'13 PF Alex Foster

bleedingTNorange

Alex Foster
6'8" 205lbs
#26 PF​

listed us recently as one of the schools recruiting him hardest along with Harvard, Notre Dame and Valpraiso.

per espn:

Strengths:
This long and athletic forward has a good basketball body for such a young player. He slithers between defenders for nice finishes or drawing fouls. Foster also displayed the ability to rebound with authority in a crowd. He runs the floor very well and is quick to the ball. Foster has developing good hands and makes plays with his consistent effort.

Weaknesses:
He has a funny release on his shot especially from the free throw line. His form is not bad but he releases his guide hand too soon which at times moves his shot off line. This young lefty is raw and must continue to work to develop his overall skills and at times seems to still finding his way but the talent and potential are very evident.

Bottom Line:
Alex is a lefty post player that is smooth and talented. He is a little raw right now but is developing a face-up basket game. He has range on his shot right now to 15 feet. He is long and athletic and is very good transition. Tremendous amount of upside.

needs some work but from what i've heard he really needs to work on shooting.

He's #26 PF, not overall, right? Scared me for a second. :p

needs some work but from what i've heard he really needs to work on shooting.

He's #26 PF, not overall, right? Scared me for a second. :p

Have you seen him play or you know the kid, is that how you've heard things?

Yea #26 PF Top 150 player iirc and a 4*, definitely a good prospect. Reminds me alot of Jp prince.

Have you seen him play or you know the kid, is that how you've heard things?

Yea #26 PF Top 150 player iirc and a 4*, definitely a good prospect. Reminds me alot of Jp prince.

This kid's definitely not a 4 star and not a top 150 recruit at this point.

From what I've heard, he's Big Ten bound; either Purdue, Illinois or Wisconsin.

This kid's definitely not a 4 star and not a top 150 recruit at this point.

From what I've heard, he's Big Ten bound; either Purdue, Illinois or Wisconsin.

You're right I was thinking 4starbut he's a 3. With that said going by espn grading he's right on the brink of being a 4 fwiw

As I stated at last update he gave he name harvard tn and valp as his top 3. Obviously things could have changed though.

Really reminds me of a JP Prince type of player, if he spends a lot of time on his shot hell become a very good prospect.

Last edited:
He's got Harvard looking at him?

That's the only school got got Jeremy Lin. WE MUST GET HIM.

/end sarcasm

The kid has not developed the way people hoped in a chicago/illinois class with Jabari Parker, Tommy Hamilton Jr and many others he was the #1 ranked kid in that area coming into high school and has since dropped.

He needs to be more consistent with his game and to play at the high major level like UT develop an outside jumper.

The kid has not developed the way people hoped in a chicago/illinois class with Jabari Parker, Tommy Hamilton Jr and many others he was the #1 ranked kid in that area coming into high school and has since dropped.

He needs to be more consistent with his game and to play at the high major level like UT develop an outside jumper.

That sounds like the biggest thing holding him back, his shot. Is that accurate?

I would agree that is a big thing holding him back - but I just do not see this kid playing at the SEC level w/ consistent play he is not going to help us inside against SEC opponents and does not have the skill set and smoothness to play the wing. Unless he has a stellar offseason and works on all those skills and show he can be a wing at the high major level I feel he will be a great player at school like Harvard or the style that Notre Dame plays.

Played against him in a tournament. One of 4 D1 kids on his team in the 2013 class. He's good, but the shooting guard, Alvin Ellis will end up the best of the bunch

Recent gane article:

De La Salle prevented Chicago Catholic League North rival St. Ignatius from clinching the conference outright Wednesday night with a 56-48 victory at De La Salle.

Both teams played short-handed — the Meteors without 6-foot-9 junior Gavin Schilling (foot) and the No. 14 Wolfpack without 6-4 senior Marty McClure (ankle) — but the Meteors were better able to adapt thanks to the play of 6-7 junior Alex Foster.

Foster dominated inside for De La Salle (16-6, 7-3) with 22 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter.

"He's a step-up guy now," Meteors coach Tom White said. "He never comes off the floor. He wants the ball. He hits his free throws. People say he can't do this, he can't do that. I think he's one of the top players in the state. He gave it to (Simeon's) Jabari Parker at the end of that game (Saturday). For the last half of the game he stopped him."

The Wolfpack (20-5, 8-2) struggled to score after taking an 18-15 first-quarter lead and endured a 6-minute, 28-second scoreless stretch in the second quarter. They took a 29-28 lead early in the third thanks to a 6-1 run, but managed just 19 more points in the final 12 minutes of the game.

"For whatever reason, we just didn't come out and execute very well," St. Ignatius coach Rich Kehoe said.

The Meteors lost starting guard Marcus White late in the first quarter due to a concussion, forcing a hobbled Alvin Ellis (ankle) to play the majority of the game in the backcourt. Ellis responded, scoring 15 points off the bench.

Ellis' presence, along with the ball-handling of Demarcus Richardson (six points) in lieu of White, allowed Foster room inside to take over.

"Well, everything was just falling," Foster said. "It was one of those nights, so they kept getting the ball to me."

Player of the game: Alex Foster, De La Salle, 22 points, 8 rebounds

Well I know if I were a college athlete and Harvard was recruiting me really hard, especially with their recent success in basketball, my family would be pushing for that and would probably disown me if I didn't choose them.

That said, I hope he is a Vol

Well I know if I were a college athlete and Harvard was recruiting me really hard, especially with their recent success in basketball, my family would be pushing for that and would probably disown me if I didn't choose them.

That said, I hope he is a Vol

We shouldnt have to worry about him being eligible.

Hadn't seen this anywhere on here yet. It is apparently old because he mentions quite a few schools he's interested in. I can see why Martin likes this kid. He is very well spoken for a high school kid, especially since it looks like this guy just shoved a mic and camera in his face at some basketball game.

Gavin Schilling & Alex Foster - YouTube

“Harvard is crazy. Besides just the basketball, what’s better than an education from Harvard? Right now I have to take my ACT because they don’t give athletic scholarships.”

If you get the score needed will the Crimson get your commitment?

“Most likely yes.”

Alex Foster Focused On 5 Schools, Has Leader

seems Harvard bound

“Harvard is crazy. Besides just the basketball, what’s better than an education from Harvard? Right now I have to take my ACT because they don’t give athletic scholarships.”

If you get the score needed will the Crimson get your commitment?

“Most likely yes.”

Alex Foster Focused On 5 Schools, Has Leader

seems Harvard bound

thanks for the update, cant say that i blame him.

guess we just better hope he doesnt score too good on his ACT.

To be honest, if a kid is smart enough and has the grades for Harvard, I wouldn't mind losing out him. Couldn't fault anybody for going. JMO.

VN Store

Back