2014 Alabama Center Isaac Haas

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
7'0/260
Piedmont, Alabama
Hokes Bluff High School

Interesting big man prospect. Really had a nice summer and starting to get looks from BCS schools. Apparently visited Tennessee this past weekend. Offers from Kennesaw State, Chattanooga, Radford, Samford, and UAB. Visiting Virginia Tech this week. Will be getting looks from big schools soon.

ESPN Scouting Report

Strength:
It's hard to miss Haas when he walks in the gym. The big fella brought back memories of Eric Montross as the center has good/strong hands and a body to go with his 7'0 frame. Haas showed the ability to run the floor well for someone his size, and is not the typical plodder/banger. At this point in his career he is a rebounder/post defender who must learn to score on the low block, but he has a good work ethic and should develop his offensive prowess.

Weaknesses:
His lack of ability to consistently score when he catches on the box sticks out as he struggles to know where and how to get low post position. When he catches his first thought is to kick the ball out to the perimeter, once he develops more of a scorer's mentality he will be tough to stop. When offensive rebounds were snagged in he became a passer instead of powering back up to the rim for finishes; I would like to see him power back through the defender and attack to rim.

Bottom Line:
With his size and body type he is someone people definitely have to watch over the next few years. If he develops a dominant low post player's attitude Haas could become a commodity for many who are looking for size and strength to defend the low post area.

Hard to imagine a 7 foot center. Speed of the game lends itself to quicker players at that position. But, at least I can admit I'm no position coach. What's the rest of you couch recruiters say?

Hard to imagine a 7 foot center. Speed of the game lends itself to quicker players at that position. But, at least I can admit I'm no position coach. What's the rest of you couch recruiters say?

I think my sarcasm meter is working just fine... This is not football recruiting...

I wonder if the kid has a recipe for his own salty chocolate balls.

I think my sarcasm meter is working just fine... This is not football recruiting...

Maybe not sarcasm, maybe. Effective 7-footers are pretty rare in college bb, because so few are athletic enough to keep up with the pace of the game. In most cases, I'd rather have a 6-9 kid who can ran and is strong enough to bounce people around than a 7-footer.

Athletic 7 footers are tought to find, and finding an athletic 7 footer that has the ability to play the game of basketball is even harder. I thought he meant football because of the first line. "Hard to imagine a 7 foot center." I could name off a dozen 7 foot centers in one breath! lol

Athletic 7 footers are tought to find, and finding an athletic 7 footer that has the ability to play the game of basketball is even harder. I thought he meant football because of the first line. "Hard to imagine a 7 foot center." I could name off a dozen 7 foot centers in one breath! lol

Pretty sure he WAS talking about football.

Isaac has not visited UT. Coming for an unofficial visit on Nov. 9th. He will be at the basketball game.

Yes. Kansas called them the other day. They are showing serious interest also. Mom would like him to stay closer to home.

more info and some things that were passed along to me in regards to the kid.

Plays for Atlanta Celtics and will measure a true 7 foot (possible even bigger).

Highschool is obvious very pro Bama but I would be equally concerned if Ga Tech offers. The family likes Martin and the East Tennessee area and Knoxville will not be an issue as far as distance goes.

IMO, solid player that will start getting a lot more attention.

Yes, his mom considers UT pretty close. I know the mom and step dad very well. His mom was bridesmaid in our wedding. She is my wife's best friend.

Also, who was the last 7 footer we've had? Wingate was 6'10 - 6'11 I think but the last one I can think of was Steve Hammer. I'd LOVE to have a player like that again.

Yes, his mom considers UT pretty close. I know the mom and step dad very well. His mom was bridesmaid in our wedding. She is my wife's best friend.

Sweet. I got a buddy that knows the family and area pretty well too. He mentioned Georgia Tech being a concern if they offered interest. Is there any truth to the family liking Tech a lot?

Not sure about Ga. Tech. I know that right now, they are listening to quite a few schools. They texted me a few months back asking me where to eat in Knoxville. They were on the way to Virginia for a visit. They ended up eating at Calhoun's and loved it. He was very impressed with our campus (especially Neyland Stadium).

Not sure about Ga. Tech. I know that right now, they are listening to quite a few schools. They texted me a few months back asking me where to eat in Knoxville. They were on the way to Virginia for a visit. They ended up eating at Calhoun's and loved it. He was very impressed with our campus (especially Neyland Stadium).

Tell him to wait tll he visits.

We need a BIG man in the 2014 class, love to have him.

Richmond, Looney or Lindsey, Cofer and Haas.....I'm happy!

The kid definitely has athletic genes. His dad is Joe King. He was a big time o-lineman at Bama but got into a lot of trouble. I met him once he's probably the scariest person I've ever met. Biggest hands I've ever seen.

He is still the biggest baby that I have ever seen. You knew right away that he was gonna be a monster. His mom is like 6'2". She was a volleyball player.

VN Store

Back