3490 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Recruiting news Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Last 3 Wheeler games: vs. Kinston: Loss, Double-Double Kinston scoots past Wheeler | wheeler, kinston, past - Kinston Varsity Sports ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Last 3 Wheeler games:

vs. Kinston: Loss, Double-Double
Kinston scoots past Wheeler | wheeler, kinston, past - Kinston Varsity Sports

vs. Strake Jesuit: Loss (without all starters), Double-Double
High School OT.com - Sulaimon, Gillon lead Strake Jesuit past Wheeler

vs. Shiloh: Loss
Top-Ranked Wheeler Loses, 68-66 - East Cobb, GA Patch
There is a video of the game to watch. He had a bad game and only scored 10.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochPunt3rdDown View Post
I haven't seen him play but are those really the numbers you would want to see from a UT recruit? If he plays for a low scoring defensive minded coach, I could understand. Is that the case here?
Honestly don't know. He's leading his team in points and rebounds, but he isn't really dominating. Can't find any game-by-game stats either.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
What's next?

Post players we're recruiting:

King Mo block
Preps 247 Live

King Mo interview.
No favorite schools yet.
NeMissPreps.com - Everything High School Sports

Staff keeping in touch with Kennedy Meeks

Kennedy Meeks' coach comments on Roy Williams visit - Tar Heel Times

Last edited by calban; 01-03-2012 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Additions
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
What's next?

Kingsley a Good fit

MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM

Center Moses Kingsley moved to the United States from Nigeria to increase his chances of getting a college education and playing in the NBA.

Along the way, he has experienced a variety of new things and quickly made a name for himself.

Kingsley, 6-9, 210 pounds, who moved to New Albany, Miss., about a year ago, reports about 10 scholarship offers from schools that include Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also is drawing interest from Arkansas. He said he has yet to visit Fayetteville, but he is still interested in the Hogs.

Kingsley played basketball for the Arkansas Wings during the spring and summer. Wings Coach Ron Crawford said he believes with increased strength and additional weight, Kingsley has the potential to be a Top 25 prospect nationally in the class of 2013.

“His improvement this past year has been phenomenal,” Crawford said. “He was a shot blocker but has developed a powerful offensive game. His midrange game along with the drop-step makes him a real threat.”

Kingsley said he’s still making adjustments to a sixhour time difference and the weather in the United States. In December, he woke up on Christmas morning to his first snow.

“I walked outside and everything was white,” said Kingsley, whose father is an evangelist. “My jaw dropped. I was looking everywhere and it was white. The buildings, the trees, everything was covered with snow. I had to take a picture.”

Kingsley is a good student and plans to major in technology or engineering. He said he is paying attention to a school’s academic program as well as its coach.

“That will be my plan B if I don’t make it in basketball,” said Kingsley, who plans to major in technology or engineering. “Secondly, it will be the relationship with the coaching staff.”
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM

Center Moses Kingsley moved to the United States from Nigeria to increase his chances of getting a college education and playing in the NBA.

Along the way, he has experienced a variety of new things and quickly made a name for himself.

Kingsley, 6-9, 210 pounds, who moved to New Albany, Miss., about a year ago, reports about 10 scholarship offers from schools that include Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also is drawing interest from Arkansas. He said he has yet to visit Fayetteville, but he is still interested in the Hogs.

Kingsley played basketball for the Arkansas Wings during the spring and summer. Wings Coach Ron Crawford said he believes with increased strength and additional weight, Kingsley has the potential to be a Top 25 prospect nationally in the class of 2013.

“His improvement this past year has been phenomenal,” Crawford said. “He was a shot blocker but has developed a powerful offensive game. His midrange game along with the drop-step makes him a real threat.”

Kingsley said he’s still making adjustments to a sixhour time difference and the weather in the United States. In December, he woke up on Christmas morning to his first snow.

“I walked outside and everything was white,” said Kingsley, whose father is an evangelist. “My jaw dropped. I was looking everywhere and it was white. The buildings, the trees, everything was covered with snow. I had to take a picture.”

Kingsley is a good student and plans to major in technology or engineering. He said he is paying attention to a school’s academic program as well as its coach.

“That will be my plan B if I don’t make it in basketball,” said Kingsley, who plans to major in technology or engineering. “Secondly, it will be the relationship with the coaching staff.”
I almost read it...

But the line "MOSES FOLLOWS DREAM" kinda confused me...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

WE need guards!!! We are worse at Guards than we are a the bigs.

Remember when we played with quick 6'2" guards. We were hard to defend and played agressive D-fense.

These 6-5 to 6-7 guards we have not are not quick, not good on D-fense.

We really Really need guards.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrrcr View Post
WE need guards!!! We are worse at Guards than we are a the bigs.

Remember when we played with quick 6'2" guards. We were hard to defend and played agressive D-fense.

These 6-5 to 6-7 guards we have not are not quick, not good on D-fense.

We really Really need guards.
Thanks for the news!!!

And if we want to make it like the recruiting forum, then Travon Landry commits!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ts-2013-a.html
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Post players we're recruiting:

King Mo block
Preps 247 Live

King Mo interview.
No favorite schools yet.
NeMissPreps.com - Everything High School Sports

Staff keeping in touch with Kennedy Meeks

Kennedy Meeks' coach comments on Roy Williams visit - Tar Heel Times
There's a post player named King Mo Block? Calling BS, sorry.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

Memphis offered Charles Mitchell per Reggie Rankin twitter.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Memphis offered Charles Mitchell per Reggie Rankin twitter.
I'm going to infer that means no Tony Parker for UM. Of course, that isn't great news for UT's efforts either.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
What's next?

GA Recruiting Trip

Word is Martin left after the game with florida on Saturday, jumped on a plane and headed to Georgia for a recruiting trip.
I'm just guessing, but could be:
Super 60
GA 2013 PF Jarquez Smith
Lists TN as a college of choice on Rivals.
Looks really good on ESPN site.
Do your thing zjc.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
We about to break da bank

Strengths:
Smith is a great looking young prospect with surprising skill level. He has shown the ability to play as a face-up 4-man with range out to the 3-point line and is improving his back-to-the-basket skill set. He is a good runner/jumper with length and has the potential to be a dominant rebounder and shot blocker. He has decent lateral quickness and moves his feet well when defending on the perimeter.

Weaknesses:
Smith will benefit from a good strength development program and will should become more explosive and fill out physically as he matures. Although he has made great strides in imposing his will on his teammates and opponents he still needs to be more assertive in demanding the ball. He gravitates to the perimeter a little too often and needs to be more of an inside-out threat.

Bottom Line:
Smith's combination of size, length and skill level are unique for his age; as long as he continues to work and improve his overall game he will be a coveted prospect by the high major programs in the Southeast. Because of his tremendous upside Smith has a real chance at developing into the top player in Georgia's 2013 class.

ESPN

Other schools: Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Florida State

From the summer: "He is a physical specimen who has the perfect lean and long basketball build. Smith is showing skills that we had not seen before. He is a solid ball handler for a post player and a streaky shooter with range to 20 feet. He has a good-looking stroke and is confident in his shot. Smith's skill, size and potential make him a big-time prospect in the 2013 class, but now he must turn into a top-notch player by putting his talent to work and being ultra-productive on the court."

Has visited Ga. Tech. Early favorite.

This kid is going to be a stud.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Soon.

Derek Reese had a huge game with CCM in attendance today. 15 points (10 in 4th quarter) and 18 rebounds en route to a win.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
We about to break da bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCVol View Post
Derek Reese had a huge game with CCM in attendance today. 15 points (10 in 4th quarter) and 18 rebounds en route to a win.
He's the only recruit I haven't liked inking, but I'm not a college basketball coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
He's the only recruit I haven't liked inking, but I'm not a college basketball coach.
Any reason?
Reply With Quote TOP