Stokes, Vols Grabbing National Attention

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for sharing. I feel that we'll take some lumps this season, however, next year should be a great team.

I don't know if it will work out for UT to get in the tourney this year, with the losses already racked up it will be an uphill climb. However, with Stokes playing well and keeping this momentum, even if they get in the NIT and make a good showing they will receive more than enough attention from recruits and the media to maybe come in ranked next season.

I don't know if it will work out for UT to get in the tourney this year, with the losses already racked up it will be an uphill climb. However, with Stokes playing well and keeping this momentum, even if they get in the NIT and make a good showing they will receive more than enough attention from recruits and the media to maybe come in ranked next season.

Not sure if serious, or troll...

being serious...as long as we end this year in some sort of tournament and have a good showing there is no reason we shouldnt be ranked heading into next year. i wouldnt say extrememely high, but somewhere in the 20's. you can thank mr. stokes for this.

Nah, I don't troll. If UT wins 9 or 10 games in the SEC and make a good showing in the SEC tourney and the NCAA or NIT (most likely) then it is highly likely they can slide in the 20-25 range next season, assuming Stokes develops as it appears he will.

Nah, I don't troll. If UT wins 9 or 10 games in the SEC and make a good showing in the SEC tourney and the NCAA or NIT (most likely) then it is highly likely they can slide in the 20-25 range next season, assuming Stokes develops as it appears he will.

I gotta say I agree with you. Honestly, that always seemed to be a best case scenario heading into this season.

I agree. we'll bring back 4/5 of our starters + a good class + Jarnell. How is that not ranked?

Our team will undoubtedly be better next year, but I'm not ready to say preseason top 25 just yet. However, as long as nothing bad happens, I'll be surprised if we're not ranked at some point next season.

Reactions: 1 person
Our team will undoubtedly be better next year, but I'm not ready to say preseason top 25 just yet. However, as long as nothing bad happens, I'll be surprised if we're not ranked at some point next season.

this could be very true, our incoming class wont make a big splash it will be more about who we are bringing back which may go somewhat unnotice. still i feel good about our chances next year, hows this look...

PG: golden/stanton
SG: richardson/mcbee
SF: mcrae/edwards
PF: stokes/maymon
C: maymon/hall

a few questions, does anyboy see stanton beating out golden and pushing him to the 2(on that topic there was an article on stanton on gvx247 anybody read). also, do we see either maymon or stokes learn to play the 3 so that we can also have hall starting?

The first half of the season wasn't great, but what I like most about this team is the way they've progressed. Even before Stokes, you could see progression as the season played on. Honestly, with what he had to work with, I thought this would be a horrible season for CCM. I'm happy to be wrong. I like that we have a coach who helps his players to develop. I never felt that under Pearl. I wonder how Scotty would have developed with a coach like Martin? I also wonder how we would look if Tobias had come back? But no use dwelling on the past. I think our future is looking bright.

why wait for next year, lets pick up 10 more wins this season, win a couple at the SEC tourney and go to the dance, I am still holding out hope, starts at UGA tomarrow night!

why wait for next year, lets pick up 10 more wins this season, win a couple at the SEC tourney and go to the dance, I am still holding out hope, starts at UGA tomarrow night!

Why wait for next year? Bc this team is not the greatest. Early season woes have proven that. I really hope for us to be competitive and a chance to win in all our games. I actually like the young talent on the team, but it is just that. CCM can get this running on all cylinders. --- to help your post you def should spell tomorrow correct. im no english major though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If we could just get ten more points out of this team and some rebounding, the vols could be a great team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

this could be very true, our incoming class wont make a big splash it will be more about who we are bringing back which may go somewhat unnotice. still i feel good about our chances next year, hows this look...

PG: golden/stanton
SG: richardson/mcbee
SF: mcrae/edwards
PF: stokes/maymon
C: maymon/hall

a few questions, does anyboy see stanton beating out golden and pushing him to the 2(on that topic there was an article on stanton on gvx247 anybody read). also, do we see either maymon or stokes learn to play the 3 so that we can also have hall starting?

Without having seen Stanton play, I'd say no to your Golden to the two question. I said it on here yesterday - Despite his weaknesses, Golden is this team's point guard, and for good reason. If we have a serviceable backup in Washpun, Landry or Stanton, you may see Golden play the two in certain situations, but I don't see it working against bigger teams like we've seen the last two games. Golden's size, IMO, dictates that he plays the point in most situations, and I don't see any of the other three options next taking the starting job. I get the feeling Cuonzo isn't concerned with finding a starting PG...finding a good backup is the focus. He seems to have confidence in Trae and thinks he'll continue to grow his game.

I think you could use Stokes or Maymon at three in certain situations, but you'd be better served playing them at their natural positions. You'd be sacrificing one of your greatest strengths and would likely see less production at the 3 and 4 as a result. The wing will be the biggest area of concern next year, though. We're losing a lot of experience and talent in Tatum and Woolridge. Both are all around good players, and you're counting on some combination of Richardson, McRae, McBee, Edwards, and Chievous to collectively replace that production. It's a question mark for sure.

Without having seen Stanton play, I'd say no to your Golden to the two question. I said it on here yesterday - Despite his weaknesses, Golden is this team's point guard, and for good reason. If we have a serviceable backup in Washpun, Landry or Stanton, you may see Golden play the two in certain situations, but I don't see it working against bigger teams like we've seen the last two games. Golden's size, IMO, dictates that he plays the point in most situations, and I don't see any of the other three options next taking the starting job. I get the feeling Cuonzo isn't concerned with finding a starting PG...finding a good backup is the focus. He seems to have confidence in Trae and thinks he'll continue to grow his game.

I think you could use Stokes or Maymon at three in certain situations, but you'd be better served playing them at their natural positions. You'd be sacrificing one of your greatest strengths and would likely see less production at the 3 and 4 as a result. The wing will be the biggest area of concern next year, though. We're losing a lot of experience and talent in Tatum and Woolridge. Both are all around good players, and you're counting on some combination of Richardson, McRae, McBee, Edwards, and Chievous to collectively replace that production. It's a question mark for sure.

Great post couldn't agree more. I'm with you ccm likes trae and has made many comments about him being the pg of the future id be shocked if he isn't the starting pg the next 2 years. As Far as stokes and maymon I couldn't agree more maybe in certain situations like now they play the 3 but mostly you'll see them in the post where they excel. I agree also the 3 next year I think could make the difference in the team next year. Golden Richardson, blank, stokes and maymon, those 4 are talented and play hard. Im hoping McRae gets it together and can be that player.

VN Store

Back