Preferred starting lineup

zansdad

Just spit balling here really, but if I could be coach for a game I think my starting lineup would look like this:

PG- Washpun
SG- Golden
SF- McRae
PF- Maymon
C- Miller

Based on what I have seen this year, these are the 5 best players (at their position). The only change I might make would be Richardson at the SG and see if that lit a fire under Golden.

My thinking is this. Hall is not improving, so let him sit and let Miller play. Golden is not evolving into a PG very quickly so why keep forcing it. Let's see if he is better just scoring than trying to run an offense (this would also relieve him from trying to guard the other teams PG). Tatum is just so hit or miss. When he goes in, if he is hot fine leave him in, but quit wasting starter minutes on him on nights he just isn't into it. Play Golden at the point just long enough to give Washpun a rest. Yemi would be my first big off the bench, then Woolridge (with instructions to not shoot beyond 10ft). McBee would play limited minutes as well as Hall.

There are probably some holes in this lineup, but now is the time to shake things up. When there are 4 games it looks like we can win. Now is the time to get Washpun, Yemi, and Richardson experience and see if they can come up to speed.

Thoughts??

I gotta admit that this is not a bad proposal. The only thing I may disagree with is taking Cam out. I just think that, as streaky as Cam is, his experience outweighs Wasphpun's realistic freshman potential.

PG- Washpun/ golden
SG- Golden/ mcbee or Richardson
SF- McRae/Richardson
PF- Maymon/miller
C- Miller/ Yemi

I agree and play only these 8 unless you have foul trouble.

I like the linup. I like Wash being able to penetrate a zone and kick it out too. You'd then want Skylar and/or Cam in the game.

And guys, Skylar needs 8-10 shots a game and will put up 9-15 points with those shots. We need shooters and points. He doesn't need to be out of the rotation. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I like the linup. I like Wash being able to penetrate a zone and kick it out too. You'd then want Skylar and/or Cam in the game.

And guys, Skylar needs 8-10 shots a game and will put up 9-15 points with those shots. We need shooters and points. He doesn't need to be out of the rotation. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I struggled with how to deal the McBee. My thinking was that if Golden plays well at the SG, then McBee's minutes would go down. If Golden struggles at SG too, then of course you go with McBee's shooting.

I gotta admit that this is not a bad proposal. The only thing I may disagree with is taking Cam out. I just think that, as streaky as Cam is, his experience outweighs Wasphpun's realistic freshman potential.

I actually might have Cam ahead of Golden. For all the problems he's had in this area, he plays better defense than Trae, and neither of them are really lighting it up on the offensive end.

The problem with McBee is that he gives away half, if not more of those points due to his defense and bad decision making when handling the ball. They need to choose his defensive match-ups better, he tends to guard some of the better players on the other team for some reason.

The problem with McBee is that he gives away half, if not more of those points due to his defense and bad decision making when handling the ball. They need to choose his defensive match-ups better, he tends to guard some of the better players on the other team for some reason.

I think its because he has to. Problem is, most of the time, he is in position, but he'll make a bad mistake or get blown by and we tend to remember each of them. I don't think he gets blown by any more than anyone else on the team. His are just uglier.

of Washpun. He's just lost on offense so far.
Just spit balling here really, but if I could be coach for a game I think my starting lineup would look like this:

PG- Washpun
SG- Golden
SF- McRae
PF- Maymon
C- Miller

Based on what I have seen this year, these are the 5 best players (at their position). The only change I might make would be Richardson at the SG and see if that lit a fire under Golden.

My thinking is this. Hall is not improving, so let him sit and let Miller play. Golden is not evolving into a PG very quickly so why keep forcing it. Let's see if he is better just scoring than trying to run an offense (this would also relieve him from trying to guard the other teams PG). Tatum is just so hit or miss. When he goes in, if he is hot fine leave him in, but quit wasting starter minutes on him on nights he just isn't into it. Play Golden at the point just long enough to give Washpun a rest. Yemi would be my first big off the bench, then Woolridge (with instructions to not shoot beyond 10ft). McBee would play limited minutes as well as Hall.

There are probably some holes in this lineup, but now is the time to shake things up. When there are 4 games it looks like we can win. Now is the time to get Washpun, Yemi, and Richardson experience and see if they can come up to speed.

Thoughts??

VN Store

Back