'14 TN F Leron Black

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'7/190
Memphis, TN (White Station)

Plays where Dane Bradshaw and J.P. Prince did in High School.

Haven't seen where UT has offered him yet, but has been offered by Memphis, Georgia, and Mississippi.

ESPN Scouting Report:

Strengths:
Black is a long thin athletic power forward. He is very aggressive and excels in transition by running the floor for easy buckets. Black is a consistent finisher above the rim on the break, with clears paths and from drop off passes. Black can also get to the rim off the bounce from short distances especially against other power forwards. He rebounds on both ends and blocks shots in and out of his area. Black has comfortable range to about 15 feet and can knock down the free throw area jumper with regularity. Black has excellent work ethic as well.

Weaknesses:
Black must add weight and strength and work on his back to the basket footwork in addition to his ball handling against intense pressure when he is on the perimeter. His future will be on the wing thus his ball-handling and shooting will need to become a priority. He will rely more on these gifts once they become second nature to his game.

Bottom Line:
A child in a grown man's body is what catches your eye immediately upon gazing at Black. He has great hands and can finish on the block, rebounds well in traffic and likes contact. He can run the floor and will eventually become a three as he works on his skill level. Powerful young man who is creative around the glass with a feathery touch, he has a comfort level inside and generally finds himself drifting to the post.

Basketball Recruiting - Leron Black - Player Profiles - ESPN

Leron Black - Yahoo! Sports

Could be the top player in Tennessee for 2014.

I'm really not in the loop. You guys for real?

No. I mean it wouldn't surprise me, but it's more of an inside dig at a certain Memphis poster who believes every Memphis-area kid would crawl to campus on their hands and knees for the chance to suit up for the Tigers.

No. I mean it wouldn't surprise me, but it's more of an inside dig at a certain Memphis poster who believes every Memphis-area kid would crawl to campus on their hands and knees for the chance to suit up for the Tigers.

Priority one, so to speak.

I'm really not in the loop. You guys for real?

He's one of the top prospect's in the country. Has serious interest from Kentucky and just about every other program in the country. Obviously being a Memphis kid he's a huge priority for them, but I'd have to think he'll monitor the tigers season and the big east shakeup closely.

Another underachieving year from Pastner and Memphis joining C-USA 2.0 might have him looking elsewhere.

He's one of the top prospect's in the country. Has serious interest from Kentucky and just about every other program in the country. Obviously being a Memphis kid he's a huge priority for them, but I'd have to think he'll monitor the tigers season and the big east shakeup closely.

Another underachieving year from Pastner and Memphis joining C-USA 2.0 might have him looking elsewhere.

THis guy is obviously clued in^^^^^^.

Just ask Austin Nichols.

You two need to press the ignore button on each other and spare us all the bickering

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back