I Like Cuonzo but the blame for this loss (GA)

1985Vols

has to totally be on him. Stokes didn't play the entire OT until 26 seconds left. Without him, we never even get to OT. For some reason, CCM is determined to play him as little as possible. Don't understand.....

The blame for our loss is Trae Golden, he is nothing but a ball hog and seems to miss most of his shots. Get him out of there.

Reactions: 3 people
Twice Tatum felt the need to pinch the guy's butt and give up a 3pt play. For god sakes man, if you are going to foul don't let the guy score.:banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
Agree. Also, Golden tries but is clueless as a PG. I noticed that as good as Maymon and Stokes were together against UK, they did not get but a couple of minutes together this whole game. That's on Zo.

Yeah I was wondering why Stokes didn't play much of the OT. After they got that offensive rebound I was wondering why he wasn't in there.

I am glad Stokes didn't play much in OT, if he had made a mistake the young man would have been crucified and thrown to the wolves.

The reason we lost was Georgia, they were the team that beat us. They played better in OT, plain and simple.

Please, that team was a pile of garbage. We straight up gave them at least half of their points in regulation off turnovers. That Georgia team did absolutely zero to earn that win.

That's what's so maddening about the loss to me. There's just no excuse for losing that ballgame.

CM didn't have a great night. He continues to play some wrong players at the wrong times, imo. Hall does not make this team better. Maybe a sporadic game, but he almost looks like a jinx. I'd take Yemi all day, and Stokes/Maymon would be the common combo if possible.
I still don't know why they keep calling a high pick to Trae's weak ass left hand in crunch time. I also don't know why Stokes wasn't on the block all night long, instead of Hall.
I kindof feel bad for Trae. He's a 2 guard, but if he's out there, he has to do better.

This game was lost on blown chances. The scheme was good, the halfcourt D was good. We blew a couple of fast breaks and made about 0% from behind the arc. Hit some shots (and free throws), and that's a W.

Please, that team was a pile of garbage. We straight up gave them at least half of their points in regulation off turnovers. That Georgia team did absolutely zero to earn that win.

That's what's so maddening about the loss to me. There's just no excuse for losing that ballgame.

Well, if they are a pile of garbage, what does that say about us?

This game was lost on blown chances. The scheme was good, the halfcourt D was good. We blew a couple of fast breaks and made about 0% from behind the arc. Hit some shots (and free throws), and that's a W.

Other than the last call in regulation, I don't know what you can blame on CCM. Not his fault Kenny Hall stared at the ball down the stretch during a rebound, Skylar McBee was stupid and got beat backcourt, and Cam Tatum decided to play YMCA basketball...okay, he should have taken out Cam, but still.

VN Store

Back