2013 TN G D.J. Bowles

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'1
Cleveland, TN

Just visited this past weekend. Has a lot of schools courting him such as Marquette, Georgia Tech, Georgia.

From ESPN

Strengths:
This youngster is maturing right before our eyes and has grasped the point guard spot with abandon. Bowles has an outstanding outside stroke and will keep defenses honest as he can pull-up from anywhere and drain it.

Weaknesses:
Bowles must continue to perfect his role as the leader of the offense. He came a long way from a scoring threat to embrace the new position and with his work ethic and desire he will continue to pursue his dream.

Bottom Line:
His ability to shoot allows him to very effective with the ball in transition and his decision making from the lead guard spot has improved immensely in the past couple of seasons.

Rivals: "Strong, aggressive point. He uses his solid frame and quickness to get into the lane for pull-ups and floaters. good decision maker off the high screen. Memphis showing early interest."

Profiles

Basketball Recruiting - D.J. Bowles - Player Profiles - ESPN

D.J. Bowles - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
zjc way to steal my write up on bowles :)

are you starting to get the feeling more and more wash is out at the end of the season? we are showing lots of interest in pg and i just dont see a reason to have so many on scholarship, thought?

I have seen this kid play, and he is a very good shooter. Started out at Notre Dame High School as a freshman and transferred to Cleveland. Am actually planning to try to catch one of his games next year.

Sounds something like Golden. Not sure if we want him as a PG. A SG, definitely, just not a PG.

This youngster is maturing right before our eyes and has grasped the point guard spot with abandon. Bowles has an outstanding outside stroke and will keep defenses honest as he can pull-up from anywhere and drain it.

Weaknesses:
Bowles must continue to perfect his role as the leader of the offense. He came a long way from a scoring threat to embrace the new position and with his work ethic and desire he will continue to pursue his dream.

Bottom Line:
His ability to shoot allows him to very effective with the ball in transition and his decision making from the lead guard spot has improved immensely in the past couple of seasons.

none of the bolded sounds like golden at all, keeping in mind he is a junior.

Reactions: 1 person
zjc way to steal my write up on bowles :)

are you starting to get the feeling more and more wash is out at the end of the season? we are showing lots of interest in pg and i just dont see a reason to have so many on scholarship, thought?

Seems like it.

We have our PG. Landry's the guy for 2013. He might be a wing guy we are looking at. We'll need another 2. Could be a couple options. However, we could take two point guards for a few reasons:

1) We want to move Golden off ball completely for his senior season. That means having two point guards.

2) We don't like any of the JUCO's for 2012, and have decided to allocate a scholly to a PG for 2013.

3) We might not like any of the 2014 PG's, and decide to take two.

4) The staff want two PG's with experience going into 2014-2015 instead of relying on a freshman when Golden leaves.

Seems like it.

We have our PG. Landry's the guy for 2013. He might be a wing guy we are looking at. We'll need another 2. Could be a couple options. However, we could take two point guards for a few reasons:

1) We want to move Golden off ball completely for his senior season. That means having two point guards.

2) We don't like any of the JUCO's for 2012, and have decided to allocate a scholly to a PG for 2013.

3) We might not like any of the 2014 PG's, and decide to take two.

4) The staff want two PG's with experience going into 2014-2015 instead of relying on a freshman when Golden leaves.

who?

1. i dont see us moving golden off of point if he is the point next year. thats asking him to learn a new position for 2 season then move backto another position and let a freshman start instead, i just dont see that.

2. agreed. although i still want fabyon.

3. i doubt they dont like them and seems a bit early to right off your chances too. last i heard UT had the duo from wesleyan christian academy in, pg & sf top 5 at their position, not too long ago and i know they would love to add them for '14, we'll be competing with everyone though.

4. agreed.

I'm far from an expert but I live in that area so ill try to make it out to see this kid play and give a summary of what I see. Don't know when ill be able to make it but ill post here when I do.

Nice. Its about time we have a decent prospect in this part of the state. If he shoots anything like the other Cleveland native we learned to love....I'm good with it!!!!

Nice. Its about time we have a decent prospect in this part of the state. If he shoots anything like the other Cleveland native we learned to love....I'm good with it!!!!

I miss jajaun, I think he'd have been a great fit on a CCM team! In fact, if your wondering the type of guard ccm likes I'd look no further than jajaun, does everything CCM likes.

He played for McMinn County tho... not Cleveland.

What was the kids name from Cleveland, or Bradley, that went to Clemson?

Terrence oglesby good friend of mine. He played out in Jefferson county in dandridge but JCHS doesnt quite get the looks from colleges anymore so he went to Bradley central.

Last edited:
Oglesby can light it up from 3 and had a pretty good all around game as well. Nice kid too

great kid nice as can be i havent talked to him in a bit, but last i knew he was still tearing it up over in norway. i always wanted him in orange, he just was hell bent on not going here, and pearl really made no effort what so ever to change his mind.

Tennessee shouldn't risk using a scholarship on someone who may or may not be able to play, if I was him I would accept Wichita's offering of a scholarship. I assume that surgery (other than a heart monitor) is out of the question.

Whaaaaa?

Who said Tennessee was looking to add him?

VN Store

Back