Question of the day...

1985Vols

Will the Vols be motivated and excited about playing in the NIT, or, will they play uninspired and be thinking about what could have been? THis will determine whether or not they are successful in the NIT. THey can get to NYC/MSG ONLY if they play inspired BB.

Unfortunately, I think older guys play hard and the young guys mail it in. I just don't see us going to the championship. Btw, how many rounds are there in the NIT?

If they are not willing to play, they should not be there.
Happens every year. Talented big name teams in the NIT can't get over not being in the NCAA tourney and do not last long in the NIT. Let's hope that does not include the VOls this year

Unfortunately, I think older guys play hard and the young guys mail it in. I just don't see us going to the championship. Btw, how many rounds are there in the NIT?

3 wins get you to NYC and the Final 4. 5 wins takes home the championship

If they are not willing to play, they should not be there.

Jim-Carrey-rindo.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Mike Griffith (knoxville News-Sentinel) said he got "no real vibe" from the team today. Predicts they will not make it to MSG/Final 4 of NIT.

Reactions: 2 people
Must be some NIT curse....but certainly their record is not impressive over the years, even at home.

So...if you like history, they will struggle and not get past second round at home.

Reactions: 1 person
Mike Griffith (knoxville News-Sentinel) said he got "no real vibe" from the team today. Predicts they will not make it to MSG/Final 4 of NIT.

You pay attention to the self-proclaimed "Steve Spurrier of little girls softball?" Wow.

The Vols will struggle out of the gate, but will seek a win and win this game at home by a solid 10-15 points

I'll post this here too:

Fwiw their rpi is almost identical to AP.

Only rpi top 100 games were against wisconsin, Indiana and Georgetown all 25+ point losses.

This would be a BAD loss for this team, especially how well we have been playing. Come out focused and it SHOULD be an easy night.

I'll post this here too:

Fwiw their rpi is almost identical to AP.

Only rpi top 100 games were against wisconsin, Indiana and Georgetown all 25+ point losses.

This would be a BAD loss for this team, especially how well we have been playing. Come out focused and it SHOULD be an easy night.

By the same logic, are losses to Middle Tn or Marshall whose RPIs are half ours, good losses?

By the same logic, are losses to Middle Tn or Marshall whose RPIs are half ours, good losses?

Not at all what I'm saying. Although I wouldnt consider those as bad losses, like ap was.

My point was, this tean isn't very good, played 3 decent teams and lost them all by 30.

Lost to Arkansas by 17 who we beat by 15 iirc, my point simply was this would be a bad loss, they aren't a good team.

Do you disagree?

Not at all what I'm saying. Although I wouldnt consider those as bad losses, like ap was.

My point was, this tean isn't very good, played 3 decent teams and lost them all by 30.

Lost to Arkansas by 17 who we beat by 15 iirc, my point simply was this would be a bad loss, they aren't a good team.

Do you disagree?
Just messin'.
Would have liked to have seen Kruger or Turgeon make the NIT to see how our 2 dollar coach stacks up against some of our so called missed chances.

Just messin'.
Would have liked to have seen Kruger or Turgeon make the NIT to see how our 2 dollar coach stacks up against some of our so called missed chances.

The fact thru aren't in it should be enough evidence, of course many won't admit that though.

VN Store

Back