question about jarnell stokes

sdowell

if he does come to u t, and has a big impact, will he be able to declare for the 2012 nba draft ? i 've thought about this and really don't know if we would be or not, after just playing a semester. thoughts ? thanks !!

if he does come to u t, and has a big impact, will he be able to declare for the 2012 nba draft ? i 've thought about this and really don't know if we would be or not, after just playing a semester. thoughts ? thanks !!

He will have to play one more year because he won't be 19.

great news guys, i feel like we get him. i feel even better that we will have him at least another year, thanks !!!:good!::good!:

Getting players like this never really happens. It would be nice to have him this year and all of next of year.

I was thinking he could leave and declare in 2012. Glad we'd have him for 2012-2013 too!

Something to do with transferring.

Transfer students are athletically ineligible for one year unless they move into the new school’s district or are granted a hardship.

Something to do with transferring.

Transfer students are athletically ineligible for one year unless they move into the new school’s district or are granted a hardship.

To clear this up one last time.

Jarnell lives in the district zoned for Southwind HS, a school that is about 5 years old I believe.

Memphis City Schools (MCS) kids can basically transfer to other city schools (just once I think) because not all of the schools are cerated equal with some having optional programs (higher ed classes) and such.

Jarnell enrolled at Central HS as a freshman and played Basketball there as a frosh, soph, and junior. Depending on what story you want to believe, he transferred for this reason or that. In the end, you have to look at that he was transferring to a Southwind team that was absolutely freaking loaded.

Per TSSAA policy, transfers have to sit out unless they meet a certain list of criteria. Jarnell did not meet any of those.

His appealed to the TSSAA on the basis that it was better for him to go to Southwind bc it was closer and for financial reasons (there is was a fee that was supposed to be paid to go to Central bc he was in the optional program..something like 500-600 bucks).

Appeal was denied....he appealed one last time to the Board of Control at TSSAA (basically statewide principals and such) and it was denied again.

That is the basic gist of it.

VN Store

Back