'13 SG Detrick Mostella (UT signee 5/7/14)

bleedingTNorange

Tennessee appears to be getting involved. Detrick said he just got off the phone with Coach Martin and said it was a great conversation.

Detrick Mostella
6'3" 165lbs
SG Class of 2013
#56 nationally ranked player
4*

Offers from: bama, auburn, Georgia, Kansas, Kansas st, Miami. Miss, miss st, Nc state, penn state, V tech, wake forest, WV

Rivals Article:
MARRIETTA, Ga.- Class of 2013 four-star prospect Detrick Mostella missed the Saturday session of the EliteHoopsShowcase, but did he ever make up for it with a sensational showing on Sunday.

Mostella is a naturally gifted scorer.
At 6 feet 3, 160 pounds, Mostella, who is from Decatur, Ala., is a natural scorer in a similar fashion as elite 2013 shooting guard Chris Thomas. Mostella has an effortless stroke from long range and has the ability to make the most difficult shots seem easy. With a quick first step and explosiveness off the floor, Mostella scored at will on Sunday and was the top performer in the all star game. He does need to improve his strength and become a more physical and aggressive player when the ball is in his hands, but his scoring ability is at an elite level in the 2013 class.

Alabama, Georgia and Mercer have offered Mostella, and he is getting interest from Auburn, Miami and Michigan. Georgia is currently at the top of his list because they are recruiting him the hardest of all the schools.

Last edited:
Sounds like this guy an flat out score...

Rivals.com caught the action at the EliteHoopsShowcase national event in Marrietta, Ga., over the weekend. Here are a few of the observations from scouting the event.

Detrick Mostella displayed five-star talent on offense.
1. Mostella has five-star offensive talent

There is something special about an effortless scorer, and 2013 prospect*Detrick Mostella*is as effortless a scorer as you will find. An explosive athlete with a natural scorer's instinct, Mostella can get the ball in the bucket pretty much any way possible. He has deep shooting range, creative dribble moves, unorthodox mid-range finishes and above-the-rim finishing ability with either hand in the paint.

The question on Mostella is whether or not he will just be a five-star offensive talent or whether or not he will become a five-star prospect. There were occasions where he decided to defend and was quite impressive. With his type of athleticism, he has the potential to be an outstanding defender if he commits to it. The same could be said for rebounding although I never saw any effort in that area.

It is rare to find a scorer like Mostella. If he builds his body up and sharpens his competitive edge in aspects of the game other than scoring, he could be one of the better guard prospects in the 2013 class.

Sounds like someone Martin could really develop on the defensive end and would become a star. I like it.

Is it just me, or is this the SG we've desperately been looking for?

This guy gets me freakishly excited, I've tried not to show it though. I don't want to get too excited about this guy till I see a list.

Sounds like an absolute stud.

Last edited:
Even his name sounds like an NBA player.

All we need is that one guy who can score, and with the defense we know we'll have.... damn. I don't want to get excited either.

How hard would it be to take this guy from Kansas?

This was as of February, i don't know when Kansas and some of the others joined the party though.

"Pretty much the same schools have been on me lately. It's mainly Georgia, Miami, Alabama, Murray State, and Mercer," Mostella told UGASports in a recent interview. "All of those schools have offered."

This was as of February, i don't know when Kansas and some of the others joined the party though.

"Pretty much the same schools have been on me lately. It's mainly Georgia, Miami, Alabama, Murray State, and Mercer," Mostella told UGASports in a recent interview. "All of those schools have offered."

Thanks for that tidbit. Hopefully we're not too late if we're looking at this kid.

The way Kentucky racked up down the recruiting stretch don't count them out. Rival has Kentucky on his list, but no offer yet. Would love to see him in orange as CCM has to recruit elite guys like this to compete with UK.

This is more like it. I think it's easier to take scorers out of high school and demand they play defense than it is to take defensive guys out of high school and hope they can develop an offensive skill set. I like what Martin has got started with year one but eventually you have to recruit some guys that can put it in the basket.

Reactions: 1 person
What's up with him BTO? Where did he sign last year? Or did he go to prep? Fill us in.

Apparently he hasn't signed with Pitt because be had signed with Okie State and you can only sign 1 time a year. So he's a verbal to Pitt, but apparently Tyndall is trying to flip him?

According to Rob Lewis on the VQ,as he put it, Vol fans need to keep a real serious eye on these developments. So I think Jerry Meyer is right on this one. It appears that he may sign with Tennessee!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back