Don't know if true but I'm not happy...(Memphis St series)

Hope this isn't true. We benefit from that series in recruiting and SOS.

We should schedule Christian Brothers University then as a preseason game just to show up in Memphis. If ol' Pastner couldn't cut it while in CUSA, good luck playing Louisville, Cincy, Georgetown, UConn, Nova, etc.

Then that means that dump called the Liberty Bowl will never sell out again. It only sold out whenever UT came to town. Their football program will rot in hell. Not that it already hasn't.

This is for hoops. No mention of football.

I highly doubt UT will want to line their pockets with a football game down there since they are ditching the hoops series. It would be stupid to play them there. We don't recruit great there anyway. Playing them every now and then down there isn't going to change it.

Had a feeling this was coming when I saw the were going big east. It's ok in 2 years when the are bottom feeders in the big east they'll realize the idiotic move they made. I'm sorry but if you can't win c USA with one if the most talented rosters around, you don't deserve to be in the big east. Jmo

I look forward to pastners undoing.

I highly doubt UT will want to line their pockets with a football game down there since they are ditching the hoops series. It would be stupid to play them there. We don't recruit great there anyway. Playing them every now and then down there isn't going to change it.

We need to still get in Memphis there's usually one or two recruits a year I would love to see em in orange.

We need to still get in Memphis there's usually one or two recruits a year I would love to see em in orange.

Nobody in football is gonna go to Memphis anyway, no reason for our football team to go there anymore. That's what he's saying, it was basketball fat it benefited us, our bball team going there, not football.

They seem pretty happy about it

It really wasn't a great matchup for Memphis.

The only upside to playing us was the SOS. ...not much BBall talent in the smokies and they have everything to lose if we actually beat them.

We can get into Memphis without playing there. Ole Miss, Ark, Bama and Miss St have better luck there than UT anyway. We compete with them for recruits, not Tiger High.

It really wasn't a great matchup for Memphis.

The only upside to playing us was the SOS. ...not much BBall talent in the smokies and they have everything to lose if we actually beat them.

True but I'm looking at the football side of things.

The part that cracks me up is this:

Pastner wants to whine about recruiting, ok so he was worried about us, and that was it. Nobody for c usa really poised a threat to come in and take their guys, the only tean on their schedule every year that had a chance to take people was Tennessee.

What the hell does he think I ginna happen now? I'm sorry but when Uconn Louisville and Georgetown come in there every year and put a beating in Memphis you don't think they'll be in there recruiting Memphis kids? Pastner thought holding these kids wa getting tough before, it about to get real tough.

They will get all they can handle and then some in the Big East. They can see they need to schedule cupcake ooc games to get their wins instead of the Mighty Vols. It's sad because it was a good rivalry for the state. GBO

Who gives a sh$$? If a kid grows up in that area and would rather play in the BE instead of the SEC, have at it. It has been, is and will always be Memphis High.

True but I'm looking at the football side of things.

How does the football side benefit us? The only reason we play them in football wa so we could play them in basketball.

We gain nothing by playing them in football. If there's recruits there we want we don't have to go there an okay, they aren't gonna go to Memphis either way. They know who the football school is in the atte, well be competing with ark and teams like that joy Memphis.

We can get into Memphis without playing there. Ole Miss, Ark, Bama and Miss St have better luck there than UT anyway. We compete with them for recruits, not Tiger High.
True I see that, I'm just upset not seeing the Vols whip em in football here in Memphis. Sometimes my only opportunity to see the team.

The part that cracks me up is this:

Pastner wants to whine about recruiting, ok so he was worried about us, and that was it. Nobody for c usa really poised a threat to come in and take their guys, the only tean on their schedule every year that had a chance to take people was Tennessee.

What the hell does he think I ginna happen now? I'm sorry but when Uconn Louisville and Georgetown come in there every year and put a beating in Memphis you don't think they'll be in there recruiting Memphis kids? Pastner thought holding these kids wa getting tough before, it about to get real tough.

It's going to be comical to watch the Big East teams pound sand in Pastner's ass. Watching the Tiger High fans act all giddy because they actually think they have arrived to a real conference is even more hysterical. Hell, the majority of Tiger High fans couldn't even tell you how many teams are in the Big East and who those teams are.

It's going to be comical to watch the Big East teams pound sand in Pastner's ass. Watching the Tiger High fans act all giddy because they actually think they have arrived to a real conference is even more hysterical. Hell, the majority of Tiger High fans couldn't even tell you how many teams are in the Big East and who those teams are.

It's going to be a rude awakening for that program an it's fans. I think they saw the dollar signs and didn't even think about the rest of it. I truly believe in 5 years well look at Memphis and laugh, they will be hovering around 8-10 in big east and struggle to make the dance. I feel confident they will regret this decision.

VN Store

Back