What Stokes coming to UT means for our BB Program

1985Vols

1. Possibly opens recruiting pipeline into Memphis for Cuonzo.Pulling a 5-star recruit out of Memphis does not happen very often. (CBP never was able to do it)
2. Gives the Vols BB team and CCM Cred with other 5-star recruits
3. Brings some excitement back into our program after a dismal start to this season
4. Gives us another option in the paint besides Maymon
5. Proves that CCM can recruit 5 star players and shuts up all the naysayers on this board that have said he can't...

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Stokes plays lights out and convinces Johnathan Williams to join his party in Knoxville.

1. Possibly opens recruiting pipeline into Memphis for Cuonzo.Pulling a 5-star recruit out of Memphis does not happen very often. (CBP never was able to do it)
2. Gives the Vols BB team and CCM Cred with other 5-star recruits
3. Brings some excitement back into our program after a dismal start to this season
4. Gives us another option in the paint besides Maymon
5. Proves that CCM can recruit 5 star players and shuts up all the naysayers on this board that have said he can't...

You haters just can't even celebrate our signing a top recruit. Why is it Pearl always has to be brought up. Its
not the people who liked Pearl bringing him up. I think you people must be into some weird phychological fantasies. Anyone who loves Tennessee is just as excited with this get as you are. LET IT GO

Stokes said tthis after his announcement: "We walk by faith not sight," Stokes said. "I am fortunate that that I have great people surrounding me. All the adversity that I have been through has made me a better person."

He sounds like a great kid with alot of character. What a wonderful addition to not only our BB Program but our University as well.

Icing on the Cake, Mempiss looks like they are going to lose yet another game, down 7 to Georgetown with 3 minutes to go.

You haters just can't even celebrate our signing a top recruit. Why is it Pearl always has to be brought up. Its
not the people who liked Pearl bringing him up. I think you people must be into some weird phychological fantasies. Anyone who loves Tennessee is just as excited with this get as you are. LET IT GO

Stating a fact doesn't equate to bashing someone. The best player Bruce pulled out of the area was Wayne Chism and while he is one of my favorites due to his charisma, personality, play, and heart, he wasn't a 5 star and was from the "area" not the city. Bolivar is not quite like pulling from Memphis itself. Great get, and a lot of the fans on this board don't pay attention enough with basketball to understand this. I didn't interpret the post you are referring to the same way you did by any means.

Stating a fact doesn't equate to bashing someone. The best player Bruce pulled out of the area was Wayne Chism and while he is one of my favorites due to his charisma, personality, play, and heart, he wasn't a 5 star and was from the "area" not the city. Bolivar is not quite like pulling from Memphis itself. Great get, and a lot of the fans on this board don't pay attention enough with basketball to understand this. I didn't interpret the post you are referring to the same way you did by any means.

I just wish we would leave him out of our discussions. He's gone. Lets just enjoy what happened tonight. GBO

Thank you becasue I'm not sure what he meant at all. My post wasn't mean to be derogatory at all towards Bruce Pearl. In fact, I'm still crazy about the guy and appreciate ehat he did for our BB program....

Fantastic job by Coach Martin making this player a priority. Never easy coming in after a change and keeping and building on those relationships that were present. What a unique situation this kid is coming into also, will be able to contribute immediately. Go Vols!

i was at the announcement. A KY fan said to Stokes, "We'll see you in the SEC." Stokes said, "Yes sir, I'm looking forward to it!"

This man is a great player and person and I hope he accomplishes great things at the University of Tennessee.

PS - I sat next to Cam Clear. He is a monster!

Thank you becasue I'm not sure what he meant at all. My post wasn't mean to be derogatory at all towards Bruce Pearl. In fact, I'm still crazy about the guy and appreciate ehat he did for our BB program....

Then an apology is in order.

Then an apology is in order.

No problem. I was (and still am) one of Pearl's biggest supporters. All I was doing was trying to state the fact that as hard as he tried, he never was able to pull a big time recruit from Memphis. Saying that, we all need to understand that he would have signed Stokes as well and is probably the main reason Martin was able to continue what Pearl started. It's all good....

:huh:

Why so defensive?

VN Store

Back