Official what games to pay attention to thread...

bleedingTNorange

I'm going to try and stay on top of this each day and provide games each day that have an impact on Tennessee in some way.

Please if i miss some let me know and i'll update the OP.

March 9, 2012:

LSU vs Kentucky 1:00pm Impact: Not much of an impact on tennessee in this one, but it's a SEC quarterfinal game so many will be interested in this one.

NC State vs Virginia 2:00pm Impact: NC State is one of those bubble teams trying to get into the tournament. A loss to Virginia would hurt those chances.

Ole Miss vs Tennessee 7:30pm Impact: Need i say more!!!

Cal vs Colorado 8:30pm Impact: We really need for Cal to run the table, and make it look rather easy. If they do this, then there is a great chance the Pac12 may just be a 1 bid league this year, and that would be HUGE for Tennessee's chances.

Oregon State vs Arizona 9:00pm Impact: Arizona is another one of those bubble teams, and everyone of them that losses is good news for tennessee.

Dayton vs Xavier 9:00pm Impact: This should be a great game. If Dayton wants any shot of getting in they have to win this game. On the flip side, a loss for Xavier would most likely knock them out of the tournament field.

Miami vs Florida State 9:00pm Impact: Miami is one of those teams fighting to get in, and a win vs Florida State would probably get them in. Definitely would like to see the Seminoles come out and end any hopes of dancing that Miami may have.

Texas vs Missouri 10:00pm Impact: Texas is in right now, but a blow out loss or maybe even just a loss to Missouri, could very easily put them back outside of the bracket.

as i said, im sure i will miss some games, PLEASE add any games that will have an impact and i will update the OP each day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
I'm going to try and stay on top of this each day and provide games each day that have an impact on Tennessee in some way.

Please if i miss some let me know and i'll update the OP.

March 4, 2012:

Illinois State vs. Creighton 2:05pm Impact: root for creighton. if illinois state wins, creighton still makes the tournament, thus taking an at large bid away.

Old Dominion vs. Drexel 2:00pm Impact: Drexel is a RPI 69, and a loss would hopefully bump us ahead of them.

Arizona @ Arizona State 3:30pm Impact: Arizona is a RPI 74, and a loss should bump us ahead of them.

NC State @ V. Tech 6:00pm Impact: NC State is one of the teams floating on the bubble as an out right now, a loss would help us out.

as i said, im sure i will miss some games, PLEASE add any games that will have an impact and i will update the OP each day.
Good stuff man. Off topic but wanted to tell you how hard it was to get my tickets yesterday and wanted to know how easy it was for you. I went up to several scalpers to try to find tickets and they all didn't have any. It took about an hour to find some and I ended up playing $50 a piece for some tickets in sec 321 row 20. I know I got ripped off but those were the only ones I could find. It was worth it though my girlfriend loved her first game and now wants to go back (but wants lower level next time lol). Btw I'm 2-0 at TBA, I might need to go to more games!

You beat me to it! I was thinking of posting the exact same thing but I was a little slow on my research. Thanks for the info. GO VOLS!

Good stuff man. Off topic but wanted to tell you how hard it was to get my tickets yesterday and wanted to know how easy it was for you. I went up to several scalpers to try to find tickets and they all didn't have any. It took about an hour to find some and I ended up playing $50 a piece for some tickets in sec 321 row 20. I know I got ripped off but those were the only ones I could find. It was worth it though my girlfriend loved her first game and now wants to go back (but wants lower level next time lol). Btw I'm 2-0 at TBA, I might need to go to more games!

Take your A$$ (and your girlfriends) to the SEC tourney! :rock: Maybe we could raise you some money on here to help get you there...LOL :)

i got stuck at work until 4 and wasnt able to make it down there.

where were you looking for scalpers at? and how early?

i got stuck at work until 4 and wasnt able to make it down there.

where were you looking for scalpers at? and how early?

I started looking on that intersection by Stokley (I think that's what the store is called) at 2 when I got there and a couple scalpers had 300 level tickets at about 25-35 a piece and I thought I could get LL for about 50-75 so I decided to walk on down by TBA and only ran into 2 other scalpers and they had LL for $125 a piece and I told them no thanks. We ended up walking around a little bit and then came back to the same scalpers at about 3 and they were all out. So I waited by one of the scalpers for about 15 min until he got a set and paid way too much but it was worth it! (I hope I didn't sound like bosgap I'm on my phone lol.)

Reactions: 1 person
Take your A$$ (and your girlfriends) to the SEC tourney! :rock: Maybe we could raise you some money on here to help get you there...LOL :)

I wish I could man, but I can't get off work Thursday/Friday we are too busy...I hate tax season lol.

i was gonna add it, but i figured its not a conference championship, and VCU isnt considered in so even if they lose no real impact.

their rpi is 59 though, good enough reason to add it.

thanks.

Yeah I knew VCU was a bubble team, didn't know about George Mason.

March 6th St. Joseph's vs. Charlotte

St joes one of Lunardi's next four out

Dayton vs. George Washington

not sure on game times for these yet

Xavier plays winner of Dayton vs. George Washington on March 9th too

Last edited:
March 6th St. Joseph's vs. Charlotte 7:00 pm

St joes one of Lunardi's next four out

im gonna update the OP each day, so if you have games for tomorrow i'll update it later.

and then later tomorrow night i'll update it for games on the 6th, and so on and so forth.

im gonna update the OP each day, so if you have games for tomorrow i'll update it later.

and then later tomorrow night i'll update it for games on the 6th, and so on and so forth.

ok sounds good, I was just looking around at some of the tourneys that are set

Space Jam soundtrack and MVC Championship game=success.

McDermott is the most underrated player in the country.

VN Store

Back