Vols till have a shot at

1985Vols

finishing in the top half of the SEC. Even after today's dismal performance, we are still tied for 5th and could be 4th depending on what Miss. St does tonight against AU. If we can take care of business at home vs. Ole Miss and Vandy and get the wins at LSU and USC, 18-13 and 10-6 would be one heck of a season.

Yes, for CCMs first season this has been a success. Stokes is obviously a huge (HUGE) achievement. Vols have impressed everyone this year.

The Vols were picked 11th (12th by some) for SEC this year. Be happy with top half and above .500!

finishing in the top half of the SEC. Even after today's dismal performance, we are still tied for 5th and could be 4th depending on what Miss. St does tonight against AU. If we can take care of business at home vs. Ole Miss and Vandy and get the wins at LSU and USC, 18-13 and 10-6 would be one heck of a season.

I just posted something similar in the NCAA thread. All is no lost, it's one game and to the best of my memory many said going 4-1 2-1/3-1 in sec t would get us in. Bama was a missed opportunity but, I don feel we have no chance.

As you said with the help of some teams we could still get a good seed, although personally I would hope for a 2/3 or a 6 seed. We need either UF or vandy to lose some games.

I just posted something similar in the NCAA thread. All is no lost, it's one game and to the best of my memory many said going 4-1 2-1/3-1 in sec t would get us in. Bama was a missed opportunity but, I don feel we have no chance.

As you said with the help of some teams we could still get a good seed, although personally I would hope for a 2/3 or a 6 seed. We need either UF or vandy to lose some games.

We still have a chance, we just can't lose anymore reg. season games. Win out and take at least 2 games in the SEC TOurney and it will depend on the bubble teams. Today was one of those let down games coming off of FL and Arky wins. COme home and take care of Ole Miss (won't be easy- they are hanging tough at Rupp right now) and then win at LSU/USC and I feel good about beating Vandy at home (we always beat the"DOres at home, right??) GO VOls!!

lose at l s u and most likely s carolina. can't beat vandy playing this way, either.

I'll call it now, we go 4-0, and everyone will start back in with the bubble talk. People act as though 1 game changed everything, it's been said all along 4-1 and 2-1/3-1 gets us in. That's still intact, we just have to win out.

can we stop the talk about going to the ncaa tourney, please. i love this team, but face it, we're not going anywhere but the nit.

lose at l s u and most likely s carolina. can't beat vandy playing this way, either.

The point is there's a chance and people saying there isn't are the same ones saying there wasnt 3 weeks ago but changed there mind after Arkansas.

We have to win out though, 1 more loss and it's a done deal.

can we stop the talk about going to the ncaa tourney, please. i love this team, but face it, we're not going anywhere but the nit.

Still 4 games left so anything is possible. With the SEC toruney, any team can still go to the NCAA. Who would have thunk a horrible GA team would win the tourney in Atlanta a few years ago?? Keep the faith brother.

I'll call it now, we go 4-0, and everyone will start back in with the bubble talk. People act as though 1 game changed everything, it's been said all along 4-1 and 2-1/3-1 gets us in. That's still intact, we just have to win out.

That's still intact, but we need six straight wins now. The margin for error, which was already razor thin, is now gone. And the team I saw today isn't beating LSU or Vandy.

If they rip off 4 in a row like they just did there's no chance?

maybe, i really doubt it. have to win 20 games no matter what. 4 in a row and 2 sec tourney wins and possibly. depends on a lot of factors. 20-15 would not get the selection committee's attention. 15 loss teams do not get at large bids.

Still 4 games left so anything is possible. With the SEC toruney, any team can still go to the NCAA. Who would have thunk a horrible GA team would win the tourney in Atlanta a few years ago?? Keep the faith brother.

i'm trying, but a team called kentucky keeps getting in my thoughts.

maybe, i really doubt it. have to win 20 games no matter what. 4 in a row and 2 sec tourney wins and possibly. depends on a lot of factors. 20-15 would not get the selection committee's attention. 15 loss teams do not get at large bids.

Nobody said 15 losses. We have 13, unsaid we have to win out an win atleast 2 to be on the bubble and I think would get us in.

As said margin of error now is 0, have to win out.

If we dont finish over alabama it will be an embarrassment! Were so much better than they are

(1) The game against Chaminade doesn't count toward a division win.
(2) We need 18 wins to be a bubble team
(3) With wins against UConn, Florida at home and Florida away, then possibly a win against Vandy at home.
we will have enough quality wins to get on the bubble.
(4) We must beat Ole Piss, LSWho, Candy, and whomever is remaining on the schedule. Then we need to win one or two games in the S.E.C. tourney.

Given this team's inconsistency (I know we were getting excited after four straight wins), I don't see us winning out.
Two of our next four games are on the road!
Realistically...maybe three more wins.
We would probably have a decent shot at the NIT.
Even at that, given what all we have been through would not be a bad accomplishment for CCM's first season.

Finally a voice of reason. And the NIT is iffy at this point. How can anyone think with 2 SEC road wins that we can double that number in the last stretch? And the home game to Candy will be a toss up at best. Face it, this team is at best a .500 club.

VN Store

Back