Possible hubbs committment this weekend...

bleedingTNorange

"There's been a growing sense from our end in the last couple of weeks that Tennessee is carrying some momentum into their visit with the nation's No. 12 ranked player. Cuonzo Martin conducted a lengthy in-home visit with Hubbs on Tuesday night in preparation for the weekend and in a best-case scenario, the Vols convince him to end his recruitment this weekend."

-Volquest

Reactions: 5 people
If you had any doubts about going to the practice, or the game...come out, show your support. If CCM could pull a committment from Hubbs NOW, convincing him to cancel the rest of his allowed visits, convincing him to not wait on UK...WOOOOOW!!!!

Tomorrows game is so huge, not just football recruits but basketball. A big win against an SEC rival and those kids seeing Neyland going crazy and how passionate Tennessee fans are, wow!!

Tomorrows game is so huge, not just football recruits but basketball. A big win against an SEC rival and those kids seeing Neyland going crazy and how passionate Tennessee fans are, wow!!

win would be best, of course, but won't sway Hubbs decision. The vast majority of recruits and players take losses a hell of a lot better than fans.

This could be a dream weekend. Get a top rated 5 star recruit and beat the snot out of the Gators. Wow. I hope CCM can close it this weekend that would be really impressive.

I would be surprised if Hubbs went public before the other guys CCM is recruiting, but if he did I think it would prompt the others to make their decision sooner.

Reactions: 1 person
Simply because he is so highly rated. 4 **** generally (not always of course) go public before 5 ***** recruits. I would love if he went public this w/e, just would be surprised.

I've never heard that...

Typically more 3 and 4 stars committ early, but there's also a lot more 3&4 stars then there are 5 stars.

If you look at the 2013 5 stars about half are committed, I'm gonna say half the 3 and 4 stars arent yet committed.

An early Hubbs commit would be HUGE for UT. This would eliminate the poaching possibilities that will initiate once the #1 and #2 SG prospects decide. Those two guys still have 12 schools under consideration. So you have at least 10 schools that will potentially be in the market for a SG and could come knocking on Hubbs' door.

I've never heard that...

Typically more 3 and 4 stars committ early, but there's also a lot more 3&4 stars then there are 5 stars.

If you look at the 2013 5 stars about half are committed, I'm gonna say half the 3 and 4 stars arent yet committed.
I didn't realize half of the 5 ***** had already gone public. How many 2013 5's are there? Maybe BB is somewhat different than FB, because most 5 star FB recruits don't go public until late in the process, several always wait until NSD every year.

I didn't realize half of the 5 ***** had already gone public. How many 2013 5's are there? Maybe BB is somewhat different than FB, because most 5 star FB recruits don't go public until late in the process, several always wait until NSD every year.

There are usually 20-30 5* guys a year. Basketball recruiting is a whole different animal than football because of AAU.

I had a feeling you were referring to football recruiting, it's a whole different style and practices.

Really any service you go by about halft the 5 stars are committed for 2013, and nowhere near half the 3 and 4 stats are I don't think. Basketball doesn't have a huge hoopla signing day like football, that's a lot of the reason those high profile guys wait, they want their 2 minutes of fame on ESPNU on signing day.

VN Store

Back