Leroy Watson, the new Easterwood?

bleedingTNorange

Leroy Watson wrote an article for the Memphis rivals site where are the 6 going? (king, Crawford, Johnson, jw3, Nichols and hubbs)

Obviously king and Crawford are committed, here's what he says about the other 4...

Nichols...Likely destinations and chances he will land there: Vanderbilt, 60%, Memphis 20%, all others 5% each

Jw3...Likely destinations and chances he will land there: Georgetown, 60%, Memphis 30%, all others combine for 10%

Hubbs...Likely destination and chance he will land there: Don't even think about handicapping this race!

Johnson...Likely destinations and chance he will land there: Alabama, 50%; Louisville, 50%

Now it's one thing to have a hatred for UT, but if you're a reporter this is absolutely inexcusable to be so biased that you blatantly disregard mentioning Tennessee.

It is likely not that low. I don't think he is a bigger Vol lean than Nichols though.

Ok was just looking for clarification, when you said the only inaccuracy was Nichols i figured you agreed with the writer on Jw3.

Personally if I had to put gut percentages....

Nichols 60%
Hubbs 50%
Jw3 40%

Leroy Watson has been knocking isht out of the park lately. He obviously has "ins" with a lot of these kids, because he's scooped Martin, Memphisroar, Jason Smith on stories regarding these kids.

Ridiculous. One of the most biased things I have seen about their recruitment.

IMO. I'd put our changes with Nichols at 90%, Hubbs 80% and JW3 40-50 %. Still feel confident in Nichols and Hubbs. Can't wait to see these Memphis writers eat their words. It will absolutely break their hearts :)

Ridiculous. One of the most biased things I have seen about their recruitment.

IMO. I'd put our changes with Nichols at 90%, Hubbs 80% and JW3 40-50 %. Still feel confident in Nichols and Hubbs. Can't wait to see these Memphis writers eat their words. It will absolutely break their hearts :)

Why is it biased?

Why is it biased?

Mentioning everyone but UT isn't biased to you when concerning those 3 recruits? It's the craziest thing I've heard. Regardless if you wear orange glasses or not, we stand a better chance than to be included in on the "other".

Leroy Watson has been knocking isht out of the park lately. He obviously has "ins" with a lot of these kids, because he's scooped Martin, Memphisroar, Jason Smith on stories regarding these kids.

He had the king to Memphis call early, not exactly a big time prediction, what else has he had?

Also, he didn't have the king to Memphis first, that was another service fwiw, let's give credit where it's due.

Mentioning everyone but UT isn't biased to you when concerning those 3 recruits? It's the craziest thing I've heard. Regardless if you wear orange glasses or not, we stand a better chance than to be included in on the "other".

Doesn't mention Duke, or Virginia or Auburn either.

It's not like he's mention that Memphis is the leader for each one. Why would he be biased against UT?

He had the king to Memphis call early, not exactly a big time prediction, what else has he had?

Also, he didn't have the king to Memphis first, that was another service fwiw, let's give credit where it's due.

I never said he did.

He DID announce that King was canceling his visits and announcing in the next few days before anyone else. Among other things.

Biased towards/against whom?

It'd appear against UT, and for Memphis. Gives UT no credit where it is due, and gives Memphis credit where nobody else does.

So is he biased, a moron, or the smartest person with the best inside knowledge in college basketball recruiting.

It has to be one of those 3?

Tennessee IMO. Tennessee writers aren't the only ones that give us a decent chance of landing any of these 3. Vandy 60 %, Memphis 30% and UT around 5%??? No thanks. It's a laugh at best.

Tennessee IMO. Tennessee writers aren't the only ones that give us a decent chance of landing any of these 3. Vandy 60 %, Memphis 30% and UT around 5%??? No thanks. It's a laugh at best.

Exactly. Even duke writers give us our due, some calling us the leader for both hubbs and nichols.

So for him to basically completely omit Tennessee, its either a hatred for Tennessee showing, he's a moron, or as I said he has the best inside people in recruiting.

So he's biased against UT? In favor of whom? It sure isn't Memphis.

Exactly. Even duke writers give us our due, some calling us the leader for both hubbs and nichols.

So for him to basically completely omit Tennessee, its either a hatred for Tennessee showing, he's a moron, or as I said he has the best inside people in recruiting.

And there we go. Without even really knowing who this is who is writing the article, you come to the conclusion that he must hate UT.

He's been right about a good bit else, what if he's right about this?

Do not waste your time arguing with Leroy and Curly (mem canes). Tiger high fans. I just made a couple of phone calls...Nothing has changed. The Big Three are Tennessee's to lose trust me. Regarding the Big three,none of them will be attending another high school anytime soon. Curly tell Leroy that Dyer County is in West Tennessee and not a part of Memphis.

Reactions: 1 person
And there we go. Without even really knowing who this is who is writing the article, you come to the conclusion that he must hate UT.

He's been right about a good bit else, what if he's right about this?

That was one of the options, not a statement....

You failed to answer my question though, so please try again...Which is he?

You also failed to answer my other question, yet you referenced it again...what other big time recruiting news has he been right on, please elaborate?

giving percentages on where a recruit will go is ridiculous. There isn't an exact science to it, everybody just gives their gut feeling or opinion on a recruit.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back