2014 F Kevon Looney

germanicus

Keep an eye on this guy - 5 star on ESPN, 4 star Rivals and Scout. Like TN before the staff change and knows Jeronne, so he'll have a good line on the new staff.

Basketball Recruiting - Kevon Looney - Player Profiles - ESPN

From a TOS story - The all-state performer and four-star standout did talk a bit about the programs that have offered thus far.

"The offer from Marquette, it was an honor," he said. "I like Marquette. The Big East is a good conference. I watched Tennessee a lot with Bruce Pearl when we was there and they have (Jerrone) Maymon from Madison.

"Wisconsin is good and I went to the Ohio State game. They ended up losing that game but the fans were great and I had a great time."

Keeps mentioning TN - Vols are the first logo position on his Rivals profile - but he is really blowing up this summer. Ranked 11th in Rivals' 2014 class. Had a great NBPA camp last week. This guy compares him to Kevin Durant.

Will be a tough slog, but I wouldn't be surprised to see TN get a visit and if that happens, ya' never know.

Don't get caught up in the logo positioning on his Rivals profile. It means absolutely nothing. Refresh the page and it will be a different team. It's just for show.

Visited UT this past weekend. Looks like we are legit players for him.

CCM doing work. I like it. Looney would be a steal for us. Seems like he's on everyone's radar.

This would be a tough pull from that far away but take Looney and the Martin twins and a pg and let it be

@ny2lasports
2014 SF Kevon Looney of Milwaukee Hamilton (WI) captures MVP honors at 2012 Futures Camp this weekend.

NY2LA Sports Futures Camp recap - College Basketball Recruiting Blog - ESPN ... Anybody with a insider account?

Kevon Looney (Milwaukee, Wis./Milwaukee Hamilton)
2014, SF, 6-8, 190

Looney was exceptional from start to finish as the versatile forward showed a dominant game that included several midrange jumpers, dribble drive attacks in traffic, some solid post footwork and finishing ability. Looney also handled the ball well and created in the half court sets in the open floor. Looney can contribute in a variety of ways with and without the ball and that was evident once again as he shined throughout the weekend. He earned MVP honors, joining a list that includes junior PF Cliff Alexander (Chicago, Ill./Curie) and 2010 camp MVP senior SF Semi Ojeleye (Ottawa, Kan./Ottawa), who’s verbally committed to Duke.

Kevon Looney (Milwaukee, Wis./Milwaukee Hamilton)
2014, SF, 6-8, 190

Looney was exceptional from start to finish as the versatile forward showed a dominant game that included several midrange jumpers, dribble drive attacks in traffic, some solid post footwork and finishing ability. Looney also handled the ball well and created in the half court sets in the open floor. Looney can contribute in a variety of ways with and without the ball and that was evident once again as he shined throughout the weekend. He earned MVP honors, joining a list that includes junior PF Cliff Alexander (Chicago, Ill./Curie) and 2010 camp MVP senior SF Semi Ojeleye (Ottawa, Kan./Ottawa), who’s verbally committed to Duke.

Thanks! Hopefully UT can reel him in.

From the videos I've watched he was handling the ball, but that could have been because of the teammates around him or so have you.

Yeah, ESPN lists him as a PF, and Rivals has him a SF. Really, he is a point forward who has a little Kevin Durant to his game. In a traditional line-up, for him and Hubbs to be together in a backcourt, Hubbs would be playing PG and Looney at SG. Problem being, Hubbs is a SG all the way and at best, Looney is a wing player at SF. However, in a three-guard line-up with Hubbs at SG and Looney at SF, I'll concede that they could technically be in the backcourt together.

Bottom line, the two of them on the floor together at any position will be a nightmare for most opponents.

Yeah, ESPN lists him as a PF, and Rivals has him a SF. Really, he is a point forward who has a little Kevin Durant to his game. In a traditional line-up, for him and Hubbs to be together in a backcourt, Hubbs would be playing PG and Looney at SG. Problem being, Hubbs is a SG all the way and at best, Looney is a wing player at SF. However, in a three-guard line-up with Hubbs at SG and Looney at SF, I'll concede that they could technically be in the backcourt together.

Bottom line, the two of them on the floor together at any position will be a nightmare for most opponents.

Lol, very well said! I was just going off the video and thought he was a SG. Either way would be a sight to see.

VN Store

Back