Stokes says he plans on winning at Rupp Arena

1985Vols

before he leaves. Below is is quote from his interview . I hope he can help us recruit some shooters and a PG. I love this guy!

"If anything, I want to win at Rupp Arena. I plan on winning, before I leave, at Rupp Arena. I'm saying that on the record right now. It made me more hungry and made me dislike Kentucky more.''

Reactions: 19 people
alright i like it he just brought some fire back to this rivalry, i would love nothing more than to beat those arrogant refs and the team they ref for :)

Reactions: 2 people
Great for Stokes. Now go get some of your friends in Memphis and get them to UT. Hope there is a point guard and two big guys who can shoot.

Bernard King said the same thing...AND BACKED IT THE **** UP!

Stokes is my favorite Vol!

Actually Bernard King said "I will never lose to KY again while at Tenn" and went on to beat them 5 times in a row. BK was AWESOME!!!!

Reactions: 8 people
My respect for any Vol who publicly proclaims his disdain for Florida, Alabama, or Kentucky automatically goes up tenfold.

Reactions: 4 people
before he leaves. Below is is quote from his interview . I hope he can help us recruit some shooters and a PG. I love this guy!

"If anything, I want to win at Rupp Arena. I plan on winning, before I leave, at Rupp Arena. I'm saying that on the record right now. It made me more hungry and made me dislike Kentucky more.''

Good luck

Yes!!! So to dislike Kentucky more would mean you had to have some sort of dislike for them to began with and that is 100% class IMO :)

I just hope he can get our other players motivated enough to back that up. I would love nothing more than to go up there next year and pull out a win. Gotta love Stokes' attitude.

I remember the last guy to say this, Benard King, and he kept his word, never losing again to them.....We were outplayed and outgunned, but the officiating was horrible....:mf_surrender:

I love the Bernard King reference...hope we can catch lightning in a bottle again.

Stokes better LOOSEN that head band. He's dreamin! I would love to be here when we do beat Ky in Rupp.....but do not hold your breath. Stokes- My Man- you better back up and PUNT friend!!!!!!! Gonna be a while.

^^I think we have a UK fan trying to act like he supports the Vols.

VN Store

Back