How is signing Stokes...

Daloth

Not at least an article on ESPN? If Florida/UK/Memphis got him, tell me there would not be an article.

This isn't a "ESPN hates TN" thread, this is just a curious question of how is this not at least a medium sized story in the rest of the basketball world?

They had a small write up on ESPN BB recruiting yesterday, with his picture on the front page and the caption Rocky Top for Stokes. The comments were hilarious as you can imagine

In time my orange-clad friend. Give it a season for some respect to come back.

As much as Bruce helped the program, he hurt it by his actions and lies. I love the guy, but there has to be some level of fallout expected.

Football will get back there too. Time and wins are all we need.

That's what I mean though is, on the front page of the NCAA BB section on ESPN, they have articles about drug possession, why Drummond chose UCONN, and fights that happened over Air Jordan's.

I just think, regardless of school, a 5 star player joining a school as an EE in basketball is a big deal. Eh, maybe I just have tinted glasses, but I'd bet my house if KY or Florida got him it would've been on the ESPN main page.

In time my orange-clad friend. Give it a season for some respect to come back.

As much as Bruce helped the program, he hurt it by his actions and lies. I love the guy, but there has to be some level of fallout expected.

Football will get back there too. Time and wins are all we need.

Hark! What is this? A rational and positive comment about UT athletics by PC Jr? I guess is really is almost Christmas. :yes:

Not at least an article on ESPN? If Florida/UK/Memphis got him, tell me there would not be an article.

This isn't a "ESPN hates TN" thread, this is just a curious question of how is this not at least a medium sized story in the rest of the basketball world?

The only article/headline I want to see is the one confirming he's made it through the clearinghouse and his papers are signed, sealed and delivered. Call me a killjoy, but the clearinghouse has been a real thorn in our sides for a long time, and they're not known for being quick with decisions like this when it comes to UT.

but I'd bet my house if KY or Florida got him it would've been on the ESPN main page.

And your right...for all the wrong reasons.

A recruit this good would have attracted more attention at those schools b/c it would have added to the already great class they have.

This "ESPN hates Tennessee" stuff is getting out of hand... ESPN and other media outlets are not always going to agree with your opinion, get over it people. It doesn't mean that they have a political agenda if they pick our opponent to win.

The only article/headline I want to see is the one confirming he's made it through the clearinghouse and his papers are signed, sealed and delivered. Call me a killjoy, but the clearinghouse has been a real thorn in our sides for a long time, and they're not known for being quick with decisions like this when it comes to UT.

The Clearinghouse has a precedented procedure for this situation. Shouldn't be a problem as long as there are no other hidden obstacles.

What was the precedent? Were there any delay issues?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't know exactly what the procedure is, but I'm sure they check the HS transcripts and standardized test scores. Though it doesn't happen often, players coming out of HS have enrolled in college halfway through the season on a few occasions, and as long as everything is in line, there should be no reason he can't play on the 12th.

This "ESPN hates Tennessee" stuff is getting out of hand... ESPN and other media outlets are not always going to agree with your opinion, get over it people. It doesn't mean that they have a political agenda if they pick our opponent to win.

I agree. ESPN might have biases...I have my own views...But it gets annoying when everybody is paranoid 24/7.

Hear Stokes interview on Sports Animal this morning. He is very impressive. He said once Pearl got fired he thought there was no way he was coming to UT until the first conversation he had with Cuonzo. Stokes talked about how Cuonzo's faith and the fact that he is a religious person had alot to do with his decision because he said they were similar type people. Stokes sounds alot like TObias Harris in his beliefs as well as his work ethic. His impact on our program can be huge in alot of ways. He also said after his committment last night, he immediately received a call from Charles Mitchell. All good stuff!

I don't know exactly what the procedure is, but I'm sure they check the HS transcripts and standardized test scores. Though it doesn't happen often, players coming out of HS have enrolled in college halfway through the season on a few occasions, and as long as everything is in line, there should be no reason he can't play on the 12th.

I thought you meant another BB players got thru this exact situation with ease.

I know the procedure very well and I worry about a delay. Stokes could get all of his stuff in and the last thing the NCAA would need to do is certify the amateurism part. That's the part that worries me not that he has done anything wrong just that I can see the NCAA dragging their feet on purpose.

Let's hope JS has done everything he should do at this point. That includes his high schools. If they hold ill feelings toward him they might delay in sending final transcripts. I have seen that happen with transfer students before.

I thought you meant another BB players got thru this exact situation with ease.

I know the procedure very well and I worry about a delay. Stokes could get all of his stuff in and the last thing the NCAA would need to do is certify the amateurism part. That's the part that worries me not that he has done anything wrong just that I can see the NCAA dragging their feet on purpose.

Let's hope JS has done everything he should do at this point. That includes his high schools. If they hold ill feelings toward him they might delay in sending final transcripts. I have seen that happen with transfer students before.

Right, I get what you're saying. IMO, there should be no kind of delay given what we know right now.

Right, I get what you're saying. IMO, there should be no kind of delay given what we know right now.

I agree. His grades are no issue at all. The NCAA may want to stop this from this becoming common place and they only have two ways to effect that. Put road blocks up with unexplained delays or change the rules. I wouldn't be surprised to see rules changed in the near future but that won't matter here.

VN Store

Back