unimpressive numbers for signees Reese and Edwards

kamoshika

While I can't find complete stats for Reese, he's apparently averaging under 12 points and fewer than 7 rebounds per game as he's not listed on these leader lists:
Points per game - OrlandoSentinel.com
Rebounds per game - OrlandoSentinel.com

He is, however, doing a superb job at the FT line:
Free throw percentage - OrlandoSentinel.com

Reese reportedly made big strides in his game on the AAU circuit over the summer, but it's not showing up yet in his numbers.

Edwards is currently averaging just 12.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. He's hitting his FTs at a 78% clip but just 42% from the field:
NJCAA | Colleges | Brevard Community College | Basketball I | D'Montre Edwards

IMO, Edwards is still a good prospect and I could see him averaging 8-10 points and 4+ rebounds per game next year. Reese, OTOH...I'll be pleasantly surprised if he helps us out at all next year.

Coming out of West Ashley High School in Charleston, Edwards was only named all-region and honorable mention all-state but he's emerged as a very good juco player. Reese was named 5th team All-Orange County last year and maybe he'll earn similar recognition this year. But based solely on their high school accolades, the pair are the least ballyhooed signees we've signed in a long time.

Well lets hope they develop by their junior years at Tennessee in event of a coaching change so that new/old Coach pearl can take them to the NCAA. j/k I dont think stats are always the best way to tell a player. Suppose they play in a talent rich high school area or similar position as a great player at same school which overshadows him. It doesnt mean the one is bad, it just means the other guy was better.

What is Martin's system? So far it has been lack of defense in second half and unable to score against a zone.

And the signing of athletes with questionable skill and talent with the hopes of coaching them into stellar college players once they get here.

Stokes would be an immediate help but you're not going to be successful if you miss on 50% or more of your signees. I do like the looks of the point guard from Ala. that we just reeled in. He looks like a baller.

Overall - So far - color me concerned.

I think McBee was similar in points. It depends on the talent level that they are playing with too.

I was being sarcastic about Stevie wearing Ernie grunfelds #22 till he graduated since Grunfelds number is retired and hanging.

Wade Houston Era Part #2

Why Wade Houston? Seriously? Coach Martin hasn't even gotten through half the schedule in his first season nor has he completed his recruiting for next season, yet you compare him to another Coach when the only resemblance is their complexion. Sad. Judge the man individually based on a body of work. Not a few games. Also, if you know Basketball any you do know role players have to be recruited also. Coach Martin has been around long enough to know he has to get some stud players.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd make a rebuttal to someone saying something as stupid as Wade Houston Pt. 2, but I try to ignore any idiotic posts I see at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
Why Wade Houston? Seriously? Coach Martin hasn't even gotten through half the schedule in his first season nor has he completed his recruiting for next season, yet you compare him to another Coach when the only resemblance is their complexion. Sad. Judge the man individually based on a body of work. Not a few games. Also, if you know Basketball any you do know role players have to be recruited also. Coach Martin has been around long enough to know he has to get some stud players.
I second that.
Why not Kevin Oneal #2?
Oneal never had a winning season at UT.
Houston had 2 and 2 NIT appearances.
I smell racism.

Yeah all those amazing 4* players that Pearl left are doing so great..... oh wait

Um if we get players that avg 12 pts a game in high school, all those 4 stars that pearl got will look that great......and may I remind u the players pear recruited in his years at ut led him to beat the number one team twice was ranked one six straight appearances to NCAA, two sweet sixteens an elite eight where he nearly missed final four and twenty plus wins each of his six seasons

Last edited:
I'd make a rebuttal to someone saying something as stupid as Wade Houston Pt. 2, but I try to ignore any idiotic posts I see at this point.

Yeah Cuonzo sure isnt Wade Houston. He doesnt have an All American son to throw out there so the fact that they are comparable with Martin having no one of any count says little for Wade!!!!

It will pan out that UT has the worst two Div.1 coaches in the country Dooley and Martin. We should move to the Southern Conference, oh wait we can't win there either. My Christmas wish is to make it end.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back