Joe Dean Jr. just listed his Top 5 Freshmen In the SEC

1985Vols

and guess who was NOT on his list??

Mr. Jarnell Stokes. I agree there are some great freshmen in the SEC this season but I have trouble believing Stokes is not one of the top 5. In fact, Dean didn't even mention Stokes name as being close to the top 5 freshmen.

Didn't look at the list but it's probably cause other freshman had played more than half a season.

Didn't look at the list but it's probably cause other freshman had played more than half a season.

Good point but for Dean not to even say something like "an another up and coming freshman to keep your eyes on is big Jarnell Stokes...." Dean is a KY sheep anyway

not enough time to be named to anybody's all freshman team. 1/2 season won't be enough at the end of the year. if he plays like he did against ky the other night won't matter. i like him, but he has a lot to learn. he will though.

Good point but for Dean not to even say something like "an another up and coming freshman to keep your eyes on is big Jarnell Stokes...." Dean is a KY sheep anyway

yeah, he's a turd, just like his old man was.

Stokes isnt a top 5 fresh yet. Simple as that. He has work to do. This season will definitely give a great preview for next year.

Any list he puts out is a joke just like he is as an announcer. One of the most painful experiences I've had listening to a broadcaster was him doing color commentary for UT-Arkansas last season.

Joe Dean Jr is goofy as they come. There's a reason he has been a career Jefferson-Pilot, Lincoln Financial announcer. Take his opinion with a grain of salt.

You know he will hear about it. His phone will ring not because stokes want on list bur because he was not mentioned at all

Stokes isnt a top 5 fresh yet. Simple as that. He has work to do. This season will definitely give a great preview for next year.

IMO if you look at just conference play which Is when he showed up on campus, by the end of the year he will be deserving of top 5 status. JMO

Agree with this to an extent, but these top 5 Freshman are true freshmen not High School Seniors. He is not a top 5 Freshman because he is still supposed to be playing in high school gyms. Good thing is that he is developing skills for college basketball a year earlier than most kids. He will learn, I'm excited because he's good enough on talent alone to compete, just imagine how well he will do next year! His "true" freshman year.:hi:

Mr. Jarnell Stokes. I agree there are some great freshmen in the SEC this season but I have trouble believing Stokes is not one of the top 5. In fact, Dean didn't even mention Stokes name as being close to the top 5 freshmen.

Given each one's body of work, who should Stokes replace on Dean's list?

He is not in the top freshmen right now. Kentucky probaly has 3 or 4. Stokes has not played that much. Next year after he has been in the weight program and in alot better shape at UT he will be a beast next year.

VN Store

Back