Stokes taking unofficial to Arkansas ?

ITSGR82BATNVOL

MARCH MADNESS - Best two weeks in sports!
There was some chatter on the boards earlier in the week about Stokes taking an unofficial this w/e. His Dad confirmed this was indeed the plan, although his Dad would not reveal the school. Several people speculated it was Arkansas. Can anyone confirm if there is / was a visit, and to whom?

I'm guessing that johnnybravo pulled that Arkansas visit out of his ass. I haven't seen anything more credible than VN posts that say Stokes is visiting anywhere.

Jarnell tweeted earlier today:
About to support my brother at his game. That's my guy!

Could be wrong, but I doubt he's referencing anyone at the Southeastern LA - Arkansas game.

Apparently he was considering a visit to either Arkansas or Florida, but plans fell through (per Ark recruiting source). This only bodes well for TN considering many figured he'd commit to Ark if he got down there this weekend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Apparently he was considering a visit to either Arkansas or Florida, but plans fell through (per Ark recruiting source). This only bodes well for TN considering many figured he'd commit to Ark if he got down there this weekend.

Confirmed. I was just reading this on Arkansas's board.

Well, let's just hope the Vols get some good news on either Monday or Tuesday. We need more of a post presence in a bad way.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info :hi:

Well, let's just hope the Vols get some good news on either Monday or Tuesday. We need more of a post presence in a bad way.

Well the way everyone on here is talking about coach Martin, why would he want to come here. Maybe he reads this board and seen how everyone wants to get rid of Martin. :whistling: Just saying

Reactions: 1 person
Well the way everyone on here is talking about coach Martin, why would he want to come here. Maybe he reads this board and seen how everyone wants to get rid of Martin. :whistling: Just saying
Not everyone, not nearly everyone. Basically the same fools, saying fire Dooley. DD deserves a third year, with at least two of his own recruiting classes to show what he can do. CCM deserves the same. No coach should / nor can they be FAIRLY judged w/o bringing in his / her own players. Some idiots (which are in the minority btw) just don't get it. Never have, likely never will.

Last edited:
Not everyone, not nearly everyone. Basically the same fools, saying fire Dooley. DD deserves a third year, with at least two of his own recruiting classes to show what he can do. CCM deserves the same. No coach should / nor can fairly be judged w/o bringing in his own players. Some idiots (which are in the minority btw) just don't get it. Never have, likely never will.

Your right. But it is just crazy the way some people on here talk about Dooley and Martin. The mess they both took over no one would come here and take either job. I am glad we have both of them as our coaches. They will get the job done.

Reactions: 2 people

Do the Ark people feel good about their chances of getting Stokes?

He said last week he was leaning heavily in one direction and then scheduled this visit. Even though it fell through it sure seems to me he is going to be Hog.

Last edited:
Not everyone, not nearly everyone. Basically the same fools, saying fire Dooley. DD deserves a third year, with at least two of his own recruiting classes to show what he can do. CCM deserves the same. No coach should / nor can they be FAIRLY judged w/o bringing in his / her own players. Some idiots (which are in the minority btw) just don't get it. Never have, likely never will.

:good!:

Common sense is hard to find with some of these keyboard geniuses, but nuggets are sometimes found.

Your right. But it is just crazy the way some people on here talk about Dooley and Martin. The mess they both took over no one would come here and take either job. I am glad we have both of them as our coaches. They will get the job done.

Spot on.

Recruits don't base their decisions on message board drivel.....please stop

Recruits don't base their decisions on comments from all the idiot negavols that post on here, and all of their opinions on how the program needs to be ran. They listen to the people that count. Not the pompous, pseudo intelligent bastards that think that they can coach from their couch and throw a ball 50 yards from the comfort of their recliner.

Fyp.

Do the Ark people feel good about their chances of getting Stokes?

He said last week he was leaning heavily in one direction and then scheduled this visit. Even though it fell through it sure seems to me he is going to be Hog.

I saw multiple posts on that board that anticipate Stokes committing to us. From message boards and ZagBlogs, everyone seems to agree that he's leaning our way if anything at all.

Dooley and Martin aren't really comparable IMO. I am about 75% in favor of getting rid of Dooley. I would certainly be 100% if Bray and Hunter weren't injured.

The thing with Martin is that the optimistic posters were expecting things like excellent defense and functional offensive system. Though these things have not shown in lately, they definitely came to fruition in the first few games. So, we've had a taste of what Martin is capable of, but there have obviously been a few mistakes in the last few games.

In the end, Dooley is in far worse shape than Martin. Both deserve to be here next year, but the difference is that Dooley will probably be fighting for his tenure here at UT, while Martin has more time to instill his systems. When you look at Dooley and Martin's track records, it's clear that Martin has more potential for success.

I saw multiple posts on that board that anticipate Stokes committing to us. From message boards and ZagBlogs, everyone seems to agree that he's leaning our way if anything at all.

If he really was/is ours I don't understand why he would plan a trip to Ark. Hoping I am reading to much into it but I am very worried.

dooley and martin aren't really comparable imo. I am about 75% in favor of getting rid of dooley. I would certainly be 100% if bray and hunter weren't injured.

The thing with martin is that the optimistic posters were expecting things like excellent defense and functional offensive system. Though these things have not shown in lately, they definitely came to fruition in the first few games. So, we've had a taste of what martin is capable of, but there have obviously been a few mistakes in the last few games.

In the end, dooley is in far worse shape than martin. Both deserve to be here next year, but the difference is that dooley will probably be fighting for his tenure here at ut, while martin has more time to instill his systems. When you look at dooley and martin's track records, it's clear that martin has more potential for success.

nice synopsis!!!

Dooley and Martin aren't really comparable IMO. I am about 75% in favor of getting rid of Dooley. I would certainly be 100% if Bray and Hunter weren't injured.

The thing with Martin is that the optimistic posters were expecting things like excellent defense and functional offensive system. Though these things have not shown in lately, they definitely came to fruition in the first few games. So, we've had a taste of what Martin is capable of, but there have obviously been a few mistakes in the last few games.

In the end, Dooley is in far worse shape than Martin. Both deserve to be here next year, but the difference is that Dooley will probably be fighting for his tenure here at UT, while Martin has more time to instill his systems. When you look at Dooley and Martin's track records, it's clear that Martin has more potential for success.
I agree with this 100%. DD will have 2 of his own classes, plus some SEC quality players he was able to save from CLK's class, his first few months on the job. IMO, the "we're young excuse should not and will not fly in 2012. He will have enough talent to compete in 2012, and he will either swim or sink based on what he accomplishes or fails to accomplish in 2012. CCM deserves the same chance, 3 years to recruit his type players and see what results he produces with them.

nice synopsis!!!

Disagree. I think that Martin has more time only because he has been here the shortest time. Neither has proven anything and both have fielded teams that appear at times poorly prepared and coached. Hopefully they both will get it turned around. You have to be able to recruit and coach the athletes that you recruit. Martin hasn't recruited anyone so the jury is still out on he and his staff regarding recruiting. While we looked well coached the first week or two things have crumbled and recently we have struggled with our play with adjustments and with floor coaching.

I think both Martin and Dooley will get it turned around and do well -- but it is not going to be easy.

I'd like to think Martin will get more time if he signs Stokes next week...

Miss St is in play for Stokes. This is according to Rob Lewis on Volquest. Vols had a in home with his family Friday.

I think it is a little to late for miss st? I haven't heard anything about them being in the race. Just Vols, Arkansas, Tiger high, Florida, Uconn, and UK.

VN Store

Back