The Ole Miss Rebel Black Bears Postgame Report

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
1. Jordan McRae played his best game as a Vol. He was the difference. His energy got Tennessee out of its slump and changed the game. Fantastic.

2. Jeronne Maymon continues to just bring the lunch pale. Another solid performance. He won't, but he deserves 1st team All-SEC.

3. We need to get McBee back on track. Ole Miss dropped the zone, and we struggled to drive because they packed it in. McBee can open up the zone and make teams respect our shooting when he's on.

4. Better job in the second half against the zone. I think also we need to push the ball more against teams that zone us. It will get us more easy buckets.

5. Only 11 turnovers. Getting better.

6. Again, dominated the boards and changed the game with a +12 rebounding margin.

7. Good win, on to Saturday, where we need another another road win.

8. We do NOT win this game with out the production from Miller tonight. Great job by him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
1. Jordan McRae played his best game as a Vol. He was the difference. His energy got Tennessee out of its slump and changed the game. Fantastic.

2. Jeronne Maymon continues to just bring the lunch pale. Another solid performance. He won't, but he deserves 1st team All-SEC.

3. We need to get McBee back on track. Ole Miss dropped the zone, and we struggled to drive because they packed it in. McBee can open up the zone and make teams respect our shooting when he's on.

4. Better job in the second half against the zone. I think also we need to push the ball more against teams that zone us. It will get us more easy buckets.

5. Only 11 turnovers. Getting better.

6. Again, dominated the boards and changed the game with a +12 rebounding margin.

7. Good win, on to Saturday, where we need another another road win.

I was ready to trade Mcrae at half season.
Glad we didn't.

8. We do NOT win this game with out the production from Miller tonight. Great job by him.

Seriously! I wonder what the deal with Miller is? He plays great earlier this year against Pitt(maybe?)Then rides the pine the who SEC schedule, then comes out tonight and looks like an all-star. I wonder what is going on that he wasn't getting more minutes.

Glad this game was at home.I think the announcer said were 11/12 from home? Glad we were at TBA, because I don't think we would of been able to rally back. Also a good adjustment by Coach Martin to bring the bench players to energize us back into the game. We came out lethargic and uninterested in the beginning. Overall, good solid win against a mediocre Ole Miss.

Reactions: 1 person
Was watching Lin-sanity up here in NY while listening to the UT game. How was the crowd and what was the attendance?

Post game report ? What was the score then?

I like that Martin has McRae bring it up when Golden is out. He strikes me as a player that just likes having the rock in his hands. He has really started playing much better since Martin benched Washpun and started letting McRae and Tatum bring it up when Golden is out.

Anyone know why we haven't seen Woolridge lately? he seemed to be really hitting his stride during the UK game.

Anyone know why we haven't seen Woolridge lately? he seemed to be really hitting his stride during the UK game.

I was wondering about that also, my guess is Cuonzo just does not think he is any good, or consistent enough to be a factor for us. Plus, were also getting quality mins at the 3/4 position.

Solid night, did not do anything that really stood out. I think he had 8 points and 8 boards.

I thought the play where he went past the basket to his left and then layed it in behind him was fantastic, not many big men can do that and only a handful of smaller ones.

Seriously! I wonder what the deal with Miller is? He plays great earlier this year against Pitt(maybe?)Then rides the pine the who SEC schedule, then comes out tonight and looks like an all-star. I wonder what is going on that he wasn't getting more minutes.

His defense in all honesty just isnt that good, and as ZJC already mentioned in another thread, until tonight he has shown nothing offensively.

Its very simple, he didnt deserve any of maymon, stokes or hall's minutes in the post.

because his defense against the post just isnt that good, and he isnt fast enough to guard the wings in this league.

its really unfortunate, but his game just really doesnt fit his body, kind of an odd situation.

plus, lets be honest woolridge isnt going 5-5 from 3 most nights, that was a fluke.

attendance just barely over 17k tonight, decent showing by students but the RT Rowdies section was about 2/3 full.

gonna need around 20k against vandy to move past wisconsin.

VN Store

Back