Doesn't sound like Maymon will play

1985Vols

against MTSU in NIT. Based on the Knoxville News Sentinel article in todays paper. Cuonzo is quoted as saying " It hasn't been determined if he'll play. If Jeronne is done, he's done" Wow, this is very bad news considering MTSU's best player (Sunbelt Conf. Player of the Year) is 6'9" 230 lb. LaRon Dendy. Hall's absence is huge now...

It's the NIT. No use in playing him at less than 100%. I'd rather him be healthy next season rather than risk further injury

Reactions: 2 people
Jmo but I'd be surprised if Maymon wasn't playing Monday.

Those extra days of rest should have done wonders for his knee!!!

Stokes is toast under the basket without help. Savannah State showed that in spades. We need a Willis Reed performance from Maymon today.

Stokes is toast under the basket without help. Savannah State showed that in spades. We need a Willis Reed performance from Maymon today.

I would prefer if Maymon saved the Willis Reed performance til Monday, when the game is . . . unless you think the Lady Vols need his help . . . or you anticipate the team encountering some particularly challenging green beers tonight.

Reactions: 1 person
I would expect nothing less from CCM. If Maymon can play i doubt we'll hear about it before gameday.

This has probably been said, but w/o Maymon we definitely would have been one-and-done in the big dance.

I read the whole article and it didn't sound that way to me..JMO, but he pretty much said nothing either way...I expect him to play even if he's not %100...

Vols ready with or without Jeronne Maymon » GoVolsXtra

thursday morning on the local radio show, Martin said that he isn't sure if Maymon will play BUT if he was a senior and this was possibly his last game, then he would play him. He doesn't want to play him, the injury become worse and affect him next season.
He also said that Maymon is doing re hab 3 time to 4 times per day.
This indecisiveness is a positive. It keeps MTSU from knowing how to prepare for us. With Maymon or with out Maymon????

VN Store

Back