13 F/C MS Moses Kingsley

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'9/215
New Albany, MS

Big guy with a lot of potential.

Strengths:
This young man is a competitive sort inside the lane. You have to respect his motor and the tenacity with which he approaches the game. He's got sneaky length and seems to unwind as he goes to the rim. He's a very good prospect right now with the tools to improve. He's a dedicated rebounder and instinctive shot blocker.

Weaknesses:
Maybe the most important aspect of his development will come in the area of feel for the game. He strikes us a player who needs reps in game situations to tweak his learning curve.

Bottom Line:
A spirited player, Kingsley is a must-see for the high-level schools because of his size and physicality.

Would be a nice, nice get.

From what I'm reading, Martin was the first to offer, but Anderson is hard after him.

Moses Kingsley

New Albany, Center, 6-9, Junior

New Albany's long and athletic big man wasted little time making an impact after moving to Mississippi from Nigeria last fall ... His presence in the paint was a key reason the Bulldogs reached the Class 4A semifinals ...

Had eight blocks in 4A semis vs. St. Stanislaus ... Averaged 7.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.2 blocks, but showed why many coaches consider him state's top junior prospect with triple double (17 points, 14 rebounds and 11 blocks) vs. Tishomingo County ...

Drawing interest from Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Marquette, Kansas, North Carolina State, Memphis and Nebraska ... "He's a big- time talent and a real student of the game," says New Albany coach Brad Gray. "Last year he was still trying to get a feel for the game. He's the only player I've ever coached who can change the game on defense like him."

IN HIS WORDS

Nickname: Big Mo and King Mo

Best player faced: Johnny Zuppardo (St. Stanislaus)

Northstar:
Moses Kingsley, a 6'9 center out of New Albany (MS), said that Tennessee is the only scholarship offer he knows of right now, but said there could be others.

He is also hearing from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Memphis, Tulane, Arkansas, Louisville, Florida, and one other school.

Kingsley said that there are five schools in particular coming after him the hardest, mentioning Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Memphis, Tennessee, and Arkansas. He said he has no favorites at this point.

Originally from Nigeria, Kingsley said that he came over to the United States back in August of 2010.

From what I'm reading, Martin was the first to offer, but Anderson is hard after him.

Moses Kingsley

New Albany, Center, 6-9, Junior

New Albany's long and athletic big man wasted little time making an impact after moving to Mississippi from Nigeria last fall ... His presence in the paint was a key reason the Bulldogs reached the Class 4A semifinals ...

Had eight blocks in 4A semis vs. St. Stanislaus ... Averaged 7.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.2 blocks, but showed why many coaches consider him state's top junior prospect with triple double (17 points, 14 rebounds and 11 blocks) vs. Tishomingo County ...

Drawing interest from Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Marquette, Kansas, North Carolina State, Memphis and Nebraska ... "He's a big- time talent and a real student of the game," says New Albany coach Brad Gray. "Last year he was still trying to get a feel for the game. He's the only player I've ever coached who can change the game on defense like him."

IN HIS WORDS

Nickname: Big Mo and King Mo

Best player faced: Johnny Zuppardo (St. Stanislaus)

Northstar:
Moses Kingsley, a 6'9 center out of New Albany (MS), said that Tennessee is the only scholarship offer he knows of right now, but said there could be others.

He is also hearing from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Memphis, Tulane, Arkansas, Louisville, Florida, and one other school.

Kingsley said that there are five schools in particular coming after him the hardest, mentioning Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Memphis, Tennessee, and Arkansas. He said he has no favorites at this point.

Originally from Nigeria, Kingsley said that he came over to the United States back in August of 2010.

Hopefully he remembers that.

Yemi's from Nigeria. Could really help out.

Tennessee needs a dominant shot blocker. Kingsley seems like he can do that. It not only would help clean up the paint, but also let Martin be able to play tighter man defense that he wants.

Also, just to shout out "KING MO!!!!" after blocks would be epic.

This guy's the real deal. Swatted my PG's shot into the bleachers. Had 4 blocks that game, but that's just bc everyone including myself learned not to go near that guy. He had a off game offensively though.

Visited Louisville recently had a great trip, apparently likes the way that they have progressed Dieng. Doesn't look good for us we aren't listed with any of the school that he lists as his favorites or that he wants to take a trip to.

anyone watching the UL game:

this is why we want Kingsley, he is much like Dieng of Louisville. he will swat everything that anyone in the lane shoots, it makes your D so much better to have a shot blocker waiting back there.

anyone watching the UL game:

this is why we want Kingsley, he is much like Dieng of Louisville. he will swat everything that anyone in the lane shoots, it makes your D so much better to have a shot blocker waiting back there.

he averaged 7 blocks a game this year.

he averaged 7 blocks a game this year.

exactly.

your guards can play such tight defense, which will make your 3pt defense great, because you have a shot blocker back there if they drive.

i would love to have kingsley. watching dieng just really reminded me of moses.

6pts 8reb 6blocks tonight

exactly.

your guards can play such tight defense, which will make your 3pt defense great, because you have a shot blocker back there if they drive.

i would love to have kingsley. watching dieng just really reminded me of moses.

6pts 8reb 6blocks tonight
I don't think Louisville ever offered him. (last I checked)
They're going hard after Beejay

I know UT offered Moses.

Calban, how we looking with him?

Looks likes tennessees chances have really dwindled....

Gray said Kingsley's list includes Louisville, Arkansas, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oklahoma State. Three schools - Louisville, Arkansas and Florida - standout on the list.

"I think he likes Louisville, and kind of likes Florida and Arkansas," said Gray. "The AAU team he plays on, his teammate and friend Bobby Portis is committed to Arkansas. Those three standout if I had to pick three. Florida has had some great big men the past few years. He wants to play for someone that will push him to make him better and he feels Coach Donovan could do that."

Florida lock all the way then. Wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson get this kid after seeing what happend to their front court this year.

Florida lock all the way then. Wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson get this kid after seeing what happend to their front court this year.

I'd say Louisville, there was a lot more to the article but didn't wanna post the rest. It was basically talking about his liking of Louisville, and relationship with louisvilles current center Dieng.

I'd say Louisville bound personally.

4/28/12
Louisville, Florida and Alabama are firmly entrenched programs in Kingsley's recruitment. Kingsley also lists Tennessee, Kansas, Memphis and "all the other SEC schools." Kingsley said he's planning to check out the Gators and Crimson Tide.

"I haven't taken a visit to Florida but I'm hoping to so soon," said Kingsley. "Alabama and all the other SEC schools I'm trying to unofficially visit and then maybe make my decision. I'm planning to visit Alabama soon and maybe try to visit Louisville again."

When asked if he had any favorites, Kingsley replied," Florida, Louisville, I'm interested in Kansas, Tennessee and Memphis, then Alabama and the rest of them."

VN Store

Back