If Stokes comes to Tennessee

BasketvolsFan

Should we be lucky enough to land Stokes, will he be an immediate starter and how will he impact the season for this team? Your thoughts.

Every one on here wants Martin gone. So why should Stokes want to come to this mess?

Who knows. Maybe he can play Center, Forward, Guard and Coach as well. :)

He will start right off but there is no way to be sure of his impact.

Every one on here wants Martin gone. So why should Stokes want to come to this mess?

Please stop. Coach Martin isn't half way through the season, not even into conference play and you believe everyone wants him gone. Seriously? You know nothing about basketball, his motion offense or dedication to playing defense.

Reactions: 3 people
Stokes and maymon could make some noise together.

I agree. I think Stokes could have been the difference in every loss this season. He's that good. If we land him, I believe we will be a much better team. He will start for Hall and give us an inside dimension that is sorely lacking now. He is also the type player that will make every one around him better.

Based on what?

I think the same thing. This is why. Most feel he made his mind up last week. Even though he didn't end up going, He planned a trip to Arkansas after making his decision. They have a scholarship available. Not a lot of info to base an opinion on but the trip things says a lot to me. Hope I am wrong.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think the same thing. This is why. Most feel he made his mind up last week. Even though he didn't end up going, He planned a trip to Arkansas after making his decision. They have a scholarship available. Not a lot of info to base an opinion on but the trip things says a lot to me. Hope I am wrong.

Didn't he end up canceling the trip right after our in-home? Fingers still crossed

Are you sure about that? I love the way everyone is used by some on here. A few isn't everyone. There isn't a coach anywhere that doesn't have his detractors and Martin is no different but that doesn't mean "everyone" wants him gone. Stokes is the type of player that can make people like Martin alot better. Not saying he is a instant superstar but he has the talent to be a very good to great player over time.

Didn't he end up canceling the trip right after our in-home? Fingers still crossed

He did cancel it but not sure if it was after the in-home or not. The in-home shouldn't have been very important if you believe he was a vol early last week like seemed to be the thinking.

He did cancel it but not sure if it was after the in-home or not. The in-home shouldn't have been very important if you believe he was a vol early last week like seemed to be the thinking.

Could've assuaged some cold feet. That's the hope at least.

Every one on here that wants wants Martin gone at this point is a bafoon.

fyp

With all the crap that basketball has to deal with right now and no game changing talent, what do these people expect? There's a serious disconnect with reality with some fans.

I don't believe for an instant that he'd come to UT, but if he did at least maybe we could rise to 11th in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. I think Stokes could have been the difference in every loss this season. He's that good. If we land him, I believe we will be a much better team. He will start for Hall and give us an inside dimension that is sorely lacking now. He is also the type player that will make every one around him better.

Is he going to play the 1, 2, 3? There is where are games are being lost. Stokes will play the 4. The only position that we are not struggling with. He will probably start the second half of the season behind Maymon getting 20 minutes. Miller could slide to the 5. Stokes is not going to play the 5.

Is he going to play the 1, 2, 3? There is where are games are being lost. Stokes will play the 4. The only position that we are not struggling with. He will probably start the second half of the season behind Maymon getting 20 minutes. Miller could slide to the 5. Stokes is not going to play the 5.

He's 6'8/250. DaJaun Blair played center at 6'6. Why couldn't he play center?

VN Store

Back