Vols back to their December form

1985Vols

in the SEC tourney game.

> Jacking up 3's without getting any looks inside
> McRae looked like a high school player
>Stokes looked like a high school player (he was in high school in Dec.)
> No offensive rythym

I'm Proud of this team and what they accomplished but they really let a golden opportunity slip away tonight (with a little assistance from the Refs)

Reactions: 1 person
Just my own observation and opinion, but it just seems like this team found their swagger at home, and that confidence needed to finish games. They just don't have it away from TBA, at least not yet. All in all it was a good year, but I know it sucks to try and convince yourself that you did the best you could when you know otherwise. But UT has every reason to have heads up and look forward, where on the other hand some programs (Vandy, MSU) are about to wave at you as they pass you on the way down.

Just my own observation and opinion, but it just seems like this team found their swagger at home, and that confidence needed to finish games. They just don't have it away from TBA, at least not yet. All in all it was a good year, but I know it sucks to try and convince yourself that you did the best you could when you know otherwise. But UT has every reason to have heads up and look forward, where on the other hand some programs (Vandy, MSU) are about to wave at you as they pass you on the way down.

Young team.

3-5 on the road this year.

Not terrible.

Next year they'll be better.

God point Hardwood although they did beat FL and LSU on the road. It's the games they shoot over 30 3 pt. shots, like this one, that just drive me nuts.THe VOls only lose Tatum and Woolridge so next season should be even better (although it may be hard to top a 2nd place finish in the SEC).

Yeah should be an interesting year. However it doesn't look good that Arkansas will be a year older and the team that their coach built in Missouri will be joining next year.....oh and your Cats next generation of NBA ready freshmen will be on campus.

I think Golden would do better at the two. He would give guards fits with his upper body strength. With some time logged, I think CCM will find his guys and we'll continue to climb the latter.

We picked the worst time to have a bad shooting night. Last time we were this awful was at Ky and they play better D than Ole Miss.

If we had anyone that could shoot consistently from the outside then we could've shot them out of a zone. Credit Kennedy for a good plan. Still, we were right there even with our woeful shooting.

We need another PG, another big and two wings. McRae should be better next year, Golden will be better and McBee really made strides this year. After a year of off season conditioning, Stokes will be a beast and Maymon will be too. As long as we stay healthy then I like our chances to finish in the top 4 next year. We could be a better team next year, but finish lower in the SEC. Gotta take care of business in the out of conference games.

God point Hardwood although they did beat FL and LSU on the road. It's the games they shoot over 30 3 pt. shots, like this one, that just drive me nuts.THe VOls only lose Tatum and Woolridge so next season should be even better (although it may be hard to top a 2nd place finish in the SEC).

If you look at overall, besides the UF game the only games this team won away from home (neutral or away courts) were Charminade...and then not again until south Carolina and LSU in the last 2 weeks (LSU was an OT game also, wasn't it?)

Yeah should be an interesting year. However it doesn't look good that Arkansas will be a year older and the team that their coach built in Missouri will be joining next year.....oh and your Cats next generation of NBA ready freshmen will be on campus.

Missouri's very senior heavy; they're going to lose/drop quite a bit from where they currently are.

Though also in their favor, they'll be getting back the guy who they all felt was the best player on their team but had to miss the entre season with an injury

:yes:

Very good post.

:whatever:

Give me a break, were far from our december form. You dont revert back overnight. We lost to Austin peay, Oakland and College of Charleston. Were def better than we were back then. It was going to be a tough game. It's how it goes sometimes.

Well I',ll pull for Ole Miss against the CommonWhores. SEC tourney needs to be back in Atlanta or Nashville. Today's Deli: Steak & Cheese w/ peppers and Onions Crinkle cut fries and a cold brew

Well I',ll pull for Ole Miss against the CommonWhores. SEC tourney needs to be back in Atlanta or Nashville. Today's Deli: Steak & Cheese w/ peppers and Onions Crinkle cut fries and a cold brew

It rotates between 3-4 cities (they bid on the rights to host it).

Actually, St Louis will probably be throwing itself in the bidding as a sometimes city soon, as well

Trae, Maymon, and McBee all made very good advances both defensively and offensively. Stokes will advance to big time great next year. We really need a go to three that can make a three pointer consistantly along with a floater now and then. If Kenny had put the team first I think he may have been the difference last. We also need a true five for defense.

Trae, Maymon, and McBee all made very good advances both defensively and offensively. Stokes will advance to big time great next year. We really need a go to three that can make a three pointer consistantly along with a floater now and then. If Kenny had put the team first I think he may have been the difference last. We also need a true five for defense.

I really hope Yemi makes huge strides next year.

You believe in Martin?

You believe in Martin?

I know it's not addressed to me, but I believe in him. A little frustrated with some things yesterday, but if he learns from them, that's part of growing as a coach. He is still a newbie as far as HC.

We need Yemi. He's big and strong, but is just so raw. He could be an Ezeli type if the game slows down a little for him.

I know it's not addressed to me, but I believe in him. A little frustrated with some things yesterday, but if he learns from them, that's part of growing as a coach. He is still a newbie as far as HC.

We need Yemi. He's big and strong, but is just so raw. He could be an Ezeli type if the game slows down a little for him.

There are little things that can be fixed. He did a fine job. I think he's the answer.

I cannot imagine this team not making the NCAA Tourney next year unless something drastic happens.

You believe in Martin?

I posted against him at first, but, like all the ones who did I wasn't aware that he was teaching all the while to let our players see what would happen doing it their way.
Now after watching him get schooled at times and seeing
that he learned and adjusted the next time someone tried the same thing. Watching how the players are improving and following his lead. You can bet your a$$ I believe.:)

VN Store

Back