A month in the life...

royboyvol

of Cuonzo Martin:

Four weeks ago: "Wow, Coach, looking good against these top twenty teams in Maui."

Three weeks ago: "Oakland again? Really? Guess that trip to Hawaii took it out of you guys."

Two weeks ago: "Austin Peay? Okay, I'm not sure this is going to work out, Coach. How would you feel about being Bruce's assistant in three years?"

One week ago: "We can't even beat the College of Charleston. Hate to say it, but we may have made a mistake. This isn't the Missouri Valley Conference, after all."

Today: "Bruce who? Heck yes, Coach. Keep poaching those 5 star Memphis guys, and you'll be a local legend."

Next week: With the bipolar nature of a lot of UT fans, who knows?

Reactions: 1 person
Try being a Mizzou fan as well. Football & BB same way. I would say it's the same way all over on all teams. Nothing to sweat over.

Try being a Mizzou fan as well. Football & BB same way. I would say it's the same way all over on all teams. Nothing to sweat over.

I know. Just annoying sometimes. I hate it when UT loses in anything, but it's like a roller coaster on here sometimes.

Stokes is a big body power forward. He has figured out how to be comfortable in his own body and is in terrific condition. His legs are like cinder blokcs and he's extremely strong with a college ready body now. He scores around the basket through contact on a regular basis. Stokes loves to use the spin move along the baseline and to create space in the post. He attacks the rim and scores easily when he has an angle. Stokes can rebound in a crowd on both ends and he also does a good job of using his strength to control low post position whether posting up or moving an opponent out of the lane.

Weaknesses:
Stokes is still not the ideal height and at times struggles against long and athletic opponents in the lane. He could be a better offensive rebounder. He must also work on his skills in order to be productive on the perimeter to cause match up problems and work on his back to the basket moves.

Bottom Line:
Stokes is a strong and physical power forward that is very productive in the post especially along the baseline where he scores through contact. He is a tough rebounder on both ends and is a good low post defender. As his skills improve so will his production.

I was just saying this to a few of my friends... Our fanbase is pretty wishy washy and its very annoying

I admit that I've been pretty wishy-washy toward Martin because it's so frustrating losing games that the Vols should have won, like AP and CoC, maybe Oakland..But, picking up Stokes really helps me feel not so wishy-washy.:rock:

I admit that I've been pretty wishy-washy toward Martin because it's so frustrating losing games that the Vols should have won, like AP and CoC, maybe Oakland..But, picking up Stokes really helps me feel not so wishy-washy.:rock:

Yeah it really should help a lot. I just dont want all the pressure put on him right when he comes in... And thats what I'm afraid is gonna happen

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back