2748 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on NCAA Tournament Odds Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by Sudden Impact I agree. Look at it this way with all the crap (NCAA, Players Departures, New ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Baller By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden Impact View Post
I agree. Look at it this way with all the crap (NCAA, Players Departures, New Coach, New Philosophy of Basketball, Players out of position, less than SEC caliber players some, a high school player mid-season, suspension of Hall, pre season predictions, a loss to Austin Peay) Many felt this was a loss season thought it would be 3-4 years before we were in the position we are right now. With CCM you get production and progress at a constant pace. This team will always be seeking two levels better because of him. They have improved and will continue to do so even when most think they cannot get any better. He is a damn good coach that demands respect without asking for it and teaches excellence. All walk and no talk...
Agree 100% regardless of how the rest of the season plays out, i think we have the right guy captaining the ship. On top of it i am extremely proud and glad to be a fan of this UT team. They have me as excited as i was when we were playing in the elite eight. The amount of heart and toughness shown since January started is incredible. Bunch of tough kids that i can't wait to see be even better next year!

Cam and Renaldo have had many ups and downs, but in the end im proud to call them Vols for life and ill continue to wish them nothing but success in the future
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

As much as Cam went through and the players he played with at UT I thought it was interesting how he could stick it out and contribute. His lack of production of late (offensively) maybe due to the aspects of his career winding down. The wall statement is indidicative and his making this statement tells me that CCM is a force to be reckon with and Cam knows it....

People do not realize how discipline these players have become under CCM. Yes they fight in practice but it is because of the attitude and intensity that CCM brings to the team as a whole. Nobody watches in practice
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Tennesseen,Tennebelieven

A 2 seeded UT with 2 wins in the SEC Tourny should make the dance.

By my rough calculations there is around a 20 to 25% chance UT gets the 2 seed and wins 2 games in the tourny.

70% chance that UT beats Vandy on SR night in a sold out TBA.
90% chance that UK beats UF in Fla.
70% chance that UT beats Ole Miss at a neutral site. (Miss is the 7 seed but they may not make it to this game it that would favor UT more to play a lower seed)
50% chance that UT beats Vandy at a neutral site. (Vandy is the 3 seed but they may not make it to this game and that would favor UT more to play a lower seed)

.7 * .9 * .7 * .5 = .2205 = 22.05%
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

just win tomorrow and then we will start getting alot more media attention as far as being a tourny team.if we are on the bubble i think the stokes factor helps us alot.the ncaa is always looking for story lines and we have a good one.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1228 View Post
just win tomorrow and then we will start getting alot more media attention as far as being a tourny team.if we are on the bubble i think the stokes factor helps us alot.the ncaa is always looking for story lines and we have a good one.
Excellent story line will be the push we need and I agree. Still have to win the games, but this will be the push that gets us in. We are in position now we need to close the deal.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

True, the team has to be focusing on one game at a time, or we will lose to Vandy. Vandy has gotten much better as the year went along, but we have A LOT to play for tomorrow, especially after getting killed by them earlier in the year.

McRae and Stokes are going to be huge factors in the game tomorrow. I highly believe Stokes can outplay their Center. Hopefully Golden and Jenkins negate each other. McRae and Maymon may be the keys to this game. Refs should be good, they know they need a 5th solid SEC team in the NCAA's and the game is in Knoxville.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxvol2010 View Post
True, the team has to be focusing on one game at a time, or we will lose to Vandy. Vandy has gotten much better as the year went along, but we have A LOT to play for tomorrow, especially after getting killed by them earlier in the year.

McRae and Stokes are going to be huge factors in the game tomorrow. I highly believe Stokes can outplay their Center. Hopefully Golden and Jenkins negate each other. McRae and Maymon may be the keys to this game. Refs should be good, they know they need a 5th solid SEC team in the NCAA's and the game is in Knoxville.
I wish you had not stated that but I know what you mean. LOL.

I know one thing if this team makes the dance they will have earned it for sure against tremendous odds.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tennesseen,Tennebelieven

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxvol2010 View Post
I think CCM has them focused on one game at a time maybe even one possession at a time...but as a fan I am gonna look forward.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden Impact View Post
how likely of a chance less than 1%
you didn't say anything about likely. You just said that they couldn't win 4 games without winning the tourney itself. And that's not true.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zansdad View Post
you didn't say anything about likely. You just said that they couldn't win 4 games without winning the tourney itself. And that's not true.
Meant to ask you yesterday, how much bump do your calculations give us if we win tomorrow?
Currently .5557
.005 to.006?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Here is a good piece on how the SEC teams stack up for the ncaa tournament. Realistic IMO
Alabama | MrSEC
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Meant to ask you yesterday, how much bump do your calculations give us if we win tomorrow?
Currently .5557
.005 to.006?
I did the math on staight change to winning percentage a while back. http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ml#post6440174

Bsically what I get is a .0031 change in winning percentage. That's not correcting for any bump the RPI gets for Vandy's winning percentage. Plus I don't even try to guess at what all the other opponents and opponents opponents will do to the RPI. (I honestly think it is minimal at this point anyway). I was off on the LSU game by .0003, not too bad.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zansdad View Post
I did the math on staight change to winning percentage a while back. http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ml#post6440174

Bsically what I get is a .0031 change in winning percentage. That's not correcting for any bump the RPI gets for Vandy's winning percentage. Plus I don't even try to guess at what all the other opponents and opponents opponents will do to the RPI. (I honestly think it is minimal at this point anyway). I was off on the LSU game by .0003, not too bad.
Really need a LOT of help if it's that low.
I figured a .oo5 and we still needed some help before Sunday to get a 10+ jump.
Did a recalc on my 15+. eerrnnt. Without any help you'll be pretty close.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsbackto1998 View Post
Here is a good piece on how the SEC teams stack up for the ncaa tournament. Realistic IMO
Alabama | MrSEC
Ol John Pennington. Wasn't he saying that UT had no shot at an at-large bid just a couple weeks ago? Homepage | MrSEC

yep, thought so.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Really need a LOT of help if it's that low.
I figured a .oo5 and we still needed some help before Sunday to get a 10+ jump.
Did a recalc on my 15+. eerrnnt. Without any help you'll be pretty close.
It is funny this season. I even watched some of the UNC-Asheville game last night. They have at least one more fan than usual for their conf touney final. The thing that is really killing UT is they have played at least 3 maybe 4 teams with sub 300 RPI. 2 of them were the 1st 2 games of the season, and I can't remember if UT scheduled them or if they were part of the warm-up to the Maui Classic. If they were part of the classic, it's not really fair if they are held against UT. Hopefully someone points that out to the committe as they look at UT's woeful OOC SOS and RPI.
Reply With Quote TOP