What was the best win in school history in B-ball?

Fireflame865

while this years team is down, let's go back and remember the good old days *cough* (2005-2011)

I'll take the win over Florida St. That was a pretty good one to start with.

Pretty sure he is talking basketball. Cant say what the greatest was. My favorite was the win over Durant and Texas in Knoxville. Lofton hitting that 3 was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Reactions: 3 people
Kansas when we were playing with walk ons... We had some solid wins at the beginning of last season as well.

Reactions: 7 people
I have not followed B-Ball that much, but Skyler & the other 5 vols that beat Kansas right after the vehicle stop was pretty impressive. FWIW football wise my first game in Neyland was when Clint fumbled the ball that continued are march to the 98 N.C. could not have asked for a better night not that I remember a lot of it...

Reactions: 1 person
You could argue 2010 Kansas or 2008 Memphis, but my initial inclination is for 2010 Ohio State.

You could argue 2010 Kansas or 2008 Memphis, but my initial inclination is for 2010 Ohio State.

My first reaction was OSU but the 08 Memphis was probably bigger. Seems like I remember hearing some crazy national TV ratings for that game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnnoOn4S-xY[/YOUTUBE]
1993 UK game - Probably not the best, but my first memory of UT basketball. We sucked, and a few weeks later was the 101-40 game, but still.

I'd argue '10 Ohio State, although I probably savored the '08 Memphis win more than any of the past decade, in football or basketball. The UF wins in Pearl's first year were awesome as well.

Reactions: 6 people
The 2008 Memphis and 2010 Ohio State games were the two most significant wins from the Pearl tenure. However, I can think of about seven more that are really memorable from his time.

My first reaction was OSU but the 08 Memphis was probably bigger. Seems like I remember hearing some crazy national TV ratings for that game.

The Memphis game had way more hype and hoopla, but as a program, getting to the Elite Eight is more important to me than nabbing a #1 record at some point during the regular season.

I think Kansas ranks #1 for me, since I was there. #2 would have to be beating Ohio State followed by Memphis. All were special moments that I'll continue to remember.

The Memphis game had way more hype and hoopla, but as a program, getting to the Elite Eight is more important to me than nabbing a #1 record at some point during the regular season.

Agreed. A big post season win has to be more important than any regular season one.

Either Ohio State in '10 or the '08 Memphis win. It is a toss-up for me. You can argue each one for equally valid reasons. One win gets us our first ever #1 ranking in hoops and the other takes us further than we have ever gone as a program, the elite 8.

There were a lot of good ones during Bruce Pearl era, but I have to say Memphis '08 or Kansas at TBA. Ohio State is a close 3rd.

Best win had to be Ohio State, furthest any UT team has ever been in the tourney! Personally I was at Dane Bradsaw's senior day and a win over Florida, loved that atmosphere!

Gotta go with Memphis in '08. There was so much hype around that game and the game lived up to it. Not to mention it gave us our first #1 ranking in school history

Bernard King vowed that UK would not beat UT in basketball as long as he was playing. They didn't. Good times.

Bernard King vowed that UK would not beat UT in basketball as long as he was playing. They didn't. Good times.

So UT really did have a men's basketball team before 2005? Would have never known from reading this forum.

Gotta go with Memphis in '08. There was so much hype around that game and the game lived up to it. Not to mention it gave us our first #1 ranking in school history

I would remember that game a lot more fondly if it wasn't immediately followed by a bad performance and a loss in Nashville.

1993 UK game - Probably not the best, but my first memory of UT basketball. We sucked, and a few weeks later was the 101-40 game, but still.

I'd argue '10 Ohio State, although I probably savored the '08 Memphis win more than any of the past decade, in football or basketball. The UF wins in Pearl's first year were awesome as well.

This game as well as the '91 or '92 game at TBA when a pretty bad Tennessee team beat a top 5 KY team by close to twenty. Not a lot to cheer about for basketVols while I was in college, but beating ky was definitely memory makers.

I completely forgot about sweeping Florida in Pearl's first year. That game in Knoxville was great. Still would have to say the Kansas win was the biggest though.

VN Store

Back