Incredible pickup by Martin, but...

TooLegit2Quit

...please don't trash this guy when he comes in and doesn't average 40 points a game. He hasn't played organized ball in a while and I dont expect him to be in D1 game shape right off the back.

There will be a learning curve going from high school immediately to SEC play. He should contribute though and we will have him next season as well and hopefully by then he'll be a monster.

Reactions: 2 people
Inb4 anyone calls him a bust for scoring 4 pts and a rebound in his first game. :crazy:

Agree 100%. He may not even start in the first few games. Hopefully he can give us consistent play.

...please don't trash this guy when he comes in and doesn't average 40 points a game. He hasn't played organized ball in a while and I dont expect him to be in D1 game shape right off the back.

There will be a learning curve going from high school immediately to SEC play. He should contribute though and we will have him next season as well and hopefully by then he'll be a monster.

I agree. Still a huge get for us. Kudos to Martin.

ANyone that knows basketball surely understands Stokes won't put up 40/10 in his first game or in any game this season. He'll definitely contribute heavily to a team that really needs some help, especially in the paint. From all we have hear, he has great work ethic and probably will be a good leader as well at some point. Give him some time

There will be some on here do it, just to stir up crap. The true Vol fans will know.

Agree 100%. He may not even start in the first few games. Hopefully he can give us consistent play.

Has I posted in other Stokes thread, recruitingspotlightwordpress.com has an evaluation of him. They say he will be a rebounding machine!:good!:

If he doesn't average 36.8 pts 13 rebounds 10 blocks & 11 assists a game then pull his damn scholly!

Not to mention the fact that he's not going to be fixing our weakest link on the team

If he is a Barkley type player... don't expect many blocks. I expect more rebounding and tenacity than anything this season. Stoked for Stokes baby!!!

If he is a Barkley type player... don't expect many blocks. I expect more rebounding and tenacity than anything this season. Stoked for Stokes baby!!!

Stokes is 6'8", Barkley 6'4". I like the comparison especially with the size of JS.

Who cares if there is a learning curve! Who cares if there is rust! He's better rusty in a wheelchair than Kenny Hall ever is!

if anyone has their hopes up for this kid to come in and be a star for us this season, they are going to be disappointed.

Some people were talking about the fact that Stokes naturally plays the same position as a problem for Martin. I see it as a positive. Stokes doesn't have to leap right to the starting line up. He can work in behind Maymon for the 1st few games. And maybe play along side Woolridge in the 2nd unit. Woolridge is going to drift out anyway, that should leave the paint open for Stokes to work. Then once he is acclimated to playing full speed again he can slide over and start for Hall. He won't be as tall, but his physicality should make up for that. JMHO

VN Store

Back