5 Points

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
between McRae and Golden. FIVE.

Thank God for Cam Tatum's explosion offensively.

Swiper played probably his best game at UT as well, can't let that go ignored.

Agree. He looked like a totally different player. Now, I know he's gonna suck for the next ten games, but he played well.

Also, Kenny Hall brought a lot of activity in the first half.

Without Swiper in the 1st half and Maymon and Tatum in the 2nd, we lose. It's nice to see some players step up when Golden and McRae went MIA.

If I'm another coach, I make someone else besides Golden, McRae and Maymon beat me. After those 3, the pickings are slim.

That's not fair to Golden. McRae had 0. Nada. And a couple of airballs that were legitimate threats to the audience's safety.

I said at the beginning of the season that McRae would be this year's Hopson. Great one night and completely non-existent the next. He is living up to it.

Man, Golden is pitiful. He has missed time and time behind the three line. It doesn't matter if there is not a defender within 30 feet, he still misses. God forbid him actually make a decent pass on a alley oop. He is awful and a liability every time he is on the court.

I said at the beginning of the season that McRae would be this year's Hopson. Great one night and completely non-existent the next. He is living up to it.

He'll get better. Unlike Scotty, he actually cares about the team and has a good attitude.

The first few games of the season were just extreme teasers for all of us. I would much rather see Washpun out there at point right now.

If Golden would just stop trying to score from the perimeter so much he'd be fine. He's a decent penetrator and distributor, he just can't shoot. Or defend, but that's another story.

If Golden would just stop trying to score from the perimeter so much he'd be fine. He's a decent penetrator and distributor, he just can't shoot. Or defend, but that's another story.

I agree that's a different story for another day.. If he would actually be a point guard first and get the other guys involved, he would be really good. Like you said, he is a decent penetrator and distributor.

I agree that's a different story for another day.. If he would actually be a point guard first and get the other guys involved, he would be really good. Like you said, he is a decent penetrator and distributor.

Hell, we've seen him and he can even shoot the ball well sometimes.

He's a horrible defender. That's obvious.

I don't know what is up with him. He looks nothing like the player from the first two games. He has that potential it seems. The problem is that he is UT's best option. Washpun is too raw offensively to get 25-30 minutes a game. And Richardson isn't a point guard. So, what are you going to do?

The first two teams are a combined 3-21. That's why he looked good.

I don't care about bad the teams are. You put up 30 against D1 opponents, you got some potential to be a good player.

Golden was a #2 coming in. Now he's a #1. That takes some time to learn a new position and I don't know if he'll ever learn it. He's a shooter first and passer second. He has to get out of that mindset.

I don't care about bad the teams are. You put up 30 against D1 opponents, you got some potential to be a good player.

It matters. Everyone we play puts up a career high. Bad defense makes players look better than they are.

Golden was a #2 coming in. Now he's a #1. That takes some time to learn a new position and I don't know if he'll ever learn it. He's a shooter first and passer second. He has to get out of that mindset.

He can get to the rim well. He needs to understand he can do that.

Golden is not a true point guard, but the best we have to offer as Washpun lacks experience. Golden is a streaky shooter. His areas of weakness is his decision making and perimeter defense. His foot speed is just not there.

Golden is not a true point guard, but the best we have to offer as Washpun lacks experience. Golden is a streaky shooter. His areas of weakness is his decision making and perimeter defense. His foot speed is just not there.

While true, he isn't a true PG, his foot speed is every bit as good as the teams we are losing to. He's perfectly fine from the athleticism standpoint.

VN Store

Back