Chris Jones. PG

Man Its going to be crushing if he heads to a rival after he was ours. Forbes is so mad at Tennessee he will make sure to steer Jones away from us imo.

Man Its going to be crushing if he heads to a rival after he was ours. Forbes is so mad at Tennessee he will make sure to steer Jones away from us imo.

Forbes really has no reason to be mad at Tennessee. If anything, he should be mad at Hamilton (who is gone), and Cheek (whom he can't really exact any sort of revenge against).

Forbes genuinely seemed to enjoy his time at Tennessee and embraced the area, fans, and current players. Those are the only ones who suffer from any intentional attempt to sabotage CCM's efforts to recruit Jones or any other athlete that Forbes may influence. Pearl holds no ill will towards CCM and I suspect a level-headed Forbes wouldn't either. At least he shouldn't.

I'd prefer Fabyon and Trae the next 2 years, and 13' bringing in Landry and having him learn from those 2. Then bring in Pinson & his stud teammate PG Jaquel Richmond in the 2014 class.

Reactions: 1 person
Forbes really has no reason to be mad at Tennessee. If anything, he should be mad at Hamilton (who is gone), and Cheek (whom he can't really exact any sort of revenge against).

Forbes genuinely seemed to enjoy his time at Tennessee and embraced the area, fans, and current players. Those are the only ones who suffer from any intentional attempt to sabotage CCM's efforts to recruit Jones or any other athlete that Forbes may influence. Pearl holds no ill will towards CCM and I suspect a level-headed Forbes wouldn't either. At least he shouldn't.

From what I gather of forbes, admittedly only through his tweets, he still really enjoys Tennessee and roots for them openly.

I think Forbes does still love TN. He isn't happy with Pearl and his buyout vs. assistant coaches payout but he seems to love TN still. Go look at his tweets.

That being said I don't think Forbes plans on letting Jones go anywhere. He probably thinks he is going to take him with him to a D1 job around the corner. But I am sure C Jones is thinking BIG when he selects his next chapter. Should be fun to watch. :twocents:

I think Forbes does still love TN. He isn't happy with Pearl and his buyout vs. assistant coaches payout but he seems to love TN still. Go look at his tweets.

That being said I don't think Forbes plans on letting Jones go anywhere. He probably thinks he is going to take him with him to a D1 job around the corner. But I am sure C Jones is thinking BIG when he selects his next chapter. Should be fun to watch. :twocents:

thats also a little story line to keep tabs on.

forbes, shay & savage are all able to go to a d1 school freely now, as well as tony.

will the 3 from the same JUCO all go to the same school??? will they leave this year or next??? will they bring CJ with them???

i find the storys of all the assistans as intriguing if not more intriguing than that of pearls.

I'd prefer Fabyon and Trae the next 2 years, and 13' bringing in Landry and having him learn from those 2. Then bring in Pinson & his stud teammate PG Jaquel Richmond in the 2014 class.
Jones, off the top, is a much better PG than the other two. He outplayed Joe Jackson, in every game those two played against each other. Jones's academic standing, kept him from getting a higher rating than Jackson. Like some have said, I don't think Jones will be coming here, which is a real shame.

Jones, off the top, is a much better PG than the other two. He outplayed Joe Jackson, in every game those two played against each other. Jones's academic standing, kept him from getting a higher rating than Jackson. Like some have said, I don't think Jones will be coming here, which is a real shame.

As I said I'm perfectly fine using golden and Harris over jones in 13.

Then in 14, jones senior season, I'd prefer Landry and Richmond over jones.

Pretty simple. Then again you're the guy who said we can't win with 3* off the bench and need more 4&5 stars like Woolridge, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

As I said I'm perfectly fine using golden and Harris over jones in 13.

Then in 14, jones senior season, I'd prefer Landry and Richmond over jones.

Pretty simple. Then again you're the guy who said we can't win with 3* off the bench and need more 4&5 stars like Woolridge, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You never pass up better talent for lesser talent.
Jones > Golden + Harris + Landry

We will be thinking what could have been when Jones gets to a D1 school.

I don't think we land Jones and Martin's recent recruitment actions pretty much sums that up.

I don't think we land Jones and Martin's recent recruitment actions pretty much sums that up.

Well that seems like an error to me. If Jones is a can't miss then if the kid wants to come here it is hard to say no thanks. Now I obviously I think Jones doesn't want to attend here anymore because he liked Bruce and that is fine. I just hope he doesn't end up at a rival and smash us.

You never pass up better talent for lesser talent.
Jones > Golden + Harris + Landry

We will be thinking what could have been when Jones gets to a D1 school.

Ask Stansbury if he wished he'd have passed up Sydney?

You don't always need to bring in the most talented players if you feel they're not good fits for your team.

Not only that but when he's eligible also is an issue, he'll be the 2013 class. So say we get Harris, you have Harris golden and Landry all on scholarship in 2013. You're trying to sign guys like Nichols, king, hubbs, Johnson, thornwell, ringer etc etc for that class as well.

So do you pass on one of those signees for a 2 year guy, maybe even a 1 year guy in Jones, who plays a position that's already LOADED? I understand he's very talented, but with the way our roster has taken shape, and with the guys CCM is recruiting for 2013, I don't think bringing in Jones is something he's really even considering.

Last edited:
Ask Stansbury if he wished he'd have passed up Sydney?

You don't always need to bring in the most talented players if you feel they're not good fits for your team.

Not only that but when he's eligible also is an issue, he'll be the 2013 class. So say we get Harris, you have Harris golden and Landry all on scholarship in 2013. You're trying to sign guys like Nichols, king, hubbs, Johnson, thornwell, ringer etc etc for that class as well.

So do you pass on one of those signees for a 2 year guy, maybe even a 1 year guy in Jones, who plays a position that's already LOADED? I understand he's very talented, but with the way our roster has taken shape, and with the guys CCM is recruiting for 2013, I don't think bringing in Jones is something he's really even considering.

You bring in Sydney if you have a program that you can control. Ask Calipari. Cousin's had just as much baggage and probably much worse disposition. We can't ask Stansbury anything since he couldn't contol, motivate, or coach his team.

So since you don't take a 2 year guy are you saying we should pass on the JUCO Fabyon Harris?

Just because you have multiple players playing the same position doesn't mean we are LOADED. If they are all average to below average talent then you upgrade and cut the dead weight.

Well that seems like an error to me. If Jones is a can't miss then if the kid wants to come here it is hard to say no thanks. Now I obviously I think Jones doesn't want to attend here anymore because he liked Bruce and that is fine. I just hope he doesn't end up at a rival and smash us.

Maybe it's just me but I don't look at Jones as a high quality kid like Stokes or anything Kentucky gets. He don't make or break a program IMO. We already have a good guard that has been learning the system who's going to be a SR and then we have 2 more guys coming in behind him. Granted, a couple of those guys could slide to the 2 spot, including the man running the show but I highly doubt it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Forbes hates Bruce Pearl and not UT. Wasn't there an SI article some time back about how Pearl just left his assistants out to dry and was living it up by going on 5 or 6 vacations while his assistants struggled to pay bills when everything went down with the NCAAs?

VN Store

Back