Other Recruits we are in on to fill out this class...

athmad

Can some of you guys who follow BB recruiting closely give me an idea of some of the players to watch for that we are in on at this point. Also curious as to how many we can sign in this class. If there is another thread let me know. I'll hang up and listen.:popcorn:

Charles Mitchell is a top 100 PF and as far a I know, we're still in the race for him.

Charles Mitchell is a top 100 PF and as far a I know, we're still in the race for him.

If we were to land him, I believe he could become dominant in a couple years after seeing his improvement throughout high school

You think Stokes coming will affect him? I would think that with Stokes being 1ish and done and Maymon graduating he would still see lots of opportunity here.

Mitchell, and I think we are looking for a guard.

Stokes puts us at 13 for next year, counting the two early signees. Pretty sure that's the limit.

We'll see what happens, though.

You think Stokes coming will affect him? I would think that with Stokes being 1ish and done and Maymon graduating he would still see lots of opportunity here.

Maymon still has one year left I think....

Stokes puts us at 13 for next year, counting the two early signees. Pretty sure that's the limit.

We'll see what happens, though.

Full with Tatum leaving? Or does that leave one more spot?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Full with Tatum leaving? Or does that leave one more spot?

I believe next year we'll have

Freshman
Derek Reese
Quinton Chievous (if he is redshirting)

Sophomores
Jarnell Stokes
Wes Washpun
Yemi Makanjuola
Josh Richardson

Juniors
D'Montre Edwards
Trae Golden
Jordan McRae

Seniors
Skylar McBee
Kenny Hall
Dwight Miller
Jeronne Maymon

I believe next year we'll have

Freshman
Derek Reese
Quinton Chievous (if he is redshirting)

Sophomores
Jarnell Stokes
Wes Washpun
Yemi Makanjuola
Josh Richardson

Juniors
D'Montre Edwards
Trae Golden
Jordan McRae

Seniors
Skylar McBee
Kenny Hall
Dwight Miller
Jeronne Maymon

So if we have one slot left do you get the best available player or sign a kid that plays a position of need?

Doesn't seem like another PF is a need at all but might be the best player we have a shot to get.

So if we have one slot left do you get the best available player or sign a kid that plays a position of need?

Doesn't seem like another PF is a need at all but might be the best player we have a shot to get.

Unless I keep mis-counting there are 13 names on that list. And that's a full roster. To get another recruit in the 2012 class someone would have to leave, not qualify or voluntarily give up their scholly.

If Mitchell wants to commit, Chievous will likely be advised to pursue other options.

Skylar could also return to preferred walk-on status.

If Mitchell wants to commit, Chievous will likely be advised to pursue other options.

Skylar could also return to preferred walk-on status.

I think Martin is pretty high on Chievous. I was thinking along the lines of Skylar as well. Since he is an in-state kid he could probably get enough grants or the Hope scholarship. It would have to be for someone program changing though. I don't think Martin would go that route to just get another average big man.

I think Martin is pretty high on Chievous. I was thinking along the lines of Skylar as well. Since he is an in-state kid he could probably get enough grants or the Hope scholarship. It would have to be for someone program changing though. I don't think Martin would go that route to just get another average big man.

If somebody has to take one for the team scholly wise let the guy that's going to make the most money pay his way next year. Let Stokes pay instead of Mcbee.

I am sure that won't happen but it does sound fair to me.

Don't forget Travon Landry in 2013

It will be Interesting to see what Martin does with the 2013 class. We lose Woolridge this year and Hall, Miller, and Maymon next year. Plus probably lose Stokes to NBA. Leaving Yemi as the only scholarship play over 6'7. (unless they shoehorn another big into this class somehow)

It will be Interesting to see what Martin does with the 2013 class. We lose Woolridge this year and Hall, Miller, and Maymon next year. Plus probably lose Stokes to NBA. Leaving Yemi as the only scholarship play over 6'7. (unless they shoehorn another big into this class somehow)

We are the leader for PF/C Charles Mitchell.

Also, Tatum leaves this year along with Woolridge.

We are the leader for PF/C Charles Mitchell.

Also, Tatum leaves this year along with Woolridge.

Yeah but to get Mitchell we have to carve out a spot for him somehow. I didn't mention Cam because the team is going to be full in the back court but a one-man show in the front court come 2012( unless they do make space for Mitchell or another big).

Don't forget Chris Jones. Highly doubt he'll end up here, but he's at Northwest Florida CC with Forbes.

Yeah but to get Mitchell we have to carve out a spot for him somehow. I didn't mention Cam because the team is going to be full in the back court but a one-man show in the front court come 2012( unless they do make space for Mitchell or another big).

The numbers will work themselves out. Could be someone leaves the program and Martin knows it. You never know.

VN Store

Back