Ok I'm convinced someone's gone...

bleedingTNorange

I don't know who, although I have my thoughts, but someone who has or is getting a scholarship will not be IMO. This makes about the 3rd or 4th recruit this staff has recruited, AFTER Armani Moore had signed. Someone must be leaving, I hope we pull this guy...

“@TheRecruitScoop: Tennessee is now expressing interest in 2012 MCI (ME) center Tobe Okafor, who has decommitted from Loyola Marymount.”

Tobe Okafor
Class of 2012 Center
6'11" 225 lbs

ESPN-
Strengths:
Okafor is a physical specimen with a long and athletic build. His frame is cut and powerful but still plenty mobile as he runs the floor, has a quick first and second jump, all while being able to withstand contact inside the paint. He is a college ready shot-blocker and finisher, who will get easy points by outrunning opposing bigs from rim to rim. He has good dexterity around the rim, evolving touch, and a potential go to move when he faces up to sweep to his left side.

Weaknesses:
While uniquely talented physically, he's still fairly raw in terms of his understanding of the game. He doesn't yet understand how to seal his man on the interior and also has a tendency to over-dribble in the post. His skills are slightly farther ahead and while he can sometimes execute a move in the post, he has a much harder time reacting when his initial move is defending. In general, he needs to log more game experiencec in order to develop the instincts and understanding of the game to maximize his physical tools.

Bottom Line:
He's long, strong, and athletic and owns the physical tools to make an instant impact. He was committed to Loyola Marymount upon his arrivial this summer, but if he weren't his upside would have undoubtedly attracted high-major interest.

Notes
Native of Nigeria

Definitely getting looks from some good schools...
“@TheRecruitScoop: Drexel, Hofstra, Iona, Auburn, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Syracuse & others are looking at former Loyola Marymount signee Tobe Okafor, he says.”

Okafor.... Is this guy related to Emeka Okafor? I might be confusing the spelling of the last name. I think Emeka's surname was spelled "Okeafor", but I could be wrong. This kid is HUGE! 6'11"?? Wow.

Okafor.... Is this guy related to Emeka Okafor? I might be confusing the spelling of the last name. I think Emeka's surname was spelled "Okeafor", but I could be wrong. This kid is HUGE! 6'11"?? Wow.

Chukwuemeka Ndubuisi Okafor(emeka Okafor)...last name is the same and both from nigeria. however emeka was born in the US and his family live in the US.

Tobe was born in Nigeria and moved here 2 years ago. So I'm gonna guess no relation, just maybe a common Nigerian last name.

Chukwuemeka Ndubuisi Okafor(emeka Okafor)...last name is the same and both from nigeria. however emeka was born in the US and his family live in the US.

Tobe was born in Nigeria and moved here 2 years ago. So I'm gonna guess no relation, just maybe a common Nigerian last name.

Just another Smith, Jones, or Brown. :) Thanks. Either way, I'm interested to see if this kid could really be worth pursuing.

I definitely don't want him at OSU.

Just another Smith, Jones, or Brown. :) Thanks. Either way, I'm interested to see if this kid could really be worth pursuing.

I definitely don't want him at OSU.

I think he'd be solid.

From what I gather he committed early to LMU, mainly because their assistant was in Africa at camps with him when he was younger so he had that relationship. At the time of his committment he already had some high major offers but everyone quit pursuing him. Now that he's back open he is garnering attention from some top flight schools.

Sounds like a more athletic Yemi. Having big time athletes is a never a bad thing. i believe our coaching staff can coach guys like this up and make them contributors.

Sooooo, who do you think he would be replacing; Hall, Yemi, or Miller?

I wonder if Miller can take a medical red shirt since he had knee surgery?

Edit: nevermind. My brain is in neutral today. Even if he took the red shirt he would still be on scholly, so it wouldn't change the numbers any.

It has to be Hall or Miller. I've been mia for a while from the board. Has Hall been reinstated?

Yes. Hall was reinstated a while back.

A few people have kicked this question around, one idea is that one of the other 2012 guys might not make it to campus. Whether that's qualifying issue Edwards or maybe Reese going to a prep school is unknown. But is seems late in the game for someone on the roster to be stepping aside. If I am not mistaken the overseas trip is in June so thats only 2 months away.

Yes. Hall was reinstated a while back.

A few people have kicked this question around, one idea is that one of the other 2012 guys might not make it to campus. Whether that's qualifying issue Edwards or maybe Reese going to a prep school is unknown. But is seems late in the game for someone on the roster to be stepping aside. If I am not mistaken the overseas trip is in June so thats only 2 months away.
The overseas trip is in August. Practice in July.
Richardson is going over with the AAU in May.

Longshot but if you have to cut somebody I would prefer it be Yemi. Let Hall free another one up for next years class. Id hate to burn Halls replacement this soon.

IMO either miller isn't returning or Reese is going the route of prep school, thats my guess, TIFWIW.

Also, LSU, UAB, Vanderbilt and San Francisco all now showing interest in Okafor as well.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Miller is very unlikely to transfer?

If I knew his academic situation it'd make it an easier call. If he's about to graduate I'd say he's the most likely to be leaving, if he's not on track to graduate until next year, then I don't feel he's likely to leave.

VN Store

Back