Update on King

bleedingTNorange

Per Rob Lewis

"Have tried to get in touch with him steadily since Friday with no luck.
Talking with some people seems like the visit went very well and the feeling I've gotten is that Tennessee really helped themselves.

He came with both his mother and father and they made the drive and back in one day, which tells me they were serious about seeing what Tennessee had to offer.

Speculation on my part but based on what I've picked up I think the Vols are in it deeper than I would have ever anticipated a couple of months ago. Probably a UT-Memphis battle IMO. Will continue to try and get in touch with him for a more concrete update."

Sounds pretty positive.

Reactions: 1 person
I take Hubbs opinion w a grain of salt.

Still think he's Memphis-bound

I'm becoming such a Martin fan. He won me over by making an adequate team play great at times just by hard work. The way he seems to be recruiting, I can wait to see what he does with a hugely talented team like he ha a chance of pulling together.

I take Hubbs opinion w a grain of salt.

Still think he's Memphis-bound

Would be surprised if he was a Vol, but looking at the bigger picture is what is telling and gives hope in my opinion.

A couple months ago Tennessee wasn't even in King's top 6. CCM has continued to progress their relationship, enough now to the point that King has placed Tennessee firmly in his top 4.(and let's be honest, have to be ahead of vandy, so probably top 3)

It has continued to progress now to the point that King's family, drove 7 hours, across the state on their own dime, to see the campus. If UT was an hour away ok, I wouldn't take much, but it tells a lot that they drove to Knoxville solely to visit UT.

I agree that UofM is still the leader, but what once seemed like a guaranteed Memphis lock, and UT out of the running, CCM has REALLY gained a lot of ground. If King ends up waiting until later to make a decision, that gives CCM even more time to make up the remaining ground. We have seen what he has done in just a few months, give him a few more months and who knows, he may pull King right out from under Pastner and Memphis.

Reactions: 6 people
Would be surprised if he was a Vol, but looking at the bigger picture is what is telling and gives hope in my opinion.

A couple months ago Tennessee wasn't even in King's top 6. CCM has continued to progress their relationship, enough now to the point that King has placed Tennessee firmly in his top 4.(and let's be honest, have to be ahead of vandy, so probably top 3)

It has continued to progress now to the point that King's family, drove 7 hours, across the state on their own dime, to see the campus. If UT was an hour away ok, I wouldn't take much, but it tells a lot that they drove to Knoxville solely to visit UT.

I agree that UofM is still the leader, but what once seemed like a guaranteed Memphis lock, and UT out of the running, CCM has REALLY gained a lot of ground. If King ends up waiting until later to make a decision, that gives CCM even more time to make up the remaining ground. We have seen what he has done in just a few months, give him a few more months and who knows, he may pull King right out from under Pastner and Memphis.

:yes::yes::yes:

Memphis metro coaches will put the nail in Pastners coffin if CCM pulls a couple of kids out of Memphis. That would mean the levee is broken.

Memphis metro coaches will put the nail in Pastners coffin if CCM pulls a couple of kids out of Memphis. That would mean the levee is broken.

It would mean trouble for Pastner if he fails to land King, no matter where he goes. King is supposed to be the center-piece of oour 2013 class. Priority 1.

Hubbs(not memphis I know), jw3, Nichols, and Crawford would be amazing in itself. Add king to that mix and the memphis faithful will be calling for Pastners head.

I think King is still picturing himself at Memphis. However, I do not think he has 100% confidence in Pastner and the rest of the Memphis staff. He is doing his diligence to make sure he has a back-up plan if Memphis looks poorly coached again and they dont have a good season.

Austin Price(VQ)

Just got off the phone with the talented Memphis forward. He had a good time on his visit this weekend and will return this fall for an official. He will make his decision sometime in early November. More to come in story form later.

Reactions: 4 people
I think King is still picturing himself at Memphis. However, I do not think he has 100% confidence in Pastner and the rest of the Memphis staff. He is doing his diligence to make sure he has a back-up plan if Memphis looks poorly coached again and they dont have a good season.

If?

Austin Price(VQ)

Just got off the phone with the talented Memphis forward. He had a good time on his visit this weekend and will return this fall for an official. He will make his decision sometime in early November. More to come in story form later.

Hubbs, Nichols, JW3, King, and Crawford could all come for the Florida game. UT kicks the crap outta the Gators and CCM signs a top 5 class. Would be one helluva weekend.

Reactions: 2 people
Hubbs, Nichols, JW3, King, and Crawford could all come for the Florida game. UT kicks the crap outta the Gators and CCM signs a top 5 class. Would be one helluva weekend.

Weird I was just thinking the same thing, bring all 5 in for the Florida game.

Paint the rock, let jarnell host em', could be a HUGEEEEE weekend.

Weird I was just thinking the same thing, bring all 5 in for the Florida game.

Paint the rock, let jarnell host em', could be a HUGEEEEE weekend.

Sounds like a plan,get those kids in on a visit and kick the gayfors azz and then they commit. All in 1 night

Cuonzo is doing a good job recruiting and he's doing a lot personally, not putting it on his assistants. It impresses a recruit when the head coach comes calling.

Cuonzo is doing a good job recruiting and he's doing a lot personally, not putting it on his assistants. It impresses a recruit when the head coach comes calling.

THe more I learn about CCM, the more impressed I am with him. He is a man of character and ethics, which makes even that much harder to succeed in college BB today. THere is so much corruption in recruiting, if CCM can pull off getting King , Austin and some of these other top prospects, it would be nothing short of a miracle.

I get excited everytime I think we could hear "King of the Volunteers" again. It's been 35 years since we have heard that.....

VN Store

Back