A Florida writer's guess at Stokes (SIAP)

Volumnus 2011

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!
I'm sorry to post a new thread for this, but I wanted everyone to be able to see another guess at the Stokes Lottery.

But will the Pelphrey connection and the available scholarship be enough to lure Stokes to Gainesville? Probably not. Expect for Stokes to remain in state and play for Cuonzo Martin at Tennessee. Stokes would arguably be the most talented player in Knoxville as soon as he arrives on campus and could make an immediate impact for the Vols.

-Lance Davis of alligatorarmy.com

Source: Five-Star Forward Jarnell Stokes To Announce Thursday, Considering Florida - Alligator Army

What does it mean? Nothing, of course. But I do like our chances.

I don't want to read through tons of pages and I know this will get merged...but before it does whats the deal with Strokes? He's in prep school? or transferred high schools and had to sit out? Is he able to play next semester or what?

I don't want to read through tons of pages and I know this will get merged...but before it does whats the deal with Strokes? He's in prep school? or transferred high schools and had to sit out? Is he able to play next semester or what?

My understanding is that he is an EE, and will be eligible to play as soon as he enrolls in school. This is fairly common with baseball players because of the timing of the season, but much less so with basketball players. However, Stokes was ruled ineligible this season because he transferred schools, so he has not begun a HS basketball season at his current school.

Switched high schools and us eligible to play Jan. 12th.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

HS recruit. Tried to transfer to another HS for his senior season with hopes of getting a hardship permit to play this season, but was rejected. So, he hasn't played and won't play his senior year of HS. He graduated early (a couple weeks ago) and is now in a position to be eligible to play this season in the NCAA. Doesn't happen very often, but there is precedent to believe that he will be playing in college within the next few weeks.

Dan Wolken on Stokes... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Stokes: "It's done. He's announcing for UT 100%."

To Griffith on Twitter: "It's done Mike. 100% to Tennessee. Don't play coy with your readers."

- Got this from VQ. Twitter quotes.

Reactions: 1 person
If he is as good as advertised, I'd expect him to play half of this year and then a full year next year and off he goes. I'd take him for a 1.5 years though. He'd definitely get more playing time at UT than anywhere else like Memphis or Florida and that isn't because I'm a UT fan. That's just reality. We need talent. They already have it.

And don't always take whatever Wolken says as truth. He's a Candy grad and used to be a Tiger High beat writer that hated Pearl and hates UT. He'd do anything to chum the waters and get UT fans hopes up to see them get disappointed. The guy is a douche.

HS recruit. Tried to transfer to another HS for his senior season with hopes of getting a hardship permit to play this season, but was rejected. So, he hasn't played and won't play his senior year of HS. He graduated early (a couple weeks ago) and is now in a position to be eligible to play this season in the NCAA. Doesn't happen very often, but there is precedent to believe that he will be playing in college within the next few weeks.

Since this would have been his senior season and he would be playing in the NCAA, would he still have to come back for the 2012-13 year? I'm not sure what the NBA requirement is on that other than that they be 19. Does their high school senior class also have to be one year removed from school before they can go to the draft?

Since this would have been his senior season and he would be playing in the NCAA, would he still have to come back for the 2012-13 year? I'm not sure what the NBA requirement is on that other than that they be 19. Does their high school senior class also have to be one year removed from school before they can go to the draft?

From what I've read he would play 1.5 season at UT then NBA bound.

And don't always take whatever Wolken says as truth. He's a Candy grad and used to be a Tiger High beat writer that hated Pearl and hates UT. He'd do anything to chum the waters and get UT fans hopes up to see them get disappointed. The guy is a douche.

He's saying 100%. If he was saying "I'm pretty sure it's UT" or "I'll be shocked if it's anywhere else", I'd tend to agree. But he's putting his rep on the line (kinda).

tonight at 7:30, but they might say something at the game also.

I am pretty certain that can't happen due to NCAA rules. He isn't signing a NLI so the University will have to stay silent.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back