2014 GA C Isaiah Manderson

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'10/250
Alpharetta, GA
Milton High School

Consensus top 150 player. UT visited him today.

Confirmed offers from Oregon State and Maryland. Says he has offers from Georgia and Tennessee on his twitter account.

ESPN Scouting Report

Strengths:
Manderson is a true center with great size good and a very good motor. He runs the floor very well for his size and can catch and finish on the move. Manderson can score in the low post with a nice variety of moves. He likes to attack the rim from both low blocks sweeping across the lane where he displayed touch and feel with either hand. Manderson has excellent footwork for such a young inside player. He also attacks to the point that he forces defenders to foul him. Manderson is a powerful rebounder. He goes and gets the ball with two hands on a consistent basis in his area.

Weaknesses:
Manderson must continue to add to his back to the basket scoring package, rebound more out of his area and work to improve his strength and conditioning which will help him be more productive because being in better shape will allow him to play longer.

Bottom Line:
Manderson is a big body true center that is aggressive to score in the low post and is a powerful area rebounder. Body maintenance is key to prevent injuries and for long term success. Manderson has big time upside.

Committed to Oregon State????!!!

“@AdamZagoria: 6-10 center Isaiah Manderson of the Southern Kings AAU team committed to Oregon State last night, sources tell @SNYtv”

He's one of the best success stories of the Pearl era. I argued daily about Pearl taking his commitment with people on Hoopsville back then even though he was only a borderline 3*. But you take 6'10+ guys when you can if they've shown anything at all and Williams averaged 15/13 at Harmony Prep.

Reactions: 1 person
Define lumbering?

I see Cofer, Owens, Ellis, Carmichael, McGhee, McKnight as guys Tyndall seems to be pursuing in the post. They're all 6'8"-6'11" and weighing 190-220.

Manderson is listed at 6'10" 250lbs, so just wasn't sure how athletic he is. Tyndall wants his bigs to be able to trap and get up and down the court, I'm admittingly not too familiar with Manderson's game.

I see Cofer, Owens, Ellis, Carmichael, McGhee, McKnight as guys Tyndall seems to be pursuing in the post. They're all 6'8"-6'11" and weighing 190-220.

Manderson is listed at 6'10" 250lbs, so just wasn't sure how athletic he is. Tyndall wants his bigs to be able to trap and get up and down the court, I'm admittingly not too familiar with Manderson's game.

I wonder how those tall, slender guys would work out in the SEC? Do you think they could run with the Kentuckys and the Floridas or would they get bounced around too much?

I wonder how those tall, slender guys would work out in the SEC? Do you think they could run with the Kentuckys and the Floridas or would they get bounced around too much?

Hard to know till it happens. Some 250lb guys play like there 220, while 220pounders play like they're 275.

Heard CDT's interview today and he said he wants McGhee about 20-25lbs heavier. If he's supposedly 220 now, then he prefers guys that are also "solid," but have high motors. TIFWIW

VN Store

Back