2013 Recruiting Big Board

bleedingTNorange

this is a little something ive worked on in my free time and put together. i figure it will really help everyone keep track of who we are currently after in the 2013 class, and what guys to really watch for. if anyone has any notes to add to the players, or any other players that should be added just let me know.

CLICK TO ENLARGE:

View attachment tennessee recruiting.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I didn't realize Landry graded out so low. Is this a product of not playing AAU or something else?

I didn't realize Landry graded out so low. Is this a product of not playing AAU or something else?

i think the big thing is not getting much attention through AAU as you had mentioned. i still dont expect him to be a high ranked guy, probably a solid 3* by the time he arrives.

also why you see us going hard after josh newkirk as well, he has the chance to be an elite PG.

How many scholarships do we have to offer for the class of 2013? Thanks.

it will be a minimum of 4: mcbee, miller, maymon and hall.

possibly a 5th: stokes leaving

possibly 6 or 7: i expect atleast 1 of reese, chievous, richardson to transfer. (most likely not richardson)

it will be a minimum of 4: mcbee, miller, maymon and hall.

possibly a 5th: stokes leaving

possibly 6 or 7: i expect atleast 1 of reese, chievous, richardson to transfer. (most likely not richardson)

Based on what's coming out of Spring work outs, it doesn't look like Chievous either. Reese seems like the odd man out. Either he really is a raw talent or Martin just completely whiffed on him.

This article is promising though. Derek Reese - ESPNHS Florida - ESPNHS

Based on what's coming out of Spring work outs, it doesn't look like Chievous either. Reese seems like the odd man out. Either he really is a raw talent or Martin just completely whiffed on him.

This article is promising though. Derek Reese - ESPNHS Florida - ESPNHS

the only thought with reese is maybe he just doesnt "try" against his competition. he puts up around 9ppg and for any d1 level prospect, thats really low in HS. unfortunately, hes supposedly a good 3 point shooter yet shot something like 23% from 3 on the year, so that also worries me.

either he is just really underrated and has the ability to explode and just isnt showing it, or martin just took his committment WAY too early. i would have rather seen him do with reese what he did with moore. monitor and evaluate him throughout the year, continue to show interest, and at the end of the year then offer if you still feel that way. i really think that if we hadnt offered reese already, that we wouldnt offer him right now, unfortunately he has already signed.

good work on putting that together. Are you listing them by total rating between scout,rivals and espn or just strictly by espn rating?

Also, hate to nitpick, but you mispelled quiet

good work on putting that together. Are you listing them by total rating between scout,rivals and espn or just strictly by espn rating?

Also, hate to nitpick, but you mispelled quiet

hahaha i noticed that when i posted it, im trying to fix that. unfortunately every time i repost the old ones still showing up, but its not on my OP when i go to edit it.

BTW: i just re-arranged them kind of by consensus rating by the 3 websites...let me know what you think.

ok ive got it fixed, and hopefully the incorrectly spelled words are also fixed haha.

the links below the big board are to each players personal profile with their height, weight, position, rankings, scouting reports etc etc...

anything anyone may have or want to add just post it and i can update it easily.

hopefully this makes things easier to keep track of recruiting.

Thanks. And thanks for putting all this together. I was just taking a look today at the 2013 recruiting and thought it would be nice to have the list all in one place!

:hi:

I am afraid King will be hard to pull away from Memphis, but who knows. We landed Stokes when so many Memphians believed he was their's to lose. Of course I realize that this had a lot to do with our having an open scholly available mid-season and all, but still a d*%$ good pull by CCM and let's hope he continues to do well in this area. Look at how many of our targets are in Memphis.

What ever happened to the guy named Chris Jones that was supposed to be so good from Memphis or Jackson? I believe he had some academic issues but committed to Pearl and went JC. I thought I saw somewhere that he was part of UTEP's class but his scholarship wasn't going to be honored by their new HC or something. I wonder what happened there? The guy seemed to have some serious skills, but then Pearl leaves and he ends up at UTEP?! Anyway, I guess if he is any good CCM will be taking a look if he is released by UTEP.

I agree I do think king is going to be hard to pull from Memphis, and if I had to guess Memphis would be his landing spot. However there really just Is no telling, and it's a great sign that were still in the mix.

Chris Jones that was part of UTEPs class was a completely different Chris jones. The Chris jones you are referring to is still in juco for 1 more year before he can go d1.

Last edited:
If this could get stickied and you could update the op with any news n notes once a week that would be am awesome time saver!

VN Store

Back