I can come in and play,” he said. “I’m looking for somewhere kind of close to home where I can get a good education.”

“I think Tennessee is one of the best schools I could end up at,” he said. “They’re one of the big-time schools that will be in the NCAA Tournament.”

Hall hopes to commit in September or October, then sign scholarship papers in November. Until then, he wants to continue refining his game and maximizing his potential.

-scout

Thank you, sir.

-scout

Great news to hear. I'm surprised UK hasn't offered this kid yet.

VN Store

Back