The actual best part about Hubbs' commitment

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Go look at what Robert Hubbs Sr. says about Cuonzo Martin. It's not even really about basketball. It's the type of influence Coach Martin has on young kids.

When a father says about a coach "He's not going to be the father I am, but he's the next best thing" that is special.

In this day, college athletics is a sleazy, slimy, greaseball of a profession. And after Joe Paterno, there doesn't seem any hope in the "Grand Experiment". Hell, I lost hope.

Am I saying Cuonzo is going to have the athletic success of a great. I don't know. I hope he does. What I do believe is that Cuonzo Martin is going to help teach these kids how to be men, which is a lost art among adult males today.

That's why I'm proud Cuonzo Martin is representing The University of Tennessee. He's a leader of men.

Reactions: 25 people
Well said and reflects my feelings exactly. We are fortunate to have CCM at Tennessee.
Go look at what Robert Hubbs Sr. says about Cuonzo Martin. It's not even really about basketball. It's the type of influence Coach Martin has on young kids.

When a father says about a coach "He's not going to be the father I am, but he's the next best thing" that is special.

In this day, college athletics is a sleazy, slimy, greaseball of a profession. And after Joe Paterno, there doesn't seem any hope in the "Grand Experiment". Hell, I lost hope.

Am I saying Cuonzo is going to have the athletic success of a great. I don't know. I hope he does. What I do believe is that Cuonzo Martin is going to help teach these kids how to be men, which is a lost art among adult males today.

That's why I'm proud Cuonzo Martin is representing The University of Tennessee. He's a leader of men.

1347893275317-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
Coach Martin is a stand up guy and a great coach. Hope things work out for him to stay here 20 years!

Bruce Pearl was the second best hire by Mike Hamilton. Hiring his replacement was the best move he made. Two very inspired hires, IMHO.

I am not advocating the return of Mike Hamilton as our AD, but with time, his image will be rehabilitated once we have a chance to see the apparent growth in the success of our hoops program.

Bruce Pearl was the second best hire by Mike Hamilton. Hiring his replacement was the best move he made. Two very inspired hires, IMHO.

I am not advocating the return of Mike Hamilton as our AD, but with time, his image will be rehabilitated once we have a chance to see the apparent growth in the success of our hoops program.

Goodness, I hope not. I don't think any sane person could.

Post above mine, additionally a reference to the fact that Memphis has chosen to end the series.

Actually it was a you won't play us in football, we won't play you in BB kind of game. The football game was huge revenue for Memphis. They don't need the basketball game. Less likely it will happen with Memphis moving to the Big East.

Actually it was a you won't play us in football, we won't play you in BB kind of game. The football game was huge revenue for Memphis. They don't need the basketball game. Less likely it will happen with Memphis moving to the Big East.

Pretty sure it was the opposite. They wanted to break off the BB series, so we're not gonna play in FB either.

Also I can honestly tell he is a great coach who will win CHAMPIONSHIPS HERE, yes I said CHAMPIONSHIPS

VN Store

Back