'12 OK PG Nino Jackson

colvol

6'2
175 Ibs

Rivals shows no teams intrested and Scout shows Kansas as his favorite, says we are intrested but haven't offered. Great shooter and scorer, his only problem is he is more of a combo guard and not a true PG.

Ugh.... (in reference to him not being a true point guard)

Last edited:
Strengths:
Jackson is a wiry thin wing that plays stronger than he appears. He excels in transition with his explosive athletic ability. In the half court Jackson attacked the basket on a regular basis. He can finish over or around defenders with his touch, concentration and ability to hang and get the ball up on the rim. Jackson has a quick first step and loves to attack mostly going to his right where he can withstand contact and score. He has a good mid range jumper but struggled shooting the three although he looks very capable. Jackson has excellent elevation and possesses a scoring mentality.

Weaknesses:
Jackson is a attacking shooting guard in the body of a point guard which could be a concern for some. He must work on going left in order to be as explosive as he is going right. Jackson plays strong for his size but must add strength to deal with taller and stronger guards especially at the shooting guard position defensively and to be more competitive on the glass. Jackson didn't shoot well from three when we saw him but he looks to be very capable but that must be a consistent weapon for him as well. He should also look to hone some point guard skills which could add to his playing time because this would allow him to play both guard positions.

Bottom Line:
Jackson is a small shooting guard that can get in done scoring wise. He is a highlight waiting to happen on the break and he can get his own shot in a one on one situation or slash with great speed and quickness from the wing and along the baseline. He plays in attack mode and constantly puts defenders back on their heels. He must continue to add strength and work on playing the point but this young man is fun to watch compete.

Offers from Mizzou, Baylor, Okie State, and Kansas. Top 20 PG according to Rivals. Would be a nice add.

We need a guy who can create his own shot. This guy can do it.

Good call.

Also reminds me of Chris Jones.

I love how high Jackson gets off the ground with his jumper. Also has a quick release.

But his Bball IQ has always been in question. In his second year in Memphis he continues to make poor decisions in the game.

But his Bball IQ has always been in question. In his second year in Memphis he continues to make poor decisions in the game.

Was talking more about Nino.

Agree about Joe, he's a 2 playing the 1.

Joe Jackson is trying to do to much, he is trying to make things happen for his teammates and its hurting him.

Joe Jackson has more talent in his little toe then Trae does in all, I am a big fan of Trae when he plays smart but its true.

That comment wasn't a comparison between the two and who was more talented. It was a correlation between Memphis and Tennessee both having PG's that are trying to do too much and in turn, are hurting their respective teams.

That comment wasn't a comparison between the two and who was more talented. It was a correlation between Memphis and Tennessee both having PG's that are trying to do too much and in turn, are hurting their respective teams.

I know. I was just sayin lol

VN Store

Back