Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Hey guys, I'm going to ask for your help (and the mods hopefully make this a sticky).

I think we need a thread like the football thread where we can have recruiting news. It can be hard to find basketball recruiting news, and if you see a tidbit or something, it would be great to post it right here. Why we can post news about the players in their threads, sometimes we don't know if their is a thread or where to put it.

So, if you guys read or hear something, just post it here. I'll do my best to keep up and post news when I read or hear something.

Mods, do you mind if we sticky this thread? :hi:

Oh, also, for any year either, whether it's 2012, 2013, or 2014.

Hey guys, I'm going to ask for your help (and the mods hopefully make this a sticky).

I think we need a thread like the football thread where we can have recruiting news. It can be hard to find basketball recruiting news, and if you see a tidbit or something, it would be great to post it right here. Why we can post news about the players in their threads, sometimes we don't know if their is a thread or where to put it.

So, if you guys read or hear something, just post it here. I'll do my best to keep up and post news when I read or hear something.

Mods, do you mind if we sticky this thread? :hi:

I think hot recruiting news is what that is. nm, I see what you are saying.

Last edited:
Do you want just recruiting information or should we include news articles about their play, videos, links and such?

That would be great. I hope you can keep the extraneous bantering to a minimum that adds nothing to the subject.

Do you want just recruiting information or should we include news articles about their play, videos, links and such?

I think we should should do anything about a prospect since news will be harder to come by.

Calban, you were the exact person I had in mine when I started this thread.

I go to practically every Wheeler game. If you guys would like I can post my (amateur of course) scouting reports of Charles Mitchell in this thread. Ill try to look for articles about him as well.

2012 JUCO commit D'Montre Edwards' stats so far:
13.3 PPG / 6.6 RPG / 45% FG (35% 3PT) / 78% FT

I go to practically every Wheeler game. If you guys would like I can post my (amateur of course) scouting reports of Charles Mitchell in this thread. Ill try to look for articles about him as well.

Would absolutely love it.

2012 JUCO commit D'Montre Edwards' stats so far:
13.3 PPG / 6.6 RPG / 45% FG (35% 3PT) / 78% FT

I haven't seen him play but are those really the numbers you would want to see from a UT recruit? If he plays for a low scoring defensive minded coach, I could understand. Is that the case here?

I haven't seen him play but are those really the numbers you would want to see from a UT recruit? If he plays for a low scoring defensive minded coach, I could understand. Is that the case here?

Honestly don't know. He's leading his team in points and rebounds, but he isn't really dominating. Can't find any game-by-game stats either.

MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM

Center Moses Kingsley moved to the United States from Nigeria to increase his chances of getting a college education and playing in the NBA.

Along the way, he has experienced a variety of new things and quickly made a name for himself.

Kingsley, 6-9, 210 pounds, who moved to New Albany, Miss., about a year ago, reports about 10 scholarship offers from schools that include Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also is drawing interest from Arkansas. He said he has yet to visit Fayetteville, but he is still interested in the Hogs.

Kingsley played basketball for the Arkansas Wings during the spring and summer. Wings Coach Ron Crawford said he believes with increased strength and additional weight, Kingsley has the potential to be a Top 25 prospect nationally in the class of 2013.

“His improvement this past year has been phenomenal,” Crawford said. “He was a shot blocker but has developed a powerful offensive game. His midrange game along with the drop-step makes him a real threat.”

Kingsley said he’s still making adjustments to a sixhour time difference and the weather in the United States. In December, he woke up on Christmas morning to his first snow.

“I walked outside and everything was white,” said Kingsley, whose father is an evangelist. “My jaw dropped. I was looking everywhere and it was white. The buildings, the trees, everything was covered with snow. I had to take a picture.”

Kingsley is a good student and plans to major in technology or engineering. He said he is paying attention to a school’s academic program as well as its coach.

“That will be my plan B if I don’t make it in basketball,” said Kingsley, who plans to major in technology or engineering. “Secondly, it will be the relationship with the coaching staff.”

MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM

Center Moses Kingsley moved to the United States from Nigeria to increase his chances of getting a college education and playing in the NBA.

Along the way, he has experienced a variety of new things and quickly made a name for himself.

Kingsley, 6-9, 210 pounds, who moved to New Albany, Miss., about a year ago, reports about 10 scholarship offers from schools that include Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also is drawing interest from Arkansas. He said he has yet to visit Fayetteville, but he is still interested in the Hogs.

Kingsley played basketball for the Arkansas Wings during the spring and summer. Wings Coach Ron Crawford said he believes with increased strength and additional weight, Kingsley has the potential to be a Top 25 prospect nationally in the class of 2013.

“His improvement this past year has been phenomenal,” Crawford said. “He was a shot blocker but has developed a powerful offensive game. His midrange game along with the drop-step makes him a real threat.”

Kingsley said he’s still making adjustments to a sixhour time difference and the weather in the United States. In December, he woke up on Christmas morning to his first snow.

“I walked outside and everything was white,” said Kingsley, whose father is an evangelist. “My jaw dropped. I was looking everywhere and it was white. The buildings, the trees, everything was covered with snow. I had to take a picture.”

Kingsley is a good student and plans to major in technology or engineering. He said he is paying attention to a school’s academic program as well as its coach.

“That will be my plan B if I don’t make it in basketball,” said Kingsley, who plans to major in technology or engineering. “Secondly, it will be the relationship with the coaching staff.”

I almost read it...

But the line "MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM" kinda confused me...

WE need guards!!! We are worse at Guards than we are a the bigs.

Remember when we played with quick 6'2" guards. We were hard to defend and played agressive D-fense.

These 6-5 to 6-7 guards we have not are not quick, not good on D-fense.

We really Really need guards.

WE need guards!!! We are worse at Guards than we are a the bigs.

Remember when we played with quick 6'2" guards. We were hard to defend and played agressive D-fense.

These 6-5 to 6-7 guards we have not are not quick, not good on D-fense.

We really Really need guards.

Thanks for the news!!!

And if we want to make it like the recruiting forum, then Travon Landry commits!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/148851-pg-travon-landy-commits-2013-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back